Author Topic: December 27, 2013  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
December 27, 2013
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:26:28 AM »
I've let myself get out of the habit of picking something to work on each day. 

Today, I'm going to wipe everything down on the walls, like picture frames, thermostat, wall hangings, light switches.  I'm going to start in the living room and see if I can get to the whole house.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: December 27, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:58:28 AM »
I decided to clean out the top two shelves of the closet we use as a pantry.  I did the floor area and lower shelves a few weeks ago because they primarily hold food and I was reorganizing that and trying to see what we had.  The top two shelves hold miscellaneous stuff.  Nail polish remover, animal meds, batteries, cleaners, and so on.  Having redone the linen closet a few weeks ago and made room for cleaners there, I'm moving some of that stuff out and neatening up these shelves.  Washed them down good and have gotten most of it put back.  Trying to decide if I have enough motivation left to tackle the former coat closet which has a whole lot of other miscellaneous in it.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: December 27, 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »
Good Morning,

We continue to have very, very cold weather. There were over 450 schools closed again today.  The wind chill is about -20 degrees right now. The roads are very slippery and there have been so many accidents mainly on the highways but also on major roads. We were let out of work early yesterday and were told to come in at 9 am just to be sure we could see while driving.

I'm in the crowd that is ready for spring. I keep reminding myself that Jan. is almost over. I should enjoy Jan. since it is the month of my birthday but I really don't like always having to deal with snow on my birthday. I would like a nice warm day to celebrate possibly on the beach with a picnic and a huge jug of lemonade to sip and then grilling a steak for dinner and then maybe some kind of ice cream dessert. Instead I get to shovel snow, celebrate alone since family shouldn't travel in bad weather to visit me and I'll probably have to eat soup instead of steak and probably have hot chocolate. OK, I shouldn't complain but it sounded good anyway.

My two oldest kids are coming home from college for the weekend. They have a little break so daughter is coming home tonight for a couple of days but son has to work so he can't get home until Sat. night. Daughter has to go back on Thurs. for work but will join her brother to come home on Sat. night as well. So I get to see my two older children for a short weekend anyway. My youngest is a senior in high school but she has been off since Friday. I hope graduation won't be postponed from all the snow days they have had so far.

Stay warm and safe everyone!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats