Author Topic: Friday, August 15, 2014  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday, August 15, 2014
« on: August 15, 2014, 05:59:54 AM »
Good morning!

I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee in a quiet house.  Well, it would be quiet, but the kitty you see in my picture is running back and forth begging for attention.

I've been up since 3 a.m.  I don't feel the greatest today and I want to go back to bed, but there's too much to do.  I made myself go on a walk and I've washed and hung out one load of laundry with several more loads to do.  I need to run to the feed store and pick up some feed for Emily's chickens.  My 2 hens have decided they don't want chicken feed anymore.  They'd rather have bugs and grass. :D

Supper tonight is homemade pizza and salad.  I'm on the lookout for a good homemade sauce recipe if anyone has one to share. 

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, August 15, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:02:14 AM »
Good Morning Cheryl and all

Moving day for college! UGH! Megan is still packing. Thank heavens most of the stuff is still there but we have to move it all over to the dorm. I need to stop and pick her up a few things on way. 3 hrs 1 way so obviously 3 hrs home and I want to do a Sams club run. 

Ashley and Lane registered for school yesterday.  We moved hay and fenced until it rained. Now I hope we get more rain but we are blessed with what we got. Well better get movin..

Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 08:15:15 AM »
Morning Ladies!

Typical day around here.  I've got some computer/NSA work to take care of this morning, and a little bit of cleaning to do around the house.  I finished laundry (even sheets!) yesterday, so that should be good for a bit.  I need to hit the floors and try to declutter a bit all around.  Jean is hoping to come home somewhat early so we can have a date night before he goes off on a busy gig weekend.  Not sure what we'll do, maybe Netflix and takeout?  But first, coffee!!

Have a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 09:09:59 AM »
Good morning!

The four older kids are at school!  Feels so good to say that.  :)  Some of you are on fb and know they were ALL (five) sick with a tummy bug yesterday so I had planned to keep them home (following the school's 24 hour fever-free rule).  When I called this morning to let the school know that Morgan, Micah, and Mallory wouldn't be there, I got the principal himself who said to go ahead and bring them if they were fine this morning (they were).  So we got ready in a rush and got them there in the nick of time.

The past few months have held a real struggle with depression for me.  It's not something I even try to keep secret any more because people need to understand that this happens to Christians,  those who love their families, intelligent people, anyone really.  I am working on it from the standpoint of correcting hormonal imbalances (with an Ob/GYN who uses bioidentical hormone replacement), brain chemistry imbalances (using amino acids and other nutritional supplements), and other natural approaches.  I had DNA testing done a few months ago and have been able to pinpoint the specific neurotransmitter imbalances my DNA causes me to be prone to, which allows one to know which supplements or types of medications can specifically be helpful. 

Anyway, that said, the kids are going to school for multiple reasons, but one of them is because this mama needs to recharge her batteries.  I am making consistent exercise a priority and working to find things I enjoy doing.  Having some quiet hours alone on Monday-Wednesday-Friday will be helpful as well.  Max will be home with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I plan to do some light schoolwork with him (fun stuff, an animal curriculum I already own), and just enjoy having him home some this year, as next year he will go to kindergarten and I am quite certain he will go to school next whether or not the others do.

Looking forward to getting my house organized and deep cleaned and working on some crafty stuff here and there.  Maybe even going to a weekly Bible study.  It feels like my soul is taking deep breaths of relief, honestly.  :)

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »
You are simply amazing, Catherine  :-*
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 10:33:38 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   I drove over this morning and filled the car up. The station is only about 8 miles away, 5 cross country.  ;) For us that is just a hop and a skip over. LOL I saw Hannah and Hunter there. They are my other niece and nephew, Hayley's siblings. They were on their way to decorate for Hayley's wedding. They are so excited. It tickled me. I am looking forward to my beautiful niece becoming a bride. She is quite a young lady. She decided last summer that she was going back to school and get her RN degree (She already had her LPN degree.), build a small house with her honey, and plan a wedding for this August.  :o She did it! They started their little house in the woods in March. They had lots of help from family and friends, but her fiance did most of the work. He is a wonderful young man.  ;D She graduated from nursing school last Saturday and will marry the love of her life this Saturday. She will be 23 in Sept. As you can see, I am very proud of her. I hope they are blessed with a happy marriage and many children. ( They want several.)
   I had to have another TB test last night.  :( No one told me about it. Now I will have to drive in and have it checked on my time off. I plan to talk to the nurse today, because the time to have it checked is about the time Hayley will be getting married. Not happening, even if I have to retake the dumb thing. Why do they give you 2 of them anyway?  :-\
   Looking forward to today. I will be working with Kerry. She is such a sweet lady and our lives are so alike we could be sisters. We are even built alike, same height, and both diabetics. LOL I love all you ladies, but I have been so hungry for real life connections with another lady. All of my friends around here have either moved away, or just didn't understand our life style, and we drifted apart. So good to meet someone who understands me. Now if you all could just move up here to northwest Missouri, I would be a happy camper.  ;D
    Catherine, so glad you were able to start all 4 of them at the same time. It would have been a bummer to miss the first day of school. I am proud of you for realizing you need some time to get yourself in better health. Nothing wrong with sending the kids to school to take care of yourself. I was pretty much burned out by the time Jon graduated. I had almost 20 years of homeschooling and just wanted to be done with it.
   Mandy, your date night sounds sort of like ours. LOL I love a laid back evening of takeout and a movie. Have fun!  :)
   Janice, have a safe trip getting Megan back to school. I bet you will be glad to get everyone back into a routine. LOL
   Cheryl, I hope you feel better soon. Our cats do the same thing. They think if their food bowl is not overflowing that someone needs to get up and fill it for them. They meow, rub against us, and just make a pest of themselves until they get their way. Got to love cats! LOL
   You all have a great day. Rain forcasted for later, and it is another cool one.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
Good morning,
Cathy - you amaze me with all you do!  Glad you are taking care of you, so often as moms I think we forget about ourselves. 
I slept in today, DH working ot tonight so it will be a long quiet day.
Some cleaning and baking to do.
I am attempting self binding receiving blankets, they are fun.  I just need to practice 1/4 inch seams...
Charlotte will be here Sept 15 by c section.time has flown by!
Wishng you all a blessed day
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 11:19:14 AM »

