Author Topic: Thursday, May 8, 2014  (Read 1300 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, May 8, 2014
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, May 8, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 07:46:13 AM »
Rain, rain and more rain. Yeah we can always use it! Today is do some chores & unload vehicle so we can go help Megan pack up from college and get her stuff moved home.  The younger 2 get out at noon and we will take lane out.  It takes a little more than 3 hours to get there and we will buy some totes to haul stuff.  Tomorrow morning we leave at 5 for appointments and lots of them 9 appointments besides errands.  I want to go to material store for fabric for 2 pillows and I have been wanting to sew a purse.  I still have the unpaper towels cut out and all ready to sew and haven't done it. We still might brand on Saturday depends on if it is too wet. In the back of my mind I think it won't happen but then again I don't want to hurry around to get all the food ready. I am missing a 31 party tonight and I feel bad as it is a welcoming a neighbor thing. I am not a party person though.  I will just have to take time to stop and see her sometime. 

We'll I better get everything ready to go
Have a great day

Janice

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 07:55:05 AM »
Janice ~ goodness you are busy!  Don't feel bad about the 31 party --- you have a lot going on!

Today I am trying to get all the cleaning done - not sure how much I will get to but whatever is something. I also have laundry on my agenda.

I am still decluttering and making progress --- biggest down fall large homes --- bad! bad! bad!

I need to make labels for the Grad invites and figure out which stamps I need so I can know costs.

Tonight for dinner will be pasta will meat sauce, rolls and salad.

I'm off to pinterst and see if I can find a present for my mom -- I may be buying a gift card   ;D ;D ;D bought gift card  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:57:46 AM by Cathie »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 08:29:08 AM »
Good morning!

Running slow this morning as I kept getting up to check on the storms last night.  The worst of it went north and south of us.  Maddy and I spent a little time in the storm shelter last night when I got an "extreme alert" on my phone that scared me.  :P  I had never gotten one of those before and there WAS a tornado in the county, but it was out at the Refuge where we hike, not in town.  You should have seen us trying to get Buck down there.  Didn't work...something to think about for next time.

So far this morning, I have only ordered an e-gift card for my mom.  Meant to get a "real" one but kept forgetting till too late to get it there in time.  I was able to set this up to arrive Sunday so that works. 

Yesterday, we emptied two big bookshelves that we'd had in Maddy's room and moved them to the living room again.  I don't love them there but her room needs some serious decluttering.  I am hoping getting it all cleared out will help motivate her to keep it cleaner.  Does it work that way?  :D 

No hiking for us today.  We probably could have since it's not raining, but with all the granite rock out there things tend to be slippery when wet.  Plus, I'd like to continue decluttering.

Dinner tonight is chicken pot pie.  Our temps are dropping back to only mid-80's today so it's cool enough to run the oven.  :)  Feels good after the 100's.

Catherine

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »
Good afternoon, ladies. Chad and I went to bed last night by 8 pm which is quite a shock for us. We got up early this morning. We had breakfast on the patio then around 830 we began working in the yard. Pulling weeds, some transferring of plants and he mowed. He got half of the yard done. Then we came in and had stir fry for lunch. He's in the shower right now. He's got to leave at 3 for town. While he's gone I will work in the house getting it cleaned a bit. When he returns, he'll finish mowing and I'm going to plant some annuals. We have a HUGE yard. I am not very fond of it myself.  We do plan to get the garden in next week. Chad goes on the 20th of this month to have his gallbladder removed. I have to go the 14 and 15th for some testing to see whats going on with my stomach pain. Hopefully our pain will be gone soon and we can have a wonderful summer. I would love to go camping this summer, too! It's almost 90 here in Ohio today, at least in my part of Ohio. I'm ready for some warmth after that cold winter! Hope you all have a wonderful day! Dinner tonight is mini meatloaves (first meat we've had in a while and its only ground beef! lol) and scalloped potatoes.  Our stir fry for lunch was veggies and rice. Trying to keep our food budget down still! Arent we all lol?!?
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.