Author Topic: Stand Mixer  (Read 1684 times)

Offline bobbie78

Stand Mixer
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:42:31 PM »
I have wanted a kitchenaid for a long time. But I just cannot afford that much right now. Would any of you have a suggestion for a nice stand mixer that is a little cheaper? I dont use the mixer everyday, but at least twice a week, sometimes more. Any suggestions? Thanks.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Stand Mixer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:17:30 AM »
I really like my kitchenaid. Could you look around for sales? It seems like I've seen sales going on right about now.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 06:22:23 AM »
Hi Alice! I've been watching the ads, checking on deals on facebook, etc. and the cheapest I have found is around 200.00. That is still a little steep for me at the moment. I'm sure its a good deal because I have heard nothing but great things about Kitchenaid. I have been trying to save for one...but as soon as I put some extra back something else comes along.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
If you were to turn up an older used model on craigslist or the like, the motors are supposed to be even better than in the newer ones.  We just brought my mom's 30+ year old one out of retirement.  I sold the Bosch last year but occasionally missed having a stand mixer.  However, my Cuisinart hand mixer is very heavy duty and I use it the most, and those run about $40.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 10:55:27 AM »
I do love my Kitchenaid as well, but if that isn't an option I second looking at the Cuisinart brand.  I believe they do make stand mixers too.  I have one of their food processors and it works quite well.  I think Kohls has a fairly good selection of that brand as well as other brands.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
I would call the Kitchen Aid Experience store.. here is the link. 

http://www.kitchenaid.com/experience-retail-center/

Its in my hometown and I go whenever I am back and they ALWAYS have refurbished models at good prices.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 02:13:36 AM »
Thanks, ladies. Catherine, fingers crossed that I come across something I can afford. I checked out the cuisinart today. It looks very nice, as well. And Erika, thanks for that link. I will check that out as well!

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 05:50:15 AM »
I love my red kitchenaid.  Her name is Ruby! :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:32:18 AM »
Sorry Bobbie, after I made my post I checked Kohls site to see if they still carried Cuisinart standing mixers and to my surprise they are twice the price of KitchenAid! :o

Cheryl, I think the red one is by far the prettiest.  ;)  Mine is plain white.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 09:38:38 PM »
It's ok, Lindsay! I went online and checked them out, noticed they were a bit pricey. And I thought ''maybe I am looking in all the wrong places!" lol.