Looking forward to today. I will be working with Kerry. She is such a sweet lady and our lives are so alike we could be sisters. We are even built alike, same height, and both diabetics. LOL I love all you ladies, but I have been so hungry for real life connections with another lady. All of my friends around here have either moved away, or just didn't understand our life style, and we drifted apart. So good to meet someone who understands me. Now if you all could just move up here to northwest Missouri, I would be a happy camper.  ;D
    Catherine, so glad you were able to start all 4 of them at the same time. It would have been a bummer to miss the first day of school. I am proud of you for realizing you need some time to get yourself in better health. Nothing wrong with sending the kids to school to take care of yourself. I was pretty much burned out by the time Jon graduated. I had almost 20 years of homeschooling and just wanted to be done with it.
   Mandy, your date night sounds sort of like ours. LOL I love a laid back evening of takeout and a movie. Have fun!  :)
   Janice, have a safe trip getting Megan back to school. I bet you will be glad to get everyone back into a routine. LOL
   Cheryl, I hope you feel better soon. Our cats do the same thing. They think if their food bowl is not overflowing that someone needs to get up and fill it for them. They meow, rub against us, and just make a pest of themselves until they get their way. Got to love cats! LOL
Blessings,
Winona

Winona, so glad to hear this is such a good fit for you and that you have made a friend there.  Sometimes, I think we just get so used to doing things one way in life that we forget to stop and see if it's still a really good fit for us.   Some things are, and some things change.  Sounds like this change has been what you needed for some soul refreshment right now.  :)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »
Afternoon ladies!  Friday is usually catch-up day around here.  We will be mowing so we don't have to do it over the weekend.  Have many maintenance projects planned. :P  I think I would rather be off playing somewhere. ;)  Laundry being done now.  Will do some more cleaning cause that is no fun on the weekends either. ;)  Planning to workout here in a bit too.   

Catherine- praying for you to get feeling better soon
Janice- hope the move goes smoothly
Mandy- enjoy the night in with your honey
Cheryl- it is hard to make yourself exercise on not much sleep, isn't it? :P
Winona- been praying for you and love ya as always ;)

So happy to hear from all of you!  You girls have a wonderful weekend with your families. :)

Lindsay

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »
Good morning,
Cathy - you amaze me with all you do!  Glad you are taking care of you, so often as moms I think we forget about ourselves. 
I slept in today, DH working ot tonight so it will be a long quiet day.
Some cleaning and baking to do.
I am attempting self binding receiving blankets, they are fun.  I just need to practice 1/4 inch seams...
Charlotte will be here Sept 15 by c section.time has flown by!
Wishng you all a blessed day

How exciting for y'all!  Maddy's b-day is Sept. 14th.

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 02:40:50 PM »

Blessings,
Winona

Winona, so glad to hear this is such a good fit for you and that you have made a friend there.  Sometimes, I think we just get so used to doing things one way in life that we forget to stop and see if it's still a really good fit for us.   Some things are, and some things change.  Sounds like this change has been what you needed for some soul refreshment right now.  :)

Love these words Catrat.  So wise!!!

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 02:57:23 PM »
Happy Friday my friends,

Catrat...sorry the kids have been sick.  So glad they were able to go to school today.  Have been thinking of them.  Hope they all had wonderful days.  Praying for you with the depression.  It's good you are talking about this and not hiding it.  You are such a kind person with a sweet, sweet soul.  I think this change of the kids going to school and you having some time to find yourself again is going to help you very much.  I am praying my friend!!! 

I had several errands to run today as I didn't keep baby Grayson.  Plus, some housework to do.  We are selling our home and have a showing this evening and tomorrow afternoon.  We are downsizing since it's just Jon and I now.  We don't need 4 bedrooms and 3 full baths.  We are planning to build a much smaller home right down the road on family land.

Better go for now.  Jon will be home soon and the showing starts in 1 hour.

Have a blessed evening all,
Cathy

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 04:13:54 PM »
Happy Friday my friends,

Catrat...sorry the kids have been sick.  So glad they were able to go to school today.  Have been thinking of them.  Hope they all had wonderful days.  Praying for you with the depression.  It's good you are talking about this and not hiding it.  You are such a kind person with a sweet, sweet soul.  I think this change of the kids going to school and you having some time to find yourself again is going to help you very much.  I am praying my friend!!! 

I had several errands to run today as I didn't keep baby Grayson.  Plus, some housework to do.  We are selling our home and have a showing this evening and tomorrow afternoon.  We are downsizing since it's just Jon and I now.  We don't need 4 bedrooms and 3 full baths.  We are planning to build a much smaller home right down the road on family land.

Better go for now.  Jon will be home soon and the showing starts in 1 hour.

Have a blessed evening all,
Cathy

Ooh, good luck with the showing!

Thanks for your kind words and prayers.