Author Topic: Friday, May 16, 2014  (Read 1719 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, May 16, 2014
« on: May 16, 2014, 08:29:25 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, May 16, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 08:57:17 AM »
I am home alone at least temporarily. Most of my family is at my bils branding and Ashley is at track meet.  I will go to meet about 11. So I am doing laundry dishes and refinding my house.  So hopefully I can get through most of this.  I am fixin to do graduation cards and presents to get them delivered.  It rained here this morning so no mowing and also I need Ross to fix lawn mower .  Tomorrow I think we will move cows. 

Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 09:53:55 AM »
I am home alone at least temporarily. Most of my family is at my bils branding and Ashley is at track meet.  I will go to meet about 11. So I am doing laundry dishes and refinding my house.  So hopefully I can get through most of this.  I am fixin to do graduation cards and presents to get them delivered.  It rained here this morning so no mowing and also I need Ross to fix lawn mower .  Tomorrow I think we will move cows. 

Janice

Home alone?  Go Janice.  :P  Seriously, though, you sound like me.  I have been home alone most Wednesday nights while the kids have church classes and I end up mopping then 'cause no one is home to walk on the floors.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:54:40 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »
Good morning!

Getting ready to start (late) on schoolwork with the kids.  I have been sleeping too late, including this morning, then I start the morning feeling behind.  However, I have laundry in the washer and dryer, cooked breakfast, did some paperwork for the Frontier order (calculating shipping for each person), and "balanced the checkbook" (not exactly since we don't really do that anymore, but caught up my ledger book and marked off what has cleared and reconciled my balance with what is out).

Tomorrow, we leave early to go get Mallory from Dallas.  My parents are flying into Dallas with her so we'll pick her (and them) up.  We are postponing buying a Costco membership since there is still no word on when the OKC one is opening, but we will take cash and they'll let us go in with them to purchase some items, namely dog food and probably some grocery items.  Then we'll probably get lunch, return them to the airport mid-afternoon, and head home again.

Dinner tonight is some form of chicken, baked sweet potatoes, and sauteed local asparagus.  Mmm.

Have a great day and weekend!
Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
Good afternoon,
   My morning was busy. I went to Savannah to run errands. (Big Sigh) I could not get my check book to balance, so went to the bank and had Michael go through everything with me. He was able to find my mistakes. He was very patient with me and gave me a new ledger to start over.  :) I am good to go now and have promised myself, I will check the statements as soon as they come in each month!  8)
   I also picked up a sack of chick starter. I think I am hearing noises in the incubator. Kevin thinks I am imagining it. LOL We shall see. They are due to hatch this Sunday. My chicks from Cackle are supposed to be shipped on Monday. Now I am ready.
   I went by the garden center and picked up some more turnip and radish seed for Kevin. They had a beautiful Boston Terrier and beagle in there. I didn't want to leave. I miss our beagle. I played with them for quite a while. LOL
   Then I stopped by Apple Mart and picked up a few groceries. I got some stuff to grill tomorrow.
   While I was running errands, Kevin got most of the yard mowed. I brought more gas home so hopefully he can finish tomorrow. It got so cold last night. I was concerned about my tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant. I asked God to protect them and He did. It got down to 35*, but everything still looks good. It is supposed to get down into the upper 30s tonight, then finally warm up. It has been a very cold May. I am ready for some heat and I know my garden is.  ;)
   I picked some lettuce and spinach out of the garden today. Also pulled some radishes and a green onion. I will have an awesome salad tonight.  ;)

Everyone have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies. Today has been a busy day. I've got supper on the stove (potato soup with dumplins). Its chilly today. Not even out of the 50s here. My in laws are coming over to play cards tonight. So I am getting supper out of the way. I also need to make an eclair cake for my sister. She will pick it up tomorrow. Shes giving it to a friend for graduating high school. She does not know her way around the kitchen so I offered to make it for her, being the nice sister I am ;)  I'm still working on a mountain of laundry. I do not understand how 2 people have this much laundry. I didnt do laundry yesterday so maybe that explains it.
I posted Wednesday about having to go see my doctor about my diabetic problems. She put me on 2 types of insulin. Novolog and Levimir. I started them yesterday.  So far, so good. I really didnt want to resort to this, and am/was working hard to try to avoid it. But she said it will help me so much more and be a lot better than kidney dialysis in the future had my sugar readings continued to skyrocket. So I'm praying for the best! I also had my test yesterday to see if I have infection in my small intestine. That test was easy peasy. All I had to do was drink something, then blow air into a tube every 20 mins for an hour. I still have not heard the results yet. Chad goes Tuesday at 11:55 am to have his gallbladder removed. Would appreciate prayers if any of you think of it!
Well I need to get that eclair cake made and something snacky made for our card game tonight.  You all have a wonderful evening and weekend!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.