Author Topic: A rescue  (Read 3053 times)

Offline luv2bmom

A rescue
« on: July 02, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
Dh and I have an opportunity to rescue a Chesapeake Bay Retriever.  A long story short a friend of ours was at her vets office this morning when a woman brought the dog she just rescued.  She is fully vetting and spaying her.  She just wants to find a great home for her.   The dog was abandoned over a year ago and living in an abandoned house.  She recently was told of her running the roads so she went and searched for her and has been feeding her every day for the past 2 months.  She was able to get her today.  She is very scared, thin, but sweet.  We are meeting the dog on Sunday.  Wish us luck!!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: A rescue
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:29:25 PM »
Hi Pixie! I'm glad to see your post; I was just thinking of you today!

Congratulations on your new dog. I'm so glad you're able to take this dog and give her a loving home. Keep us posted!

I just googled the breed--what a cute dog! They look like they wouldn't shed much.

Blessings,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:09:33 AM »
Thanks Jennie!

The woman who has her now just picked her up from the vets, she's doing very well.  They think she is 2-3 yrs old.  She fully vetted her and is heartworm negative!  I'm a little concerned about housebreaking since she has been on her own for a year....we will meet her on Sunday and find more out....Dh is worried she may be more than we can handle....we will see!!!!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:20:25 PM »
I hope the meeting goes well tomorrow, Pixie!  :)
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 10:37:45 AM »
How wonderful!  I hope everything goes well.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 09:43:13 AM »
Oh, how exciting!  Any updates?

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 01:51:26 PM »
Well, Coby and I had a long discussion if we were really ready to adopt her, he admitted he may not be.  So regretfully I told her we needed to be in agreement bringing another dog in our home.  We also made the decision not to get any other dog until Daisy isn't with us anymore.....

She was very understanding and thanked us for letting her know.....It was a very spur of the moment decision when we called about her....we realized we should have thought it out a little more!! 
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus