Author Topic: Friday, March 14  (Read 1812 times)

Offline luv2bmom

Friday, March 14
« on: March 14, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
Good afternoon!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Friday, March 14
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:05:43 PM »
It's a very pretty but slightly nippy!  I just ran to Kroger and Big Lots and picked up a few things.

I was out of Big Lots quick b/c it seemed every aisle I walked in someone was coughing & hacking w/o covering their mouth!  That really grosses me out!!!!  I know there are times you have to go to the store when ill but please take tissues if you cough!!  aaaahhh!

I have collected all my supplies to make another batch of soap.  This one is from Mistyprepper youtube video of her neighbor named Marsha.  It has crisco, coconut oil, canola oil, tea tree oil, sweet almond oil, stearic acid, lemon juice, powder goats milk and the lye mixture.  I have cut the recipe in half.  I can't believe how well I enjoy making soap!!

Hope everyone has a good afternoon, waiting for dh to wake up, we are grabbing dinner out.  take care!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
Pixie

I have been wanting to make soap for a long time.  what kind of mold do you use?
I may be asking you more questions if you dont mind? What  has been your  favorite  so far?

Janice

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:28:41 PM »
Janice,

I made 1 batch so far and it was a simple goats milk soap with olive oil.  It's curing now and will be ready March 25th! 

I watched a video on Beckyshomestead.com, go to topics and click on soap and she has a great video on her goat milk soap!  It helped me so much to watch it!

I have 2 8x8 silicone cake molds....the above soap amount filled both of these about 1/2 and I was able to get 8 bars our of each mold.  My dh just bought unfinished pine and is building me a wooden soap mold where the sides and ends can be loosened, I'm really exicted!! 
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline jrejhkids

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 07:27:10 PM »
My husband made me some soap molds.  The sides come out and make it easy to remove the soap.  I use freezer paper to line them.  I also have a lid that goes on top of it.

We did paint them to make them last longer. 

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 09:34:31 AM »
thank you for the picture of your soap mold!!!! 

A question about the lid, do you still cover your soap with towels for the 24 hr period after pouring?  :)
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline jrejhkids

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 11:15:35 AM »
thank you for the picture of your soap mold!!!! 

A question about the lid, do you still cover your soap with towels for the 24 hr period after pouring?  :)

Yes, I still cover it.  I do put some plastic wrap on top, put my lid on, and then wrap them in towels.  I have two soap molds, so I do a 5 pound batch at a time.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
Thanks guys! I am so excited to try some. It would be more fun if you lived close by and you could show me. I am a visual person. HA

Janice