Author Topic: Wednesday, September 11, 2013  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
« on: September 11, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »
It rained so much on Tuesday that I have sopping wet towels on the line. And there's more rain forecast for today. I think I'm going to have to quit calling the rain an extra rinse and rewash them?  ::)

I'm kinda hoping to do a little quilting. All this quilting talk in other threads have put me in the mood! I have this baby quilt that's waiting to be pinned. I was going to do it Tuesday night, but when I was running the vacuum over the rug I was going to lay the quilt out on, my husband was saying the vacuum was making a funny noise. I unscrewed the piece that covers the beater bar, found some long carpet threads, snipped that off, ran the vacuum again... and it was making a worse noise!  >:( Open it up again, found another piece of carpet thread I missed, and now it's purring like normal. But that ate all the time I was hoping to use for pinning the quilt.

I sure like this cooler weather though, and I'll miss it when it starts creeping back up to the 80s and 90s this weekend.
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline Alana

Re: Wednesday, September 11, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 05:37:17 AM »
I was just saying that after reading all of these threads I feel like quilting again ;D

It was rainy her yesterday too...now it is supposed to be crazy hot!  We have had a very cold fall so far and I liked it  :D. I hate this crazy heat!

Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline Pat in Tenn

• Only By God's Grace
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »
Good Morning! I'm so excited that I remembered to come here first before I start working, lol....

We are not having cooler weather here but I am also trying to get my quilting back out and work on a few things. I bought some new material the other day ( not that I needed it, lol..) and that has got me "itchin to be stichin"....

I am so ready for cooler temps and fall days. First of all, I am tired of the same ole meals and I'm so want to start making soups and stews and comfort food... Healthy of course..still comfort food for the soul... I love cooking and baking.

My house really needs some TLC before I change out my decorations for fall. It is pretty much clean, you know, but we let a lot of things pile up here and there through the summer months and it is bothering me. I like for things to be in its place.

I have been working the same job here online for over 7 years and it has really been on me to want to quit and just tend to my home. Working here from home really pulls at you more then working outside of the home. The computer is always there and you know that there is always work that needs to be done. I tired of feeling guilty every time I walk past my desk or feeling guilty when I am sitting here. Does that make sense? ..... Please ladies... do not repeat this anywhere... If you know where I work...... I do not want to worry my boss right now and I have been praying about this but do not have the liberty to quit working right now. I just wanted to share my heart with you all, with where I am at here with my home. I know you understand.

Well for today, besides working, homeschool and house chores... one daughter has P/T for her shoulder, I need to get the oil changed in my car and I've got to think about supper tonight. It might just hamburgers on the George Foreman grill since our schedule is so up in the air for the afternoon.

I hope you ladies have a great day at your home!
Pat
wife to Jeff for 26years
mom to Elizabeth (24),Sarah (19),and Rebekah (14)
http://onlybygodsgrace.blogspot.com/

Offline Pat in Tenn

• Only By God's Grace
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:54:37 AM »
It rained so much on Tuesday that I have sopping wet towels on the line. And there's more rain forecast for today. I think I'm going to have to quit calling the rain an extra rinse and rewash them?  ::)

I'm kinda hoping to do a little quilting. All this quilting talk in other threads have put me in the mood! I have this baby quilt that's waiting to be pinned. I was going to do it Tuesday night, but when I was running the vacuum over the rug I was going to lay the quilt out on, my husband was saying the vacuum was making a funny noise. I unscrewed the piece that covers the beater bar, found some long carpet threads, snipped that off, ran the vacuum again... and it was making a worse noise!  >:( Open it up again, found another piece of carpet thread I missed, and now it's purring like normal. But that ate all the time I was hoping to use for pinning the quilt.

I sure like this cooler weather though, and I'll miss it when it starts creeping back up to the 80s and 90s this weekend.

I'm not sure how many "rain rinse" is too much but I guess it can't hurt..... I really need to get my husband to get me a clothes line up. He has talked about it for ever. Must put this on my to-do list.  ;)
Pat
wife to Jeff for 26years
mom to Elizabeth (24),Sarah (19),and Rebekah (14)
http://onlybygodsgrace.blogspot.com/

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »
Good morning!

