Author Topic: Tuesday, May 6, 2014  (Read 1014 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, May 6, 2014
« on: May 06, 2014, 06:45:34 AM »
Good Morning

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, May 6, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:18:08 AM »
Good morning!  A beautiful day outside!

My family room project is humming right along!  We have this funny ledge/wall that goes along two of the family room walls and goes halfway up the walls.  We've used it as an extra bookshelf in addition to the two bookcases that we've had practically since we got married.  I cleared off all the books from the ledge and the bookshelves and dusted them well.  One bookcase (they are oak) had some marker marks on it, and after some Internet research, I tried using rubbing alcohol to get it off.  It worked pretty well!  The marks were old so it took a bit of elbow grease but they came off.  Then I polished both bookcases with lemon oil.  They look great now.  I had a smaller bookshelf that held the children's books and it had been tucked in a corner, with a table that we use for Legos in front of it, and I felt like the books were not as accessible to Alex and Nathan.  The bookcases (all 3) and a 9-cubby unit were all in a row along one wall, so I arranged things so the oak bookcases were on the ends with the cubby unit and children's bookcase in the middle.  Looks much better and is more accessible to Alex and Nathan.  I put the children's books back, and the ones on "my" bookcase, then left the others for my husband to sort through and organize (those were his books).  I also feather dusted the walls and corners to get rid of the dust and cobwebs.  There's a window on that wall and it had a little valance along the top, which I don't think has been touched since we moved into this house nearly 7 years ago.  That thing was DUSTY!  I took it off and put it in the garage.  I think I will reuse the rod and get or make some panel curtains.  The whole area was rather dusty so I am glad to have that cleaned up.  While the furniture was pulled out I also vacuumed the carpet and along the baseboards.  The whole area looks much better.  I have a nice pile of children's books to donate to our local deaf school, as well as adult books for the DI.

Today I'm going to do the laundry I neglected to do yesterday, give my kitchen a good cleaning (also neglected yesterday), and dust and vacuum the rest of the family room.  It's just the TV area; and the rest of the ledge, which only has a few pictures on it;' and the mantel, which won't be too bad.  I'm also going to do ironing and some sewing.

I had a great C25K workout last night.  I decided to start over since I didn't feel like I had progressed enough to move up to the next level.  Today I want to do some yoga and aerobics to test some new shoes I bought to see if they need to be exchanged for a wide sole.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Tuesday, May 6, 2014
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 09:41:37 AM »
Go Merilee!  Whew!  I am tired just reading all you did.  :)

Good morning, all,

Trying to get some motivation.  It's the "bad day" of AF so I'm feeling lazy and tired.  I already told the powers that be that I will not be at soccer today.  It is supposed to be 100 by that time and I just am not going to force myself to deal with that when I'm not feeling great already.  My voice is still not back to normal so I'm not sure how much schoolwork reading we'll get done.  I am thinking I will have Morgan read her stuff to me, have them do their writing assignments, etc..., but save the reading I do for another day.

On the agenda:  changing the boys' sheets and also switching them from flannel to regular (kinda forgot last time), the usual sweeping, maybe a bit of decluttering, a phone appointment at 1, and I think I will treat myself to a couple hours of fun reading, guilt-free.  I also have a load of laundry in that will need folded in a bit.

Dinner is some simple Asian lettuce wraps, yummy on a hot evening.

Have a great day!
Catherine