Author Topic: Friday, July 25, 2014  (Read 1150 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, July 25, 2014
« on: July 25, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »
TGIF!!! ;)

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, July 25, 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:57:28 AM »
Well nice and  cool here after 105 yesterday. We are heading camping this evening so I am catching up on everything here. Ross and kids are at BILs working calves and giving shots. We are caught up with harvest till things dry out more. Funny you want your harvest to dry and rain for the crops that are still growing.  Yesterday I ended up going to near Sioux Falls for a 30 ft hay trailer.  I got home around 7pm.  So I am doing laundry and dishes and fixin to head out and start the watering. I need to check Ashleys chickens and get camper packed. I first have to pay some bills and run into town for supplies and to make Lanes birthday cake. He turns 14 today. All he can think about is taking his driving test but he needs to study. Seems like not much time for that.

Coffee time..
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 09:55:07 AM »
Good morning!

I am in the middle of making another batch of spaghetti sauce.  Smells good in here but I'll be glad to get it finished and clean up the tomato splatters. :)

This evening we are going to get some supplies to finish our bathroom remodel.  We tiled around the tub and added new flooring a year ago.  Now we're going to replace the door and some sheetrock, add new trim, a new vanity, and paint.  I can't wait to get this done.  This was by far the ugliest room in the house when we bought it and after 5 years of ugly I'm ready for a change!

Guess I better scoot and stir my sauce before it sticks.

Also want to wish Winona a happy anniversary.  Hope you have a wonderful day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 11:24:18 AM »
Good Afternoon!

Janice: It's nice and cool here, as well.  Enjoy camping!

Cheryl:  Ooooo! Fun news about the remodel!  Any photos to share?

Well, we learned this morning that we are apparently 'all or nothing' when it comes to getting up early.  Jean said he would go in a little bit later this morning since it's a Friday and traffic is lighter, and wanted to leave around 6:30.  So, I set our alarm for 5:10, Then reset it for 5:30...5:45...and so on.  We were finally awake and ready to get up around 6:15, but for whatever reason we didn't, we fell back asleep, only to awake at 8:10!  Apparently we needed our rest :)

I ran into town this morning to get my bangs trimmed, and since getting back I've been working on NSA tasks (mostly website).  I've made the bed and emptied the dishwasher  I still need to fold and put away the last load of yesterday's laundry, clean the floors, and go over the bathrooms. 

My brother, sister-in-law, and three nieces are coming in tonight to stay at my parents', so we will see them quite a bit this weekend.  Tomorrow my oldest niece (Ellie; 7) will come over while the littles nap and we will watch Little House on the Prairie.  She's just started reading the books, so that will be fun.  She's also reading the Harry Potter books and apparently REALLY wants to talk to someone else who is into HP, so that will be fun.  My brother and SIL won't let her watch any of the Potter movies until she's read all seven books, so Little House it is!  That evening everyone else (my parents, brother, SIL, and two younger nieces) will come over for a cookout.  Sunday I think we are going to do something with the kids in the morning (not sure what, yet), then that afternoon my brother, SIL, Jean and I will all go do something 'just us adults' while my parents stay with the kids during nap time.

Dinner tonight is just me.  Popcorn chicken is on the menu, but we'll see what I feel like :)

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