Author Topic: Easter Menu  (Read 1293 times)

Offline wrancher

Easter Menu
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
What is everyone serving for Easter this year? Since I am hosting I need to get better organized. I am making a ham of my MILS that is in my freezer, broccoli cheese rice casserole, pies, mashed potates, corn casserole, beans, deviled eggs from the dyed Easter eggs, carrot cake and havent had much time to think about it. My MIL is bringing Rhodes dinner rolls ;D my mom a key lime cake.

Offline bobbie78

Re: Easter Menu
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:42:26 PM »
Being that my dinner is just for 5 of us, my menu will be rather small. I am making homemade chicken n' noodles, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, deviled eggs and rolls.  For dessert we will have vanilla creme pie and chocolate creme pie. Drinks will be sweet tea and whatever they want to bring.  My in laws are getting up there in age and not in the greatest health. So I dont ask them to bring anything other than their choice of beverage. I make sweet tea and have kool aid but sometimes chads dad will bring his diet pop and so will his uncle. Its going to be a relaxing day at home.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Mountain Mama

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 07:44:52 PM »
Kept things really simple this year.  A roasted chicken, quinoa with broccoli and cheese, and a new recipe for deviled eggs.  I made a yummy pineapple cake with cream cheese icing for dessert.  It was really nice not to be in the kitchen for days.  I really need to learn from this for future holiday meals.   

~Blessings~
  Cindy

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 09:46:53 PM »
We grilled tri-tip and chicken and had broccoli salad, potato salad and brussel sprouts. 

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 09:02:27 AM »
We also kept it very simple and had a ham from the freezer, au gratin potatoes, green beans, and Mallory's birthday cake.

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 07:53:10 PM »
We had.Ham, mashed potatoes, Green bean casserole, Fruit salad, Hawaiian rolls, Gravy, Deviled eggs  and dessert
Maleesa