Author Topic: Monday, May 19, 2014  (Read 1520 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Monday, May 19, 2014
« on: May 19, 2014, 06:07:52 AM »
Good morning!

I can't believe how quickly May is passing. It's going to be a nice, sunny day. Not too much on my agenda today--tidy the kitchen, laundry, and declutter a kitchen drawer.

Dinner tonight is chicken & noodles. Have a wonderful day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Monday, May 19, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:31:06 AM »
Morning, Jennie!  How good to hear from you :)

I have a few things on the agenda today, but nothing major.  One of the things on my New Year's Resolution list was to clean out/purge/organize the under-sink cabinets in both bathrooms, as well as the linen closet in the hall bath.  This task had a deadline of the end of May, since we have visitors coming for 4 days/3 nights, and, well, they will be here next week, so I'd best get to it! I already did the vanity in the hall bath when we replaced it with a new one last month, but the one in our master bath is a mess and the hall bath closet is just...well...I don't want to talk about it ;D :o.

Also today I need to break down the Pack & Play so Jean can deliver it to our friends' first hotel near the airport on his way to work tomorrow (they are borrowing it for the duration of their trip), make sure that their bedding/sheets are clean and in order, vacuum the floors, finalize the menu/shopping list, make our bed, and maybe run one load of laundry.  I would also like to de-clutter our kitchen and fireplace mantle.  Jean took a picture of Grimm standing next to me in the kitchen yesterday, just to show how much Grimm is growing, and it's amazing how different things look in photographs; it seems like there is so much STUFF everywhere.  Not to mention, we installed new pendant lights, but haven't yet removed the old fluorescent light yet ???.  Time to pull it all off the counters and purge/put away, then get Jean to get that fixture down!

Dinner tonight is up in the air!  Jean has a gig at Nationals Stadium, so I had just planned grazing/leftovers for me, but it turns out it's an early gig (before the baseball game, not after), so I should probably make something!

Have a wonderful day, ladies!
Mandy :)

Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 06:39:27 AM »
An early start today for DH, so I got up shortly after he left...good thing because the battery in the smoke detector decided to start chirping.  Got it off the wall but ca't pry it open, so set it in the garage.
General cleaning, laundry to do.
DH bought a porch swing at Lowe's yesterday so that was our project for the weekend.
Saturday we shopped for our new granddaughter coming in Sept....such fun because Carter's runs such great sales.
Malyna came over Sat and she and I went swimming,  she was so afraid she had forgot how.  Lol I told her it is like riding a bike...She was fine, diving and sitting on the bottom.
Weeding to do out back.
Dinner Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, green beans.
Wishing you all a blessed day.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 06:51:19 AM »
Good morning

Last week of school. Yeah I am more excited than the kids!  Today Ross and Megan head branding at neighbors . I will grind hay when the processor guy comes I just have to bring him the bales and he grinds them.  Then at 2:30 the bookkeeping guy comes till 310 when I pickup kids from school.  I have been doing some yard work mainly pulling weeds and just picking things up. I so want a yard we can be proud of.  It just looks tacky and it is not like we haven't been trying.  My goal this year is to get a yard and we are planting a garden this year.  I will help neighbor plant hers and she will help me with mine.  I need to make a list for the city as I go Wednesday and I need quite a bit.  I need yo get in shower and get kids out the dorr.

Have a good day
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 06:58:48 AM »
Good morning!

Today Emily has some school work to finish, then we take a break.  Can't wait!  I have the never-ending laundry to do, then I'm working on cleaning out the spare bedroom.  It's where we tend to put things we don't want to deal with immediately and now it's got to be decluttered.  I want it cleaned out for good. ;)

As soon as the sun dries out my garden, I'll be out there weeding.  I'm glad for the rain but it sure made the weeds pop up!

Mandy - I love your yellow kitchen!  Mine is almost the same color.  I also love the way you keep your aprons out.  I have mine put in a drawer but I'd rather have them within easy reach like yours. :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 07:23:30 AM »
Good morning!

Having some coffee and low-carb coffee cake before I get moving on the day.  It looks beautiful out this morning but will be 92 later and 97 tomorrow.  Looks can be deceiving!  Guess we might get out and water the garden plants this morning.

Earl is off class this week as he finished last semester last week and the new one doesn't start till next week.  I'm sure he will enjoy the break.  Mallory got home Saturday.  Well, we went to Dallas to meet my parents' flight and pick her up.  Did our grocery shopping in Dallas which was fun.  Sure wish we had Costco here.  I calculated savings on just the items we bought there and we saved $63 Saturday as compared with buying the same or comparable items here where we live (on pet food and people food).  One thing that I find just stupid is that organic milk here is only sold by the half gallon.  In the bigger cities (at least Dallas and OKC), they sell it by the gallon which is automatically cheaper than even the commissary's price on half gallons.  Crazy!

Today is schoolwork and some housework.  Dinner is roast chicken, asparagus, yellow squash, and probably some mashed potatoes for the kids' carb.  I'm roasting two chickens so I can use the second in potpie for Wednesday.  A friend is having surgery today and I'll take potpie over there Wednesday, so leftover chicken from one chicken would not cut it, amount-wise.

This is the next-to-the-last week of soccer, yay!  Cannot wait until it is over.

Happy Monday!
Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 07:44:03 AM »
Good morning!

I know a lot of people don't like Mondays but I love them because I'm refreshed after the weekend (and especially Sunday) and there's a whole new week of possibilities!

Yesterday was an exciting day.  I was asked to serve in the women's organization (called Relief Society) of my church congregation.  For the past 4+ years I have been serving in the Young Women's (girls age 12-18) organization.  A new YW leader hasn't been called yet so I will be doing both for a few weeks.  I will miss working with the girls but am excited for the new opportunities and challenges in the Relief Society.

Today is laundry day.  That is the majority of my work today.  I like to get it all done and get it over with in one day so that requires really staying on top of it.  That will also automatically clean out the laundry room. :)  I have a lot of other little projects to do to fill the time while I wait for the machines to do their work.

A project I started on Saturday was to go through all the little bins and places I've put papers that need to be filed, and stuff that I want to put in my children's scrapbooks.  I cleared out 5 bins (the dishwashing bin size).  I have one more box to go through.  Also I have a stack of paper sorters that I use to keep my scrapbook paper on and those have other scrapbook type items in them too.  I'll get those cleared out and sorted and then I will be able to take pictures of the children's art stuff and throw those papers away (they are way too big to fit in the scrapbooks anyway).  The room we use as an office already looks so much better without all those bins full of papers that need to be filed/sorted/thrown away.  And yes, I did throw away a lot of stuff.  Well, recycle, really.  I also need to check the refrigerator, the top of the microwave and my bedroom for any more of the scrapbook stuff.  Then have my two older children check their bedrooms.  Then finally I will be ready to actually get all this stuff in scrapbooks.  I've decided I will start with Nathan's scrapbook as he has the least stuff and work my way up to Christie.  I'd love to get all caught up by the end of the summer but I'll settle for making some good progress.

Hope you all have a great day.

Merilee

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 07:49:12 AM »
Merilee - I love scrapbooking!  Sadly I haven't done any in a while.  I go through phases where I won't scrapbook for months, then I'll spend a long weekend doing nothing but...  So fun!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 08:33:54 AM »
Mandy, love your picture! And, I, too love seeing your aprons out. My friends think I'm crazy cause I still use aprons. Glad to see they are just the ones who arent normal :)

Not much going on around here today. Finally got all of our laundry caught up. So just relaxing today. You all have a wonderful day and week ahead!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.