Author Topic: Thursday, July 3  (Read 1522 times)

Offline luv2bmom

Thursday, July 3
« on: July 03, 2014, 06:24:30 AM »
Good morning!!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Thursday, July 3
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:39 AM »
I hope everyone is doing well! 

We are having a cookout/bonfire here tomorrow night and i'm rushing getting the house in order and will go to the grocery later.  It's payday so I have a few errands too.  Dh and I visited Pigeon Forge last month and on our way back home he stopped and bought fireworks...not my favorite thing as their so loud and scares the dog.  He at least bought the pretty ones that make lovely explosions in the sky and drift down! 

Our garden is doing great, with the rain/sun/heat of the summer it's growing so nice!  We have wild black raspberries on too, I plan on making jam soon.

Hope everyone has a nice day, it looks like rain here.  Take care, Pixie
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 06:34:54 AM »
Good morning, Pixie & everyone!

Today I'm heading out to the store to get a few things I'm low on.  I have no plans to do anything else.  Yesterday I picked everything that was ready in the garden.  I blanched and froze squash, chopped tomatoes to freeze until I have enough to make spaghetti sauce, made refrigerator pickles with the cucumbers, and flash froze bell pepper strips to use in stir-fry recipes.

When I get home today, I may just take it easy and read.  Seems like in the summer I never have time to read until late at night and then I wind up falling asleep before I finish a couple of pages. ::)

I hope everyone has a great day and a great July 4th weekend.   :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 08:19:54 AM »
Good morning everyone,

I too am doing the mad dash to get everything done so we can go camping.  We will be around just need things finished.  We need to finish cutting oats field as it will take a few days to cure.  We should finish up baling and raking what we have down so far.  I need to get more food ready for camping.  Making this spaghetti salad like a friend made with pickled okra, artichokes, bacon, cheese, Italian dressing, etc.

Coffee on the run today...
Janice

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 09:06:14 AM »
Hello Pixie, Cheryl, Janice, and all who follow!

The sun is shining--it sure was cool this morning. It was 59* when I checked the thermometer. Certainly very pleasant for this point in the summer. July is going by so quickly.

Today I'm finish a couple of loads of laundry, tidying the house, and grocery shopping. We had the lawnmower repaired, so we'll need to pick that up as well. I have a small plastic shelf that holds boxes of pasta, granola bars, that type of thing--nothing too heavy since it's plastic. I'm trying to find another spot for it. Where it's at makes it a tight squeeze by the washer. So I'll be working on relocating that shelf today.

Dinner tonight is taco salad (I think).

Have a fun, safe 4th of July!
Jennie
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:07:43 AM by gaggleofseven »
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 09:14:49 AM »
Good morning,
I miss posting here. I actually forgot all about it. A little catch up about what is going on here. My husband started a new job ( This is his 4th week into it) and he is loving it. He went from working days to working nights now. WOW what a adjustment for sleeping for us. We are all thrown off. I am a night owl now. I am getting a lot done at night around the house. I am getting so organized I scare myself LOL. This might sound weird but at first I was nervous about being alone at night. That took about 2 nights and I was fine with it. I have the 2 boys and Dakota is now 18 ( will be 19th 13th of this month) and Ryan and he is 14. But I guess I still look at them as boys and not men even though both of them are taller than me lol. I better get going and start getting more prep for dinner done. Hubby gets a 3 day weekend and tonight is shut down night at the factory ( Hillshire used to be called Sara Lee. Yup they still make the pies, quiche and all that good stuff but Hillshire came in and bought them out and made them busier so that is how my husband finally got in after 3 years of trying.) He got in a good position also. He is in sanitation. You are suppose to start at the bottom on the line but with his qualifications he got to start at the best paying job in the shop. I am so proud of him. 6 years ago when the economy crashed we were on unemployment for 3 years and though we were going to lose everything. With the in laws help thank goodness we did not. Then he went to work at a factory and that pay was about half of what he is making now. He gets tons of over time now also. He never complained and held his head up and kept saying one day things will turn around. I would cry a lot feeling bad for him and just do the best I could with what we had. All I could do? We made it. It makes me cry typing this out and so proud of him and the huge struggles we went through to get back to where he deserves to be. He is such a hard worker. I am a very proud wife and blessed to have every thing we do have. God is good! Ok after babbling on now you all are up to speed with what is going on here.

Dinner is beef roast, Steamed carrots and either cheesy hash brown potatoes or boiled small yellow potatoes?

Hope you all are having a great day.

Maleesa
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:18:14 AM by mom of 2 boys »
Maleesa

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »
Hi Maleesa! Great to see your post and catch up on all the blessings in your life! Wonderful news!

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
Hi Maleesa!!

Yay!  wonderful news and you should be very proud of what your family has accomplished together!  Very happy for you!

Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »
Maleesa, nice to see you posting on the daily! So happy to see things are going great for your family. I must say it is nice to actually see a wife who appreciates the good things her husband does and to see you boast about him! That is soooo awesome! Not all women of course, but some of my friends just dont appreciate the good men in their life and it is just a breath of fresh air to see you talk so highly of your hubby! Glad things are looking up for you guys! God is good!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.