Author Topic: Tuesday, August 5  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, August 5
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »
My challenge today is to get every cabinet and drawer in my kitchen completely emptied, wiped clean inside & out, and everything put back in place.  I will be decluttering and tossing stuff I no longer need or use.  I'm also inventorying all my canned goods.  I usually do a fall stock up and I want to know exactly what I have on hand before sitting down to make my list.

Anyone else have a specific area you're working on today?
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

Re: Tuesday, August 5
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:23:41 PM »
Hi Cheryl! :)It always makes me feel good to have a good organized kitchen.  Today I am finishing what I started yesterday.  I am washing all mattress covers, sheets and comforters on the bunks upstairs.  There are two bunks with trundles and then two more regulars bunks.  That makes 10 beds so it takes a while because the comforters fill up the washing machines.  Also will be steaming any mattresses that need it, with the help of my 11 yr. old. :)

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:14:09 PM »
I love having an organized kitchen, but unfortunately it doesn't stay that way for very long. ;)

Lindsay, that's a lot of bedding to do!  How do you steam your mattresses?
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
How do you steam mattresses?  HA!  I don't know if you are even supposed to or if anyone else even does this? LOL ;D  With bed-wetters it is almost a necessity every once in a while. ;)  All I do is get out the steam cleaner and use the furniture or stair attachment on the mattress and then let it dry for a day under the fan.  At least they SEEM cleaner. :)

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 01:50:12 PM »
That's a good idea!  You make me want to go out and buy a steam cleaner! :D

Well, after cleaning out the 'junk' drawer, I've decided my husband is a screw/nail/every-fastener-known-to-man hoarder.  We have enough to last several lifetimes! :o  ;D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:54:49 AM »
Hi friends,
Just a little note to say "hi".  I have not posted on the new board, but do try and read often.  I am hoping I can become more active on here. 

I am keeping our little grand boy 3 days a week and that sure keeps me busy....he is almost 21 months.  I just love keeping him and he and I are very close.

Winona...sure have been praying for you my dear friend.  I know this is a big change for you.  Also, praying for Kevin.  I love you lots!!

Catrat....if you see this, love ya friend!!

We had temps in the low 60's this morning and it felt so good.  I'm very ready for fall.  I can't wait to get my fall decorations out.

Wishing all a blessed day.
Love,
Cathy

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 11:14:22 AM »
Hi Cathy! (with a Y)  I remember you from the old board.  I am "new" to this group of wonderful girls.  Look forward to getting to know you better. Welcome!!! ;D

Lindsay

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 02:13:23 PM »
Hi Lindsay,

I'm glad you remember me....makes me smile!!  I also look forward to getting to know you better.

Blessings to you,
Cathy

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 04:16:21 PM »
Hi ladies! 

Its really busy here.  We move tomorrow so I will not post for a few days.. gotta get there and then internet is not set up until Monday.

Hope all is well with everyone and that you all have a great weekend!

Hi Cathy!!!

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 05:25:40 PM »
Hi friends,
Just a little note to say "hi".  I have not posted on the new board, but do try and read often.  I am hoping I can become more active on here. 

I am keeping our little grand boy 3 days a week and that sure keeps me busy....he is almost 21 months.  I just love keeping him and he and I are very close.

Winona...sure have been praying for you my dear friend.  I know this is a big change for you.  Also, praying for Kevin.  I love you lots!!

Catrat....if you see this, love ya friend!!

We had temps in the low 60's this morning and it felt so good.  I'm very ready for fall.  I can't wait to get my fall decorations out.

Wishing all a blessed day.
Love,
Cathy

Hi Cathy! It's great to see you here on the board! Your picture is sweet!

Take care,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 06:56:32 PM »
Thanks Jennie. 

Love to you my friend,
Cathy

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 08:17:12 AM »
Oooh!  Hi Cathy!!
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 10:53:46 AM »
Hi Cathy,
  Just wanted to say how cute your grandson is. I just want to squeeze him. LOL He has your smile. I hope you can find time to join us. Facebook is ok, but just not the same as the board. I miss connecting with all my old friends. Great to have you here and you know that I love you.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 02:45:51 PM »
Oooh!  Hi Cathy!!

Hi Mandy!!

I am just loving Grimm.  He's such a lucky boy to have you guys for his parents.  You know how much I love the BIG, BIG dogs.
We lost our Great Dane several years ago but still have our Saint Bernard.  Also, still have one Lab.

Hugs my friend,
Cathy