Author Topic: Monday, April 28, 2014  (Read 1911 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, April 28, 2014
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:56:59 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, April 28, 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 08:59:14 AM »
Not necessarily a good morning. Snowing, raining,  etc. Ashley is going to funeral today for a girl in her class who was killed in a single car accident at 14 yrs old.  Such a loss.  So heading out for chores just 1 bunch as Ross will do some of the close ones. 

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »
Morning Ladies!

I'm so sorry to hear about Ashley and her classmate.  How sad!

I don't post much, as I feel like I do the same things every day.  Boring, but I love it ;D!  So, here's my same old-same old post: 

Jean's left for work, I'm doing NSA work and watching Dr. Phil reruns.  I've made the bed, but still need to do some laundry and clean the floors.

Ha!  My life is small, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Dinner tonight is Lloyd's BBQ.

Love to all of you ladies!

Mandy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:25:33 AM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Momtoseven

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »
Mandy,

Please don't think that your life is boring - it is not! It sounds like there is a sameness to it that is very comforting.  The older I get the more I realize that I don't like change and I really prefer  a more ordered, routine way of life.

I love whenever I see a post from you - you and Jean are such a sweet couple and you inspired me to learn to knit and now I have actually mastered a cotton dishcloth  woo hoo!

Please post when you can  - with the newest furry member of your family I am sure we will enjoy hearing about puppy antics.

Ellen

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
Mandy,

Please don't think that your life is boring - it is not! It sounds like there is a sameness to it that is very comforting.  The older I get the more I realize that I don't like change and I really prefer  a more ordered, routine way of life.

I love whenever I see a post from you - you and Jean are such a sweet couple and you inspired me to learn to knit and now I have actually mastered a cotton dishcloth  woo hoo!

Please post when you can  - with the newest furry member of your family I am sure we will enjoy hearing about puppy antics.

Ellen

You are such a sweetheart!  Thank you. What kind words :)  I love my life, especially the 'normal' days.  It's a recent revelation to me that I am very much introverted (I was previously under the common misconception that this meant 'shy', which I am absolutely not!), and I definitely like a certain order to my days.  The new pup is definitely a welcome change, though! He makes it a little tough to get things done, especially computer work, but he has brought so much more joy to the home!

Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 10:43:05 AM »
Good morning,

It has cooled down again, but not too bad. Still in the lower 50s, but at least it isn't freezing.  ;) We had lots of rain and storms yesterday, but thankfully no damage. We have a chance of rain most days this week. It is actually getting dark now. Maybe we will catch up on rain, finally.  ;D

My lilac is blooming. I picked a bouquet a bit ago. Smells heavenly! I started an incubator of eggs last night. I have to turn them 3 times a day. I haven't used the incubator for at least 10 years, so I am hoping it will work right. Seems to be holding the temperature ok. I guess I will see in 3 weeks. I hope to have them hatch out about the time my order from Cackle Hatchery gets here.

I hope the weather straightens up enough for us to get the roof done on the rabbit hutch. I am supposed to get them this weekend.

I have to go do mom's bills and meds tomorrow. I sure hope she is in a decent mood. I also need to make an appointment at the doctor for my 6 month checkup. Not looking forward to that at all. I know my A1c has gone up. I haven't exercised properly for several months and have only been watching what I eat for a few weeks. This year has been so stressful for me. I get about ready to just give up. Then, I put my big girl panties on and keep on trying.  :-[

Mandy, I love the picture of you and your new furbaby.
Janice, so sorry that Ashley lost a friend. That is sad.
Ellen, have a good one.

Well, enough from me today. You all have a great day and stay safe from these storms.

Blessings,
Winona

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:45:31 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 11:33:01 AM »
Mandy, I feel the same way... same ole things but I love it!

Here is my day with a couple not so same things in it today.   ;D 

I have exercised, showered and made breakfast (grain free blueberry pancakes... delightful!) and Brandon has gotten his math done.  Trevor is slow moving in the morning so we will see if he gets his done soon.  Trev has a dentist appointment in just over an hour so I am going to dry my hair and get him there.  This afternoon I plan on finishing my quilt.  Seems like I lost motivation a month or so ago but I have been working on it the past couple days and it is almost done.  I think I need a new project (or 2 or 3) so that when one doesn't trip my trigger, I can work on another.  Trevor has swim team practice this afternoon and the boys have scouts this evening.

Dinner tonight... I am not sure!  Need to get that figured out quickly!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »
Good afternoon!

Nice to see so many on today!

Beautiful day here!  I have had so much fun and gotten a little spoiled getting to hike three times in the past five days, lol.  My dad loves to hike so he really enjoyed our Saturday and Sunday hikes.  He and I have this plan to hike a section of the Appalachian Trail one of these days.  The dilemma is that he doesn't have a good place to train, living in Florida.  They have paths on boardwalks in swampy areas, no hills or mountains.  Whereas I can go out hiking in our rocky nearby mountains.  I'm surprisingly not very sore even after the strenuous climb yesterday, aside from my left hip/thigh area.  Guess my weekly hikes have helped me getting into shape a bit.

My parents had the three younger kids spend the night with them at the hotel last night, then came by this morning to eat breakfast, drop them off, and pick up Mallory.  She is flying back with them for almost 3 weeks and thrilled.  :)

Some of you may remember how sick our elderly dog, Ellie, was a few months back?  Well, we have her on SAMe and milk thistle for liver health (her liver is filled with tumors) and she has seemed quite a bit perkier.  Surprisingly, yesterday, for the first time since that ordeal, she got on the couch!  She certainly shocked me!  :)  She's back up there today

I guess I'm mostly another "same ol' " gal.  ;)  I still like hearing about y'all's days (and pets and cooking and gardening).  This afternoon, I don't have lots planned, but will fold some laundry, sweep the floors, and pick up just a bit.  Earl has class so we'll have an easy supper.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »
I'm in the same camp where I feel like is boring. But really, I wouldn't want it any other way. I work all day long, come home and make dinner and see what I can do but normally there is nothing. We don't have little kid messes anymore but mostly we have kitty toys now to pick up. Meals are boring and no one really wants to eat much. But we did a spring clean on Saturday but with a much smaller house it was a fairly simple task. Nope, not complaining one bit. My big prayer for the month of May is to not have any expenses especially unplanned ones. We had enough unplanned ones in the last few months. Teenagers will come home from college in May and my youngest graduates HS in May so it will be a busy month. Then everyone will be home for the summer and that brings a flurry of activity to the home front after having the entire school year with only one teenager home (which was easy!).

On Saturday afternoon I visited my parents and my mom has been suffering with TGM nerve disorder where she has pain for up to 6 weeks at 24/7 and then she might have 10 days of pain free. She is going on her 3rd or 4th week of facial pain during this episode and when I stopped in for a visit she was sitting in her chair when normally she lays on the couch all day long. We were quietly talking and I heard the door open and my older brother stopped for a visit. A little later the door opened again and another brother stopped by for a visit and my mom was beginning to feel a bit more upbeat. Though she was in pain, she was able to concentrate on something else for a while. I just hate seeing her in this pain and dad is so good to her but it is so hard for him also.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
Same here Mandy.  I don't post on the daily much, because there really isn't much variation in my days.  I figure people would get tired of hearing about my school, laundry, dishes, meals, meal clean-ups and housework pretty quickly.  So I only post when something is different.  Though I do think the neat thing about reading the daily thread is seeing how everyone's same ole same ole is different. ;)  Love reading about everyone's days! :)  I didn't realize how boring my days must seem until I started blogging about them. ;)   

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 04:32:04 AM »
Add me to the boring but like it club!!  😄

Denise