Author Topic: Saturday, May 10, 2014  (Read 1508 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, May 10, 2014
« on: May 10, 2014, 08:20:41 AM »
Good Morning!

Offline wrancher

Re: Saturday, May 10, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:30:17 AM »
Survived the 9 appointments yesterday. Glad that is over! Remember how I didnt think we would brand today because of rain? Wrong! I didnt buy any food in the city yesterday either. So I need to run into town for buns and pop. I think I have everything else. I am fixin everything right now along with laundry, dishes and hauling DDs college stuff downstairs.  Thrusday we helped dd at college (snowed on us half way down there) then Friday left at 5 in morning for marathon of appointments and today branding. No problem!! I want to sleep on mothers day! Ha or go fishing. So now I need to unload 10 bags of rock I got yesterday and 2 gravity chairs at menards for $29.  Then run to town and come home finish cooking and cleaning. Menu is roasts in crockpot, hashbrown casserole, baked beans, 7 layer salad, deviled eggs, pickled eggs, snicker salad and pies for dessert so far I only have cherry baked. Check back to see what I acutally serve. HA  Oh better go boil eggs. That all sounds pretty easy I cheated and bought pie crusts ;)

Have a great day

Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 10:04:38 AM »
Whew, Janice!  You DESERVE to sleep on Mother's Day!

Our week is a little bit 'off', but for fun reasons.  We had friends staying with us Thursday night, so it was four adults, three dogs, and a baby for grilled chicken/shrimp tacos and margaritas on the deck.  Yesterday morning we had an early - but lazy - morning with coffee and breakfast on the deck.  The rest of the day was just Jean and I hanging out at home, catching up on DVR, and then running a couple of errands (including Sweet Frog for frozen yogurt!).  This was the first day he's been off and home and didn't have anything we MUST do in a long time.  It was wonderful ;D.

Today Jean head back into the city to finish the cleanup at his most recent job and to do something with the water line on the fridge that was just installed.  After cleaning up from breakfast and playing outside with Grimm a bit, I got about an hour and a half of NSA work done, so it's very much like we just switched yesterday with a weekend day and vice-versa!  Still today I need to wash the sheets (ours and the guest sheets) and re-make the bed, clean the guest bath and go over ours.  I think we might get a few pop-up thunderstorms later on, but we'll see.

Dinner tonight is chicken pad see ew (my favorite!), but made with Ramen instead of the hard-to-find wide rice noodles.

Have a wonderful Saturday, all!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 11:51:34 AM »
Good morning!

Its sunny but breezy here today.  I hope the wind dies down for our hike tomorrow.  I am sure looking forward to hiking with my family. 

Trevor had swim team practice this morning and they have a scout event this evening.  Until then they are doing some chores and relaxing.  I am doing laundry and making my list for the day.

Today's list;
  • laundry
    finish a book review for my blog
    run to the store for a few things
    kitchen clean up
    find a quick and easy pattern for a wheelchair lap quilt  to make for my Grandpa
    watch the Reds game  :D
Dinner tonight is chicken.. not sure how I am cooking it yet, LOL.

Have a great day ladies!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »
Good afternoon!

Just sitting down to eat lunch and chill after getting a few things done.  Having Eggroll in a Bowl but made with broccoli slaw instead of cabbage (Erica, I think you gave me that idea?).  Yummy!

Did a little weeding/watering in the garden beds earlier.  5 of my 7 raspberry bushes have some growth and the two elderberry plants are flourishing.  Other than that, I put my bedspread in to soak and wash and have done some general pickup and made breakfast.  Still need to do some more pickup and finding spots for a few things after reorganizing some bookshelves this week.

The plan for tomorrow is church followed by a polo match on post.  We did this last Mother's Day and had a blast.

Dinner tonight is spaghetti.  Maddy baked a yellow scratch cake with homemade buttercream and is planning to decorate it.  Not sure if it's for Mother's Day or just because but that's one of my favorite cakes.   :)

Have a great day and a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow, whether you are mom to 2 legged kids or 4 legged ones or both.

Catherine

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »
So easy made with broccoli slaw too!  Love it!