Author Topic: Quilting Computer Programs  (Read 2812 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Quilting Computer Programs
« on: July 05, 2014, 08:15:26 PM »
I'd like to be able to work with quilt blocks, color combinations, block placement, borders, sashing, etc.

Winona, I think you have a computer program that does this? I'm thinking Leah does, too.

Can you give me some recommendations for programs that work on a Windows computer?

Thanks!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
Re: Quilting Computer Programs
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:30:02 AM »
It's EQ7, Electric Quilt version 7. Mine is actually EQ5. If you're willing to actually study the booklet, you'll do well. I only studied it enough to learn how to place blocks and color them. :)

It is a little expensive, I paid $85 for EQ5, but I can only find it for $150 now. EQ7 is $190, and EQ6 is $130. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MKMVRI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000MKMVRI&linkCode=as2&tag=themoundrea-20&linkId=BF4FDDDTMDED5INH
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Thank you, Leah. I will look at this program.

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 09:10:17 PM »
Jennie,
   I originally bought EQ6 and paid $150 for it. Hubby bought it for me as a combo Mother's Day/anniversary gift several years ago. Then when EQ7 came out, I upgraded to it. I think it was another $75 or $80. So these are not cheap, but they do so much. I need to study mine a bit more, but I love this program. I probably will not ever upgrade again, because the EQ7 does everything I need.  ;) I don't even touch what all this program can do. LOL Some day, I will sit down with the book and be amazed with it all over again. LOL Like I said it is expensive, but a wonderful program. They use to only give you 4 activations for this program, but now you have unlimited activations. Heck, I have already used 3 of them. It is only right after paying that much that you can add the program to new computers. I think you are allowed to have at least 2 activated at the same time, for people who have a desktop and a laptop. If you go with this program, just take your time and read the book thoroughly (Something I have yet to do, but I can give you that advice, right? LOL). They also have lots of videos in the program to help you. Good luck.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie