Author Topic: Tuesday, April 29, 2014  (Read 3180 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, April 29, 2014
« on: April 29, 2014, 07:06:30 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, April 29, 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 07:22:32 AM »
Same old here but I like it when people Post the same old same old, it is different than mine and I like that.  After I am in from feeding cows I will check on Ashley's chickens before doing some bookwork . Yesterday I even got Ross to do bookwork as you have to document everything and very time consuming. I had him pickup kids and pay taxes, etc.   I am going to see if they have opening to get my eyes checked today as we have a clinic where the eye doctor comes down on Tuesdays.  I doubt it but will try.  Trying to get bookwork caught up again as it is still rainy/snowy.  Well I am off to go get laundry started before I am out the door.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:31:30 AM »
Morning Janice, and all who follow!

I like hearing about everyone's days as well. Even if it seems boring to them, it's different to the rest of us!  That said, my day today is pretty much exactly the same as yesterday ;D.  Woke up early and got Jean out the door, and I've been doing NSA work since then, interspersed with puppy care.  It's rainy and chilly here today, so I see a lot of couch snuggling in our future.  I need to fold yesterday's laundry and maybe do another load.  I also need to make the bed...maybe.  The floors could use a cleaning, but between pouring rain and a 70-pound puppy, I may just scrap that as well!  You know what?  Maybe I'll just knit and watch Netflix!

I'm on my own for dinner tonight, but I had chili on the menu and that sounds wonderful on this rainy day.

Hope you all have wonderful...if uneventful 8)...days!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:14:02 AM »
Good morning!

Hey, I actually have one new thing to report today!  We are starting a new book study at church over Lysa Teurkerst's (sp?) book Unglued.  Leaving shortly for that.

Other than that, the usual laundry, sweeping, etc... .  But, it's Tuesday so we have soccer at 2:45.  We usually leave a bit early and stop by the library which is on the way.  Dinner tonight is some hot dogs and sausages I bought as a quick meal possibility for this past weekend and didn't use.  Quick meals are helpful after soccer, too, since it's almost 5 before we get home.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »
Hi everyone!

I don't know if anyone will remember me!  I was a sporadic poster on the old boards, and I don't know if I ever posted on this new board.  I'm Merilee, used to be 2kidsmom, then when I registered here, changed it to 4kidsmom because I have 4 kids now!  I live in Utah, have 1 girl and 3 boys (15, 13, 5 and 2).  I've been a 100% SAHM for the last 2.5 years.  Before that, I worked part time as a Deaf Mentor--visiting families who have Deaf children in their homes, teaching them ASL.  I decided to quit a month before #4 was due because my older children were getting busier, and my husband was traveling a little more, and working a little more due to a promotion at work.  I have not missed working at all and am keeping plenty busy here at home.

I've been feeling the need for some accountability lately so I thought posting here in the forums would be a good way to do that! :)

I've read often since the new boards were established and agree with those who have said that it might seem like same old same old but no one's same old same old is the same as anyone else's same old same old, so it keeps things interesting. Did anyone follow that?!? :)  Plus reading about what you're doing motivates me!

I have 6 things I do every day which I call my daily 6: make my bed, tidy my bedroom, tidy my bathroom, clean the kitchen, tidy the living room,  and tidy the family room.  If I only get those 6 things done, the house looks good!

Today I have laundry to do, and ironing.  I'm also going to hem up some pants from my brother.  He wants to come over tonight to pick them up and also get a haircut.  I've also got visiting teaching to do (visiting women from my church congregation) this afternoon.  I will do other little projects that I can fit in here and there.  Mostly sewing, I think.

Dinner--stuffed shells, green salad and garlic bread.

Glad to be with you all and look forward to renewing online friendships and keeping each other motivated!

Merilee

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 09:23:44 AM »
Welcome (back) Merilee!! Good to 'see' you :)

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »
Welcome Merilee!! :)  You sound like quite the busy Mama!! :)  Look forward to reading your posts. :)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »
Hi Merilee!  It's so good to hear from you again.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 11:40:52 AM »
Welcome Back Merilee!

