Author Topic: Juicing  (Read 1948 times)

Offline fishermanwife

Juicing
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:51:38 PM »
I am thinking about juicing for breakfast and lunch, was wondering if anyone has recipes they have tried or websites they like, Thanks.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Rooney

Re: Juicing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:00:42 PM »
My husband juices ALOT.  What kind of juicer do you have?  I ask because we have a Jack Lalane and it came with a recipe book, most juicers most likely do.  He likes mixing strawberries, apples, carrots and kale (go lighter on the kale for a yummier tasting drink.) He also uses lots of cranberries and blueberries in the mixtures, pretty much just whatever he has.  He just makes sure it is all organic, since you are using so much of it in every drink.   I like juicing too, but don't like the clean-up of the juicer.

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 07:20:39 AM »
I haven't bought a juicer yet but really want to and we have the money now.
I need to loose some weight but I have texture issues and things I eat like chicken, broccoli, apples and bananas are getting old. I enjoy the flavor of other things and could really benefit from their nutrients but I just cant bring myself to eat them.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »
Norma, this is the one we have if you are interested.  Actually we have had 2 of them over the years because it got so much used.  My parents and grandparents both have it too.  My grandmother used hers all the time and lived to be 95. :)

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-670879/jack-lalanne-power-juicer-express.jsp?gclid=CIHVmbm3s70CFenm7AodOhAAzw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 02:43:51 PM »
Wonderful Thanks!

Offline RenKnitter

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 09:37:28 PM »
Well, I guess hubby and I are jumping back into the juicing.  Not full time or anything, but once or twice a day.  Now I need to get a new juicer.  He has gone through 3 of them at work over the years and still has one there.  We need one for home too so I can join in.  The only one I have ever bought is the Jack Lalane powerjuicer.  It is difficult to clean, but does a good job.  If you own a juicer, what kind is it and is how difficult is it to cleanup?  I can already taste those fresh juiced strawberries! :)