Author Topic: Monday, August 4, 2014  (Read 1525 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, August 4, 2014
« on: August 04, 2014, 05:31:53 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, August 4, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 05:44:07 AM »
Just another day at the ranch. Hoping to haul hay and put out creep feeders.The truck comes today to put creep in so we need to get 3 more put around. I canned up 50 pds of tomatoes for $27 I got 14 qts of salsa and 10 pints and 5 quarts of  chili sauce.I need to do the usual laundry, dishes and clean the floors. I want to load pickup with recycables as tomorrow we go to city for appointments. I want to pickup my washer and we will do school shopping (ugh I am not ready) and sams club stock up. I will take big cooler for back end also. I have some peaches to take care of but I want to make peach pies for freezer. Very easy recipe with sugar, egg and I cant remember, I can  whip them out in no time. With boughten crusts but may learn to make some. I need to take my desktop computer out and blow out the dust.

Coffee time....
Janice

PS We need rain so bad for our crops. Bring on the rains;

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 07:59:23 AM »
Morning!

Janice - here's hoping you get some rain soon!

Pretty normal day around here.  Jean is home today, working on the attached shed he's building off the back of our deck.  I've got the usual NSA work and laundry, plus whatever he needs.  Dinner tonight is kielbasa and...?

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 10:22:50 AM »
Good morning,
   I did all the Monday morning household stuff. Thankfully, Kevin found something outside to keep him busy for an hour or so. LOL Much easier to clean without having to clean around him.  ;) We are waiting on the shade to get over the patio area, then plan to blanch some more potatoes for the dehydrators. I may get the chance to make binding for Hayley's quilt this afternoon. It will take at least 3 or 4 hours to hand sew the binding down. I also need to make a label for it.
   I put some shoestring cut potatoes in my fryer yesterday and it overflowed.  :o I have never had that happen before and hope to never have it happen again. What a mess I had!  :( So I also had to scrub everything on the counter down today. No more shoestring tators. Regular fries have never done that.

Janice, I planted over 60 tomato plants, but I don't think I am going to have enough to can. Just has not been the year for tomatoes around here. I hope you get some rain. We had over 1 1/2 inches yesterday.
Mandy, wish you and Jean lived closer. I could put him to work building all kinds of things for me. LOL You can never have too many sheds.  :D

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona

Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »
Good morning ladies!

We got back from swimming about an hour ago.  This is Trevor's last week with the team before we move.  Its kinda sad  :'(

We had breakfast and now I am having coffee and getting dinner in the crockpot.  I have some work to do around the house today.  Mainly a little packing in the boys rooms. 

Dinner tonight is Chicken Bacon Crockpot Chowder.

Janice - its raining here.. hope you got some rain too!

Mandy and Winona - enjoy your days!

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 11:56:40 AM »
Janice, I wish I had your energy. Just reading about your days exhausts me. lol. To you other ladies, its good to see so many posting and to hear about your days!
Our family had our annual reunion yesterday. It was a good day. I hadnt been to any of them for the past 2 years so it was nice to see everyone. I made an eclair cake and potato salad. I also made my cousin (who came up from Florida) her own pan of peanut butter bars. She had shared the recipe to me on facebook saying I should make them because they looked good. She didnt know, but I make them for Chad often. So I made her and her family they're very own pan.
Today I need to straighten the house up a bit. Do a few loads of laundry. I really need to pay attention to the master bath. We had a water leak under our garden tub. While Chad was fixing it, he made a mess of things in there. So I need to fix  it back the way I want it.
I've got suntea outside going. I cant wait to have a glass.
Chad is at the doctor right now. He is having trouble with his back. For the past few days he's had a hard time getting out of bed. Plus, hes got two knots on each side of his hip. I worry about him. Im thinking he may have a kidney infection. He drinks more pop than he should. I buy kool aid and tea and water for us out of our grocery budget. I usually buy him his pop out of that too. But it takes so much out of our budget so I told him if he wanted any he would have to purchase it out of other money than our grocery budget. I feel kind of mean for that. And I'm honestly not trying to be. But I quit drinking it and I think he should as well. Its not good for us.  Plus as long as we buy it out of the grocery money, he will drink it up in no time. If I make him buy it out of other money, he may see the cost of it and how it adds up. I just dont see the sense in cutting corners in our budget and yet spending money on pop when it isnt beneficial to us. Am I wrong? Hopefully, he will call soon with good news from his doctor. But I pray it isnt anything terrible.
Our county fair is in right now. I used to never miss the fair! But I havent been in the past 11 years. I miss going and seeing the animals and the projects in the home and garden buildings.  I may go this year, I dont know.
You all have a good afternoon and evening!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »
Good afternoon!

I've been so busy that I haven't had time to post.  I'm so glad to see more people on the board today!  I really enjoy reading about everyone's days and sharing ideas with all of you.

I'm snapping green beans and when these are finished, I'll shell peas.  I'll probably can or freeze them tomorrow.  I also have more tomatoes to work up.

Well, guess I need to get back to my beans. :D. Have a great afternoon!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 01:36:13 PM »

I'm so glad to see more people on the board today!  I really enjoy reading about everyone's days and sharing ideas with all of you.

Me too, Cheryl!!

Winona: I wish we were closer, too.  I'm sure Jean would love to build you a shed, and I sure would love to spend some time with you!

Erica: I liked your anecdote/advice on Facebook about your freezer stock and tonight's dinner.  Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

Bobbie: I think you were pretty wise to remove that purchase from the general grocery budget.  Hopefully you will get the results you want!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:36:53 PM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 04:47:36 PM »
Bobbie,
   I took pop out of the grocery budget as well. We had both given up pop for about 6 months. Then when Kevin lost his mom, then his job, the stress was getting to him. He started drinking Coke again. He drinks way too much, but I try not to say anything. I think you are wise to take it out of your grocery budget. Ours is stressed enough without paying for sugar water. LOL I hope Chad has good news from the doctor.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »
Thank you, Mandy and Winona! He has no kidney infection, but the pain and knots are from gaining too much weight. He's been stressed to the max lately as well and like your Kevin, Winona, Chad drinks pop to curb the anxiety, etc. I try not to say too much. But I am cutting so many corners by limiting the produce, meat, etc, it just didnt make much sense to me to purchase pop and not the healthier items. I think when he sees that he has to buy it out of his money that he uses for other things, he will see just how much he's drinking, the cost etc. and realize that it really isnt worth it. I've been drinking tea and crystal light. Well, the generic crystal light made by walmart. I know its full of chemicals. I try to drink mainly water. And I do feel better and my sugar levels are better :) I have to go have my A1c checked later this week. Praying it is down! Have a good evening, ladies!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 06:48:50 AM »
I grew up with soda in the house.  Like candy, chips, and other goodies, my parents just always had them around, so there wasn't a huge draw (since nothing was 'off limits'), but I still drank maybe one a day.  Once I started buying my own groceries that stopped!  It may be a 'down the line' kind of benefit (once he gets over the withdrawals!), but when I do drink soda now it is a HUGE treat!  It's rare - when eating fast food (so maybe once every month or two...maybe).  Because I so rarely drink it, I allow myself the full-calorie versions, and it's like indulging in a dessert, almost. 

Noble goal!  Best of luck!

M
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:50:28 AM by MissMandy »

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »
Thanks, Mandy!!