Author Topic: July Menus  (Read 1600 times)

Offline mom of 2 boys

July Menus
« on: July 03, 2014, 08:39:51 AM »
Mon-

Lunch meat Sandwiches, chips, Grapes and cottage cheese ( had Monday)

Tues-

Hamburger hash, fruit and green beans ( Tuesday hubby switched it to grilled herb & garlic pork chops, Roasted garlic mashed potatoes and I forget what else? It was good).

Wed-

Spaghetti with burger and sausage meat sauce, garlic toast, Steamed Peas ( Had Wednesday)

Thur-

Beef Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, pearl onions, French bread ( Having tonight Thursday)

Fri-

Hot dogs, Potato salad, Dill spears, Black olives, Cottage cheese

Sat-

Pick that day not sure?

Sun-**** Our 4th of July Meal*****

Smoked ribs, Twice baked potatoes ( I bring) , Fruit salad, Deviled eggs ( I bring) and corn on the cob.

With my budget I got lazy keeping track with my husband starting his new job and doing all the gardening things. I am going to make sure I post every weeks Menu. One of my small goals I am doing :) .
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:45:43 AM by mom of 2 boys »
Maleesa

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: July Menus
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:33:27 AM »
Hi Maleesa,

Thanks for posting your menus.  They always give me inspiration. I think I'm going to have to use a menu rotation. I don't have a lot of time to be very creative at this point, so having 14 or so recipes to fall back on would be very helpful.

Right now I'm thinking of:
hamburgers
spaghetti
pizza (either bought or homemade)
breakfast for dinner
hot dogs
beef & rice
chicken & noodles
sandwiches

I will expand this and add six or seven more. As it turns to fall, I'll add in more crockpot recipes. I like my Fix It & Forget It cookbook a lot and get a lot of good recipes from there.

Blessings,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:15:14 AM »
I really need to do this better!  Since it's just Coby & I now we tend to say, "lets just go grab something out" ...i'm not gonna lie it's been enjoyable!!  But we have made the decision he will retire in 10 yrs at 62.  So what I do now to say extra money will be helpful in the long run! 

Having a menu plan is my goal too!!!  thanks ladies!!!

Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 10:52:29 AM »
This is what I have came up with so far. Some of these meals will be repeated as well.
homemade pizza
egg hash, buttered toast
hotdogs with homemade sauce,  waffle tots ( tater tots put on my waffle iron and cooked into one big tot)
cheeseburgers
mini meatloaves, mashed potatoes, veg
french toast, sausage
pancakes, sausage (sometimes regular pancakes, sometimes oven pancakes)
baked spaghetti, garlic bread
grilled cheese, salad and soup
tots covered with taco meat, lettuce, sour cream and salsa
fried bologna with chips
crock pot breakfast casserole
chicken pot pie, mac and cheese
macaroni with hamb and tomato juice, buttered bread
tuna salad, fruit salad and cottage cheese
deluxe baked beans with hamb and sausage added in, grilled hotdogs, macaroni salad
4th of july get together at parents: i am taking lasagna, pasta salad and a corn recipe using corn cut off cobs, fried in butter with bell pepper and onions, then i add a can or two of tomato sauce and about 1/4 c. of sugar and i let it simmer. my grandma made it for me when i was growing up. this is going to be a carry in so everyones bringing something different.

This is about the extent of our dinners for the month. Its just Chad and I so we do eat a lot of breakfast for dinner. Like you ladies, we are trying our best to cut back on the budget. Happy eating, folks!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 11:03:57 AM »
Pixie, I know what you mean about it being easier to just go grab a bite. No cooking or cleanup. But I've been trying so hard to cut that down to once a week.  Especially when its too hot to be in the kitchen it is so tempting to just go to town and go out. I have to remind myself that its expensive and I can get off my lazy butt and make something to save ourselves a few dollars.  We live out in the country and we are about 15 mins from town. Our only vehicle is a big truck with a big engine and its a gas hog! So we need to save more, spend less!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 11:43:13 PM »
Hi Maleesa,

Thanks for posting your menus.  They always give me inspiration. I think I'm going to have to use a menu rotation. I don't have a lot of time to be very creative at this point, so having 14 or so recipes to fall back on would be very helpful.

Right now I'm thinking of:
hamburgers
spaghetti
pizza (either bought or homemade)
breakfast for dinner
hot dogs
beef & rice
chicken & noodles
sandwiches

I will expand this and add six or seven more. As it turns to fall, I'll add in more crockpot recipes. I like my Fix It & Forget It cookbook a lot and get a lot of good recipes from there.

Blessings,
Jennie

Jennie,
I really like to see other peoples menu also. Gives me ideas and get me going to keep making my menus :)
Maleesa

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 11:50:28 PM »
I know it is the end of the week. I did have a menu but forgot to post it. Here it is. Might give someone an idea  :)

7th-13th-

Monday-
Sandwiches and salads from the walmart deli ( grocery shopping day)

Tuesday-
Grilled Jumbo hot dogs, Fries, Strawberries.

Wednesday-
Grilled Garlic and Herb Chicken breasts, Mashed potatoes, Steamed broccoli and strawberries

Thursday-
Beef stew and French bread with real butter Mmm

Friday-
Hot & ready pizza for the guys and Qdoba salad for me.

Saturday-
Roast beef sandwiches with chips and strawberries

Sunday-
Bagger Dave's for my oldest son's Birthday dinner and DQ ice cream cake.
Maleesa

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:53 AM »
I've been planning about a week or so ahead, but have forgotten to post.  Here is what's on my July menu so far (including some that have passed already):

M 7- Chicken Chili
T 8- Skillet Lasagna
W 9- Black Bean Tacos
R 10- Turkey Burgers
F 11- Buffalo Chicken
S 12- Salad w/ Chicken Strips
S 13- Grilled Pizza

M 14- Butter Chicken
T 15- Roast Beef Cheesesteaks
W 16- Cube Steak

...and that's it so far  ;).

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 10:33:56 PM »
Monday

we had grilled chicken breasts, hash brown patty's, sliced green peppers, sliced cucumbers and baby carrots

Tuesday

Spaghetti with sausage and burger meat sauce, Garlic toast and Cut up fresh pears

Wednesday

Nachos

Thursday

Grilled pork steak, Garlic roasted mashed potatoes and canned pears

Friday

Pizza's and salad

Saturday

Grilled burgers, Potato skins, dill spears

Sunday

Pick that day.
Maleesa

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 07:19:43 AM »
I've gotten this week and next week completed, so here goes:

M (7/21)- Tacos
T- Spaghetti & Meatballs
W- Fish & Chips
R- Roast Beef Cheesesteaks
F- Popcorn Chicken
S- Cookout w/ family (hamburgers & hot dogs?)
S- Boston Butt

M (7/28)- Lasagna
T- Cube Steak
W- Curry Chicken
R- Enchiladas
F- Date Night! (Thai food & movie)
S- Pizza
S- Turkey Burgers

It makes me hungry just writing this out!

M :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