Author Topic: Puppy not feeling well  (Read 2322 times)

shedrinkzcoffee

Puppy not feeling well
« on: February 19, 2014, 08:02:26 AM »
Our pup has had a bit of a bug.. diarrhea only, no vomiting, for a couple days.  She is fine otherwise.  Playful, happy, not in any pain that we can tell.  Just loose on the back end.

Besides the normal idea of pumpkin, what else would you give?  She hates the pumpkin.  I just tried rice mixed with a little oatmeal and some pumpkin and it was a no go.  I ended up giving her plain rice with a little chicken broth on it and she ate that.  I'm not giving her much but I am hoping to sooth her tummy.  She is GASSY when she goes.  I have never heard such a noise form such a little pup.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

I'll be calling the vet when they open but thought I would ask here too  ;D

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Puppy not feeling well
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »
The rice in chicken broth and maybe with a little chicken meat is also what I would do, since she won't take the pumpkin.  Is she doing any better this afternoon?

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 04:05:04 PM »
she is doing fine so far.  she had a little rice.  she is acting fine, except for tummy issues.   :)

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
Erica, 3 yrs ago when Daisy Mae had her knee surgery her system was so messed up!  I remember boiling chicken breast and giving her the meat....i've heard pumpkin too but Daisy has no interest in it!  Also I bought many jars of baby food, (chicken & turkey puree) it helped he alot through that time...good luck!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »
Pixie, great idea!  I have to run to the store soon so I will pick up a few jars.