I agree on the sameness of the day to day for me too.  I do appreciate reading about all your sameness!  Sometimes it reminds me of jobs/projects that I need to work on as well.  I also get lots of menu ideas and inspiration.

This past weekend, we had a less than same day on Sunday.  My hubby is in the media, and we were able to go to "Stars on Ice", and meet and spend a few minutes with Charlie White & Meryl Davis.  They were so kind, and really seemed exactly as they do when you see them on tv.  It was quite a treat. 

Uneventful day at home today for me until we head to son's baseball double header.  He is a Senior (and our youngest), so even though the weather has mostly been uncooperative, the Spring seems to be flying by!

I did get some color on my hair this morning to cover roots (and way too much gray).  It turned out darker than I expected, but it is better than what it was!  I usually go a couple shades lighter in the Spring/Summer, but wasn't quite
ready for that yet.  I will lighten next time.  I do my own.  $6 a box rather than the high dollar at the salon. 

It rained all morning, but now seems to be brightening up a little bit.  Hope it holds on for the games.
Thinking of all those in the path of all the terrible storms that have been hitting. 
Hope everyone is staying safe!

Have a great day!   :)
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »
Good afternoon,

I had a busy morning. I went to mom's to do her meds and bills for May. She wasn't too bad, but informed me that I needed to get my hair cut again or I would get too hot this summer.  ::) I didn't even bring up that I am growing it long enough for a pony tail this summer. No point in getting her on a rant. LOL After mom's, I got the oil changed in the car, then filled up with gas. It was starting to rain again by the time I got home. So it is another 'in the house' kind of day.

It rained most of the night and another shower just finished. We need the moisture, so I am not complaining, but why can't it warm up a bit. LOL It is 48* with howling winds.  :(

Our phone is not working correctly. Actually I am not minding this much. I can call out, but no one can call it. I love my mom, but sometimes she calls me 5 times a day. I just need a break and I did see her this morning.  :) I know what the problem is with the phone. We have a connector that gets moisture in it when we get lots of rain. We have had lots of rain for the past week. No point in changing out the connector, though, until the rain lets up.  ;)

Not much to do today, so I might take a nap. Be a good time while the phone can't ring.  :D I need to work some more on Hayley's quilt, but I  have had lots of upper back pain for several days. I am trying to get that healed up before doing more sewing. I have been trying to do exercises to strengthen my up back. Back pain makes you feel pretty miserable.  :'(

Well, I guess that is all that is going on around here. You all have a good day and stay safe in these storms going through.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »
Good morning ladies!!

I am just getting a chance to sit and be on the computer today.  Seems like its been busy, but in reality.. I went back to bed this morning after my DH left and didn't get up until 9:30.   :o

I got on the treadmill for 40 minutes (30 minutes of it was running.. its my cardio day  :D  ) and we have gotten school done (its the end of the year so the schedule it light  ;)  ) and we have all had breakfast which happened to be consumed at close to lunch time.   8)

Its a beautiful day! I get my CSA box today too which is always exciting (I'm a dork like that!).  I can not wait to see what is in it this week!  I have quite a few duck eggs still from last week so I think I will bake something and take it to quilt group tonight.  I love the duck eggs for baking. 

The rest of the day will be;
  • laundry
    deciding on my next quilt project
    walking the puppy
    getting Brandon to jujitsu
    getting Trevor to Jr High youth group at church
    quilt group for me this evening

I guess I better decide on a baking project too... maybe cookies.

Merilee - welcome back!  Loved reading about your family and your day!
Mandy - knitting and Netflix sounds good to me!
Winona - enjoy  the phone not ringing in time  ;)
Cathy - have fun at your new book study

Offline wrancher

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 03:47:06 PM »
It is fun catching up with everyone! I was thinking about Laurie, Shelly, Beth, etc.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 08:36:05 PM »
Good evening, ladies. It's 10:30 pm here and I am just now sitting down to the computer for the first time today. Chad had to take his parents to drs. appts. this afternoon and I stayed back and cleaned the house. I need to tidy the kitchen before bed and finish folding a load of laundry.