On my list today:

clean up breakfast dishes
wipe down table
diapers
vacuum downstairs
finish litter boxes
fountain scrubbed
bake bread
make cereal (I ended up doing grapes all day yesterday instead of this)
work on knitting
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »
Good morning, 

I just got back from having Daisy groomed.  I met Amanda and Brinly for breakfast while Daisy was at her appt.  It blesses my heart to have Brinly running to me saying "Baboo!" and giving me the biggest hug!  I love my grandchildren!!

I need to straighten the house up and get to throwing together a meatloaf for supper.  Coby is getting the supplies bought today to install a second bathroom in the basement at our rental house.  We have a great renter lined up for October and since the house hasn't sold after being listed for the past 8 months, we removed the listing.  Don't wanna be landlords but no other option right now.

I hope everyone has a good day, it's hot in Ohio but cooler weather is coming the rest of the week.  Take care and God Bless...

Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 09:58:08 AM »
It is super hot here, 86F, which is so unusual for this time of year.  It will be back to normal by Friday though.

Julie and I are going to visit an artist friend who is going to teach a group of us how to do Zen tangles, which is kind of creative doodling.  Should be fun.  They have a pool, so we might go for a swim too.

Count me among those itching to make a quilt.  I have little experience with quilting, but I have been wanting to do one for a long time.  I have amassed a large amount of fabric, and I think I will try a log cabin pattern.  That sounds like a good beginner pattern.  I also have a lot of old jeans saved from the kids as they have grown out of them, which I would like to make into a rag afghan-size quilt.  That would be warm and snuggly for watching tv on a cold winter day.

Laundry is calling, so I had best get on with it.  Hope everyone has a great day! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline wrancher

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 07:25:32 PM »
Good Morning

Well my day will be consumed by going to lawyer about 2hrs away to make purchase agreement on land, ugh can you say money? I am always don't talk so much just write.  We will have to go again I am sure as to reread it and have the sellers sign, etc. Off this 1 land sell we divide it into 2 buyers, then 3 more buyers will be added. Very confusing. We want to have it finished before end of year.  While we are there we are going to have windshield replaced on pickup and look for a cheap, good college vehicle so the kids aren't driving my suburban all the time.

I need DH to still help with lifting me up to wash outside windows with skidsteer. Maybe we can do it when we get home or tomorrow. Yesterday we tore out 2 sections of windbreak in the feedlot and got the new back up. Of course now we want to keep going as it looks so nice. Depends on our time. We need to finish the haying so we can start hauling hay again with tractors. All this winter stuff needs done before the snow flies. We hope to feed calves again for people to help with this land payment and all the other expenses.

No wonder I looked on my desktop and didn't see my post this morning. turned on laptop and never posted it. ugh

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
Today was such a busy day for me. I just turned the computer on for the first time a little while ago.  ???

I got the storage unit completely emptied and swept out. It took 2 trips today, but it is done.  ;) I called my friend who owns it and told her to go ahead and rent it if she gets the opportunity. We have it paid for till Sept. 30th, but won't be using it anymore.  :)

I spent most of the afternoon in the storage shed rearranging everything. I love my shelves. Kevin came out and told me about 4 different times how great it all looks. I went to Menards to get another shelf just like these while it is on sale. Online it said they had them, but when I got there, I found that they are still loaded on a semi waiting to be unloaded tomorrow.  >:( I was not happy about that. So I hope to get down there again either tomorrow or Friday. I did stop by Walmart and bought a few more bins. I want to clear out some of my projects here in the house. Just keep a couple of things that I am currently working on. That should help with the clutter.  ;D You all would not even believe the mess my desk is in. I can't even find anything and Callie is completely put out with me, since where she likes to lay is stacked high with stuff.  :-[ I hope to get started on this tomorrow.

Well, I guess that is it for tonight. I will talk to you all tomorrow some time.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie