Author Topic: Meet Penny, Copper, and Dano!  (Read 2359 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Meet Penny, Copper, and Dano!
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »
I got my rabbits Saturday. I love them already. I am actually thinking about getting another doe, new zealand/california cross. Of course that means Kevin needs to build another cage. I would like to have a cage with 2 holes. I could use one for the buck and the other for a growout pen.  ;)

This is Penny. She is a year old and this is her 3rd litter. Isn't she beautiful. She is so gentle and tame. I just love her.

This is Copper. She is 6 months old and this will be her first litter. She is not as friendly as Penny and so far has caused more trouble than the other too combined.  :-\ I am hoping she settles down.

This is Dano. (Can you tell I am a fan of Hawaii 5-0?) Isn't he handsome?  I have been holding him a lot. He is really tame. Penny raised him, but she did not give birth to him. His mother is a registered New Zealand doe who had 11 kits so Anthony took one of hers and gave it to Penny to raise. Penny only had 8. I really like the fact that Penny was willing to foster a kit. His dad is a registered California buck. He was quite a handsome buck too!

Here is our hutch. I gave it a new coat of paint and Kevin built me a better roof. See the concrete blocks in front of each door? Those are for me. I am too short to reach the back of the cages and I like to pet them. LOL We will add plywood to the sides and back in the winter.

Blessings,
Winona

Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

Re: Meet Penny, Copper, and Dano!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 07:00:39 AM »
Winona, your rabbits are beautiful.  I especially like Penny.  I think I'd spend a lot of time petting and spoiling them if I had them. :) ;)

I knew someone who kept a rabbit indoors and the rabbit used a litter box like a cat.   :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:16:30 AM »
Oh, they're gorgeous, and I LOVE your hutch!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 08:41:19 AM »
Oh, they're all beautiful!  I've never seen a rabbit marked like Penny.  She reminds me of a tortie cat!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »
LOVE!!!!!!!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*