Author Topic: Thrusday, July 24, 2014  (Read 1056 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, July 24, 2014
« on: July 24, 2014, 08:37:04 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thrusday, July 24, 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:44:11 AM »
Somehow I lose my post when I reply to my daily threads. So this week has been full fledged combing wheat! We are hauling what we can to town or another town over otherwise we store it on the farm.  So between keeping everyone going combining we have been taking care of cattle and what ever else comes our way. I finally burnt some garbage this morning while it was calm. We have had some windy days. I need to go to neighbors and empty their burning barrel today.  We are cleaning out more grain bins and getting augers moved around from bin to bin. Long hot dirty days. I am still trying for a camping trip this weekend for Lanes bday. He wants a  dairy queen cake and the only way I can pull that off is if we go camping as that is where we would have to get it. My BIL also wants to work more sick calves tomorrow so that is throwing me off on the camping thing. Whatever will be will be.  We should finish combining winter wheat today, not sure when for spring wheat depends on if it is ready and oats on Monday or Sunday

Better finish house chores

Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
Morning!

I wasn't able to go back to sleep after Jean left this morning, so it was an early day (after a little Grimm-snuggling, that is!).  I've had breakfast, checked on the garden, done a little NSA work, and emptied the dishwasher. I've got a little more NSA work to do but I feel like being...I don't know...unplugged today.  It's cool and overcast outside, and I just feel like reading or knitting or putting a little more care into the house today.  I would like to wash the sheets, vacuum the floors, clean the counters, and go over the bathrooms.  We'll see where the day leads me after that!

Dinner tonight is Pioneer Woman's roast beef cheesesteaks.

Love to all!
Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 09:10:58 AM »
Good morning, Janice and everyone.

I have picked about a half-bushel of tomatoes to make into spaghetti sauce.  I also picked an ice cream bucket full of cherry tomatoes.  Way too many to use on salads so I need to do something with them too.  Our garden is almost gone and I guess we'll plant a fall one.

This afternoon is movie day at the library, the last one of the summer.  I'm kind of glad but Emily really enjoys going.  After that I don't know what we'll do.  I need to stop at the store for more freezer bags.  Boy, my life is exciting! ;D

Supper tonight is BLT's, chips & dip. 

Have a great day!  :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »
Good afternoon,
   It has been a busy one for us. We canned 7 qts of green beans this morning after the chores were done. I say 'we' because Kevin has been so good to help me with everything since he has been home. He did much better with the canning today and listened to me.  ;) I think when he saw me come up with the plan to braid the onions, he realized that I did know what I was doing. LOL He even watered the raised beds for me this morning. He uses the scythe every morning and cuts stuff for the chicks, ducks, and rabbits. We are really working as a team.
   I have 10 lbs of cabbage fermenting to become kraut. Kevin has cut up some leftover cabbage to go on the dehydrator. He says we can use it this winter in soups and stews. We vacuum sealed the peppers and onions that he put on the dehydrator yesterday. In a bit, we will water the raised bed again and do evening chores, then we are done for the day.
   Tomorrow is our 37th wedding anniversary. We decided to go to Ryan's. We have not been there in a long, long time. Money is tight, but we decided this was important.  :) Ryan's is in the same area as Aldis, so I will stock up on some things while we are there. Which reminds me that I need to get busy on a list.  :D
   You all have a wonderful evening.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie