Author Topic: Friday, July 11, 2014  (Read 972 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, July 11, 2014
« on: July 11, 2014, 08:21:18 AM »
Good Morning (I think) HA

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, July 11, 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:21:55 AM »
All I am gonna say is TGIF I hope! I hope today is a better day

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:20:38 AM »
Good morning!

My dental appt went well yesterday.  I was done in 13 minutes  :D  Today is going to be a "continue to get my house back on track" kind of day.  I'm nearly caught up after being so sick.  We got a lot of rain last night which was such a blessing.  It's so dry here in the summer.  Not too much else going on here.  Have a blessed day, ladies!
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:07:44 AM »
Good morning,
   I haven't been on the computer much this week. I have been working in the garden. So far I have canned 14 qts of green beans. Feels good to can again. It has been 7 years since I have even used my canner.
   I know my hubby wants to help, but I got a little taste of what retirement will be like. LOL I have always canned while Kevin was at work. Well I did it early yesterday morning and then again this morning. Kevin wanted to help. Ok, that is fine, but he wants to change everything. I have canned for over 30 years. I think I have this. LOL I tried to tell him I always let the canner steam for 10 minutes before putting the weight on it. I told him this several times. He still stuck it on too soon, so it took forever for the pressure to get to 10 pounds.  ::) I poured the water in the canner. I guessed at it, about 2 qts. Hmm, not enough water, so I ended up measuring. Yep, just the right amount.  ;) I was a good wife and did not tell him to go find something else to do. LOL He actually surprised me Wednesday night when he came home. He bought me an Explorer 2 burner camp stove on legs. Each burner is 30,000 BTUs. Wow! This thing is awesome to can on and I do it outside so the little house doesn't get so hot. I just mentioned on Tuesday that this would be great for canning and he came home from work with it that night. So you see, I can't be upset with him. He means well. If he helps me enough, he will learn about canning.  8)
   We have lots of garden work planned for this weekend. Kevin is going to help me get the tomatoes tied up on stakes and weedeat between the bean rows. I will never plant my rows this close together again. I have a mess. Things need to be planted far enough apart to get the Troy tiller between the rows.  :( We also want to work on the cellar. I am ready to start putting stuff in it, and I want to be sure the shelves are sturdy enough. Waiting on Kevin to go down into the cellar first. I am chicken. LOL
   I have 32 blocks quilted on Hayley's quilt. Only 24 more to do. I haven't had much time to work on it this week, but I think I can get it done on time.
   You all have a great day. I think I will have time to quilt this afternoon, since the beans are done for this week.  ;D
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie