The Craft Room > Crafts and Sewing

Quilting Computer Programs

(1/1)

gaggleofseven:
I'd like to be able to work with quilt blocks, color combinations, block placement, borders, sashing, etc.

Winona, I think you have a computer program that does this? I'm thinking Leah does, too.

Can you give me some recommendations for programs that work on a Windows computer?

Thanks!
Jennie

Leahsgarden:
It's EQ7, Electric Quilt version 7. Mine is actually EQ5. If you're willing to actually study the booklet, you'll do well. I only studied it enough to learn how to place blocks and color them. :)

It is a little expensive, I paid $85 for EQ5, but I can only find it for $150 now. EQ7 is $190, and EQ6 is $130. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MKMVRI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000MKMVRI&linkCode=as2&tag=themoundrea-20&linkId=BF4FDDDTMDED5INH

gaggleofseven:
Thank you, Leah. I will look at this program.

Jennie

MoWin:
Jennie,
   I originally bought EQ6 and paid $150 for it. Hubby bought it for me as a combo Mother's Day/anniversary gift several years ago. Then when EQ7 came out, I upgraded to it. I think it was another $75 or $80. So these are not cheap, but they do so much. I need to study mine a bit more, but I love this program. I probably will not ever upgrade again, because the EQ7 does everything I need.  ;) I don't even touch what all this program can do. LOL Some day, I will sit down with the book and be amazed with it all over again. LOL Like I said it is expensive, but a wonderful program. They use to only give you 4 activations for this program, but now you have unlimited activations. Heck, I have already used 3 of them. It is only right after paying that much that you can add the program to new computers. I think you are allowed to have at least 2 activated at the same time, for people who have a desktop and a laptop. If you go with this program, just take your time and read the book thoroughly (Something I have yet to do, but I can give you that advice, right? LOL). They also have lots of videos in the program to help you. Good luck.
Blessings,
Winona

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version