Author Topic: What an evening at work I had.....  (Read 1610 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
What an evening at work I had.....
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »
.....and I loved every minute of it. LOL I got to work, to find out I was not only the dietary aid but also the care partner as well. The care partner puts out the clothing protectors and silverware, takes order, serves everyone and gets the drinks, then picks up everything and charts how much everyone ate/drank. Wow! From 4:45 to 8:00 I never stopped. LOL
   Ruby, who is 96 and our former minister's wife, got irate and threw a glass of water at me. LOL She was upset because I was taking another lady's order and not paying attention to her. She is blind and so unlike the person she was when she and Joe were the heads of our church. Anyway, the nurse on duty said, 'Ruby, don't you throw that glass', and bang, she threw it towards me and hit several other glasses. Liquid went everywhere. So I had to wipe down the table and clean the floor. Then Violet picked a piece of fish stick up off the floor that Ruby had knocked off. When I tried to get it, she threw it across the room, almost hitting several residents. lol Several of them were argumentative and combative tonight. After I got a break from the dining room, I made a dash back to do dishes. It was like that all night, but for some reason I was having a ball. Am I nuts or something? I know Ruby and Violet didn't mean any harm. Later Violet came in and started talking to me while I wiped tables down.
   I guess I forgot to also say that there were only 3 CNAs on duty in the whole building. That never happens. Either some one really screwed up on the scheduling or a lot of people called in. The nurse on duty thanked me for helping out so much, even though I am still new. She also told me that she was sorry that she was not much help, but she was the only one in the cafeteria who is certified to feed, so she was really busy too.
   Kerry was the cook and she has only been there for a month. We both figure we earned our pay tonight.  ;) She did a few of my duties to help me out. Usually they have at least one care partner and sometimes two. Things just got screwed up somehow.
   It has been pouring down rain all afternoon and evening. Maybe that is why we had such a circus tonight. The other CNAs were laughing with me. I figure that either Kevin, or I, are related to half the residents in there. LOL I am getting on to all their names now and already becoming attached. I hope this didn't bore you all, but I just had to share with you. You all have a blessed weekend. I will try to get on the board on Sunday. Won't have much free time tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

Re: What an evening at work I had.....
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 06:34:27 AM »
Sounds like you had a bit of excitement at work!   :D  And sounds like you work with a great group of people. 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 07:13:23 AM »
Sounds like quite a night!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 08:46:59 AM »
Sounds crazy but so glad you are enjoying it!  It is like it was made just for you.  You are such a compassionate person. Enjoy

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
Winona, I'm proud of you for the great job you're doing! You are giving care to those who can't care for themselves. It truly is a ministry.

Blessings,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 06:57:44 PM »
I love reading about your time at work Winona.  Please continue to share.  It's like we are along  the journey with you.

You are a sweetheart and I love ya,
Cathy