I think tomorrow I will hit the grocery stores and do my May shopping and get that out of the way. I believe we will go to Sam's, Aldi and Walmart. I've been working for over a week on a menu plan and grocery list for the month of May. A whole week. Crazy.  I'm just trying to get the best for the amount of money I have to spend.

Pam, I dye my hair by the box too. I just started this within the past year. I have sooo much grays to cover. I used clairol naturals on April 4th and I am already seeing grays popping up everywhere. Can u recommend something a little better? To be honest, I noticed the grays a week after coloring. UGH.

Winona, my phone is working just fine but I've had it off the hook since about 6 pm tonight. I just wanted a stress free evening spent at home with my love and didnt want to hear anyone else's drama. The bad part is that our caller Id pops up on our TV screen and even though I had the phone off the hook--it still shows up on the TV when someone is calling. The phone doesnt ring of course, but it pops up on the TV. Chad was getting kinda cranky cause it was interrupting his shows. I dont have a whole lot of drama in my life and thats the way i like to keep it. But my parents are on the verge of divorcing and even though they have 5 kids...I am the only one they call to complain about each other.  I've asked nicely for them to leave me out of it and it just doesnt happen. My folks have been together for almost 40 years and they're both ready to just give up now. :(  Would appreciate prayers on this, if you happen to think of it.

Its raining steadily out there and sounds relaxing to me. It is quite a shame about those down south with the tornadoes. Please stay safe ladies!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 05:27:10 AM »

Not much to do today, so I might take a nap. Be a good time while the phone can't ring.  :D

Oh, this made me laugh out loud!  Just love you!

M

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 05:29:34 AM »
Good evening, ladies. It's 10:30 pm here and I am just now sitting down to the computer for the first time today. Chad had to take his parents to drs. appts. this afternoon and I stayed back and cleaned the house. I need to tidy the kitchen before bed and finish folding a load of laundry.

I think tomorrow I will hit the grocery stores and do my May shopping and get that out of the way. I believe we will go to Sam's, Aldi and Walmart. I've been working for over a week on a menu plan and grocery list for the month of May. A whole week. Crazy.  I'm just trying to get the best for the amount of money I have to spend.

Pam, I dye my hair by the box too. I just started this within the past year. I have sooo much grays to cover. I used clairol naturals on April 4th and I am already seeing grays popping up everywhere. Can u recommend something a little better? To be honest, I noticed the grays a week after coloring. UGH.

Winona, my phone is working just fine but I've had it off the hook since about 6 pm tonight. I just wanted a stress free evening spent at home with my love and didnt want to hear anyone else's drama. The bad part is that our caller Id pops up on our TV screen and even though I had the phone off the hook--it still shows up on the TV when someone is calling. The phone doesnt ring of course, but it pops up on the TV. Chad was getting kinda cranky cause it was interrupting his shows. I dont have a whole lot of drama in my life and thats the way i like to keep it. But my parents are on the verge of divorcing and even though they have 5 kids...I am the only one they call to complain about each other.  I've asked nicely for them to leave me out of it and it just doesnt happen. My folks have been together for almost 40 years and they're both ready to just give up now. :(  Would appreciate prayers on this, if you happen to think of it.

Its raining steadily out there and sounds relaxing to me. It is quite a shame about those down south with the tornadoes. Please stay safe ladies!

Bobbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your parents, and that they continue to bring you into the middle.  Even if you're grown, that still just not right  >:(.  As for the caller ID on the TV, you should be able to turn that feature off.  I've had that option on a couple of cable/dish boxes and smart TV's, and it's always been changeable, not a standard feature.  Might take some poking around your settings menu, but if it's really irritating, it might be worth it!