Author Topic: Friday, May 2, 2014  (Read 1105 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Friday, May 2, 2014
« on: May 02, 2014, 09:27:45 AM »
Good morning!  It's 9:30 a.m. here in Utah--where is everyone?  :)

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Friday, May 2, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 09:36:33 AM »
I've spent the last 2 hours sorting, putting away, organizing, and purging.  I made some good progress on my clean-up project yesterday.  I got all the toys that were scattered around the family room sorted and put in their proper containers, dealt with all the non-toy stuff, vacuumed the entire room and pulled out the couches and cleaned under them. 

Today I've been focused on emptying all the containers of stuff that's been sitting around the family room.  The tops of my bookshelves are actually clear now!  I have a big pile of cardboard boxes to either use for stuff destined for the Deseret Industries (DI--the LDS Church's version of Goodwill) or to recycle.  I've got 1 and a half bags of clothes ready for donation.  I know I have some other bags of clothes ready in another room that I will gather up. 

I also had another pile of containers in my living room that I have brought downstairs to go through.  Almost done with that.  Then I will work on my boys' room.  I keep toys that are out of the rotation on the top shelves in their closet, and in the process of sorting, I found a lot of toys that need to go in those containers.  So after I finish in the family and living rooms, I will move on to the boys' room.

And after the boys' room is done, if I haven't burned myself out, I'll work on the laundry room.  Most of the stuff in there needs to be donated to the DI or it's outgrown clothes that need to be put in the proper bin.  Then I just have to tidy up that room and I'm done.  Shouldn't be more than 30 minutes.

And after THAT, I'll work on the office.  Again, not too bad--just putting away stuff.

I know it sounds like I'm getting a lot done, and I am, but when the mood to organize strikes, I can keep going for HOURS!  :)  So gotta take advantage of that motivation!

Plus, it means I can take the weekend off!

Have a great day and a great weekend!

Merilee

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 01:03:04 PM »
Hi Merilee, and anyone after,

I've been on and off the computer this morning.  I have a pot of nettle tea brewing to see if it will help with allergies as I've always heard.

Didn't do much this morning, but now I have my sheets in the dryer, just did a mess of dishes, and have swept my bedroom and all living areas.  Need to get some chicken thawing for dinner and do some picking up, then work on my Bible study homework.

Have a great weekend!
Catherine

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »
Good morning!

I am sitting here thinking about running to Kohls and then to the dollar store to get a card for Brandon's friend for his birthday so we can put some money in it. 

I need to make bread today and get Trevor to swim team practice later this afternoon.  Brandon will be at a friends party tonight and I am going to do a little grocery shopping.  Need to get some essentials and some lunch meat and chips.  We are taking a day trip tomorrow so I want to pack a lunch for us and I thing we will stop for dinner on the way home.

Hope everyone has a great day!