Author Topic: Prepping your pantry for winter  (Read 6569 times)

Offline Cheryl

Re: Prepping your pantry for winter
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »
Cheryl have you tried letting your bread machine mix the bread dough for you then putting it in your pan and baking in the oven? Thats what I do as I have no strength in my wrists now due to 2 surgeries. Hope this helps  :)

Good idea!  I'll give it a try.

Having a well-stocked freezer and pantry is a good thing.  With the prices of groceries these days I don't know how we could afford to buy every little thing needed.  I've organized all of our home-canned food in one central location and can see at a glance how much of each food we have.  My chest freezer is almost completely full, and the freezers over the refrigerators are full too.  This is a good problem to have. :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 05:44:01 AM »
Cheryl - I also have used my breadmaker to make the dough and then popped it in a loaf pan and baked it in the oven.  It turned out quite well.

Because of my back, I have done hardly any stocking up for winter.  I did send Doug to the local farmer's market to get some peaches to cut up and freeze.  Unfortunately, I missed the buy one half bushel, get one free sale that I caught last year so we only have a half bushel in there.  If I start to feel able soon, I will go with him and see what is there on sale that we can get and freeze.

Stocking up on fruits and veggies is just another thing I missed this summer that is going to be added to my list of thngs I want to do next summer!

Denise

Offline wrancher

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 08:05:31 AM »
Honeyville is having their 10% off sale I think it is Ready10. What do you usually order when they have this stockup sale?

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 09:14:30 AM »
Honeyville is having their 10% off sale I think it is Ready10. What do you usually order when they have this stockup sale?

Blanched almond flour.