Author Topic: My Lilacs Are Blooming  (Read 1609 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
My Lilacs Are Blooming
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »
I went out yesterday and took pictures. They are so pretty and smell heavenly. I just had to pick a bouquet.  ;)

This is one of our apple trees. I have never seen so many blooms on it before. Now I am not great at pruning. This tree should have been majorly pruned mid-winter, but I never got it done. It desperately needs pruning next winter.  :-[

As you can see, I don't have a lot to do today, so piddling on the computer is my activity.  ;)

Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:56:54 PM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: My Lilacs Are Blooming
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 06:37:37 PM »
Mmmm...lucky you!  Mallory and Maddy had sisters over to spend the night a couple weeks ago.  When I dropped them off, the mom had me take home some sprigs.  They have a whole hedge on two sides of their yard made up of lilac bushes and they were in full bloom.  So beautiful and wonderful smelling!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:54:30 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »
Lovely! Lilacs are one of my favorite scents. Thanks for sharing the pretty pictures.

Blessings,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:03:38 PM »
I would love to have that apple tree, pruned or not!! :)  Do all of those blooms mean lots of apples this summer? If so, better get that canner ready cause it looks like you could be canning lots of applesauce this summer. ;)  Ooooh and think of all the apple pies! :)

Offline trlmom3

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 10:37:08 AM »
Beautiful, I hope mine don't get hit by frost this year. Our trees are just starting to get buds.

Laura
Laura
From Northern Michigan
Married to Rick
Mom to Nathan(Kayla), Tanya(Scott),Adam(Nicole)
Gramma to Aiden , Gabby, Isaac  and Sophia Rose born Mar 30 2015
2 dogs

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »
Everything you grow is just looking LOVELY!! Makes me jealous. So Sunday afternoon the girls and I walked over to my MILS bushes she planted years ago. We envisioned picking big beautiful vases full. Everything this year is green and beautiful from the snow and rains. Well the bushes didnt survive our october storms. The bushes are flattened to the ground and not much coming back. It looks as if we need to just take a chainsaw and trim it all down. It usually comes back years later.

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »
I love lilacs!  My paternal grandmother had a whole hedge of them at her home.  I lived there for 2  years and looked forward to them.  When we re-landscape our yard, I'm planting a lilac bush!

Merilee