Author Topic: Cleaning blinds  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Cheryl

Cleaning blinds
« on: February 22, 2014, 12:20:13 PM »
Please tell me there's some magical way to clean these things! ;D

We have four windows in our living room and that's the room where we have the wood burning heater.  It gets so dusty.  It seems like I cannot ever keep the blinds clean.  Dusting them isn't enough.  I have been wetting a microfiber cloth and washing each slat, but with four windows it gets tedious.  Am I missing something?  Is there a better way?
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

Re: Cleaning blinds
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »
Cheryl, I use the attachment on the vacuum that has the brush on it.  I go over them closed and then opened.  If you have one this of these it also works wonders on return vents and walls. ;)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »
Cheryl, I use the attachment on the vacuum that has the brush on it.  I go over them closed and then opened.  If you have one this of these it also works wonders on return vents and walls. ;)

Strike that, I was thinking about the my vents.  The blinds in here look terrible. :P 

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
I would taken the blinds down and either wash them in the bathtub (during the colder months) or lay them on the driveway and wash and rinse them right on the cement. I would let the sunshine dry them for a while on the ground rotating them around. Make sure your driveway is pretty free of grit when you do this. I just used hot sudsy water to clean them with a good rinse.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats