Author Topic: Tuesday, March 18, 2014  (Read 1562 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, March 18, 2014
« on: March 18, 2014, 07:17:20 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, March 18, 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:40:10 AM »
We are busy calving but just takes more time for chores so far everything is going good. We were busy last night getting ready for winter storm today that is only suppose to last a day I hope .   Yesterday I smoked and cooked 39 -3 lbs rolls of summer sausage in between chores.  I need to food saver it today. I also need to take care of about 20 lbs of carrots after chores.  Ds lost his bag that has his basketball uniforms in and so he has to have detention until it is found. I think some kids at school have it just causing problems, ugh. The good thing is is his room is perfectly clean except he didn't wash windows ha but he rearranged it.  So I need to get going I will check in later

Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:11:37 AM »
Good morning!

Beautiful morning here.  We had a chilly weekend but today are supposed to hit 73.  I could live with these temps most of the year, lol.

Nothing too exciting going on here.  It's spring break here for the public schools and our homeschool co-op.  Maddy has been at a Spring Retreat since Friday and we'll pick her up this afternoon.  The retreat itself was Friday through Sunday morning, but she took their work option and worked Sunday afternoon, all day Monday, and this morning to save $40 on the retreat.  Plus they fed them the work days.  I'm proud of her...she babysat and saved the money for her retreat in addition to working to pay for part there at the camp.  She loves this place and they are a great family that I trust.  Homeschooling family with five kids, though 3 are grown now.

I've been very tired the past several weeks and have been slacking on my exercise program.  Not good.   Need to cut out sugar for awhile and I dread that, truthfully.

Dinner is something with ground beef as I have it thawed.  Possibly the lettuce wraps I never made last week.  :P

Janice, you sound busy as always!  We saw several longhorn calves at the Refuge last week...so cute!  What kind do you raise?

Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:29:02 AM »
Good morning,

It is cool and windy here, but I think spring is finally here. I am ready for it.  :) I got my seeds started yesterday. I am excited for the 2014 garden. I am trusting in God to protect it this year. We desperately need the produce from it.
   I made the decision to go ahead and get the chickens. I already have the money put back for feed. I had decided to cancel my order. I prayed on this. It just wouldn't leave my head. So I figured maybe God was trying to tell me something. I decided to listen.  :)
   I made turkey lentil soup yesterday and boiled some eggs, so I don't need to do much cooking for a couple of days. I have some cauliflower that I need to use soon, so I think I will make Curried Chicken and Cauliflower tomorrow or Thursday.
   I have a hen who is trying to set, but I keep taking the eggs away from her. I hope she gives up soon. I remember what a mess I had last year and don't want that again this year. I need to try to get a separate pen made for broody hens. Otherwise the other ladies lay in the nest box and the broody hen steals them daily. What a mess that is!  ::)
   Well, I guess that is about it for me today. You all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »
Catherine

We raise red angus cows and Charolais bulls.  So the calves are a cross kinda white and red .  I keep saying I will take pics but I will go try

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 10:54:36 AM »
Catherine

We raise red angus cows and Charolais bulls.  So the calves are a cross kinda white and red .  I keep saying I will take pics but I will go try

They sound pretty.  Yep, I think cattle are pretty in their own way.  ;)  I'd love to see pics if you get the chance.