Author Topic: Fri. Aug. 22, 2014  (Read 1951 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Fri. Aug. 22, 2014
« on: August 22, 2014, 07:15:12 AM »
Good morning....
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Fri. Aug. 22, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 07:20:23 AM »
   How are you all this morning? We are not patient waiters. LOL Waiting on Hayley and Colten to get here to get some pullets. Of course it has been raining. I am hoping they get here before we get any more rain. It has let up at the moment, but I saw some lightning strikes, so came back in the house. I have things watered, but still need to feed. I just don't want to get struck by lightning.  :o
   I am off today, so will get caught up on the laundry and other household things,. Kevin was up before daylight mowing. It gets too hot later in the day to mow. He mowed till dark last night. We only have a couple more days of this horrible heat. The temps aren't that high, but the humidity is so awful. This little dab of rain we have had is not going to make it any better later.
  Well, the thunder is getting quieter, so I think I will get things fed. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 07:28:39 AM »
Good Morning

It is so quiet in house. Letting kids sleep in and Ross is still gone. Enjoying this little moment. On tap for today.. Haul hay, water plants, pickup around yard (stuff that goes to shop), maybe put out fall decorations, laundry, dishes,etc. Kids are still in process of moving rooms but not total chaos.Lane will have football practice at 4 so we will have to be there early. They kept predicting rain and we still need some. Bring on the rain. Lots to do
 Winona enjoy your time off ( from the paying job, sounds like you will be busy at home)
Coffee time...
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 08:28:09 AM »
Good morning, ladies.

This heat is terrible.  We are under a heat advisory today.  It just saps my strength when it's like this.  I wish the humidity was gone.  I think I could handle the heat a lot better without it.

I'm leaving in a bit to run to the library and grocery store.  I'd like to get back before it gets much hotter.  When I get home, I would like to work on my meal plans for September.  It will be here before you know it.  My days go a lot smoother when I have the meals planned.

Gotta run...Emily is waiting on me.

Supper tonight is homemade pizza with a salad.

Have a good day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 08:58:53 AM »
Morning Ladies!

Pretty quiet day around here.  Jean separated his shoulder (tore/separated 2+ of the ligaments that hold the pieces in place) Tuesday night at CrossFit, so we spent Wednesday going from the doctor to the radiology department for x-rays and then back to the doctor.  Yesterday we were out running errands most of the day, so today is mostly back to 'normal'.  He's going to my gym with me in a little bit (he's not a member, so even without the injury he couldn't do anything, just motivate me and check the place out ;)), and I don't know what we'll get up to after that.  Thankfully it's overcast here, so not as hot as it could be. I need to do some basic maintenance cleaning around the house, especially since we're having people over Sunday afternoon, so maybe I can set him up with a movie or something this afternoon and get that done. 

Sorry for the disjointed post today - my brain gets a little scattered when things don't go according to plan ;D!

Dinner tonight is steak and corn on the grill (if J feels up to grilling).

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

M :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:01:52 AM »
Good morning,

We are also going to have very hot temps today.  Next week looks much better with it not getting so hot. 

I am sick with a terrible cold and sore throat.  Also, feel like it may be going to my chest.  I will go to the med stop over the weekend if it gets in my chest.  I need to get better by Monday so I will be able to keep Grayson.  I know I am bragging....but he is just the sweetest baby.  Hard to believe he will be 2 on Thanksgiving day. 

We had another showing of our home this morning.  Have not heard how it went.  Sure feels strange having other people look at your home.  At times we are super excited about downsizing and a change and other times we get all sentimental. 

I am doing some laundry today as I got behind with it with keeping Grayson an extra day this week.  I don't have a lot of energy with being sick, so I will just do what I can.

I plan to do lots of reading this afternoon.

Wishing you all a blessed day and weekend.
Love,
Cathy

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »
Good morning!

Home from the drop off rounds and yoga at the Y.  Went out and put fresh water in the chicken wading pool.  We had a brief drop into the 90's yesterday (99, but hey, it counts, right?) but are back in the 100's today, with humidity.  We are usually quite dry in summer here but it has been unusually humid this summer.  I saw we have a chance to cool down to the mid-90's late next week with a high chance for rain.  Hope we get loads of rain...we sure need it.  Seems like we've been on water restrictions forever.

I've got my sheets in the dryer, clothes in the washer, and just had a snack of Greek yogurt and berries.  Getting ready to make a cup of coffee (my first for the day) and talk by phone with a friend for a bit, then need to do some pickup around here.

Dinner tonight is homemade pizza.  Maddy made a double recipe of crust last Saturday but then 3 of our kids ended up eating elsewhere.  So she made up two pizzas and put the other half of the dough in the fridge.  We'll use that for the kids today and I'll make a low-carb crust for Earl and me.  I think Maddy is going to a birthday party this evening for a girl from church.

Kids were excited to get to NOT wear uniforms to school today.  :)  It's the little things, right?  Plus, I let them buy lunch.  Morgan was thrilled to eat fish nuggets.  :P

Have a great weekend, all!
Catherine
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:54:34 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »
Mandy - I hope Jean feels better soon!

Cathy - Feel better!  And you have every right to brag - it is a grandma's job.  Good luck on selling the house.  I am sure it is hard but I know you will be happy in the end.  😊

Not much going on here today.  Doug took Zac back to school and is on his way home.  Because my back got much worse yesterday, I couldn't go so I am pretty sad today.  😢 I called the doctor and they started me back on the steroid which will hopefully help me get through the weekend.  I get my epidural shot on Monday.  I put a request in the prayer section.  If you wouldn't mind looking at it, I would really appreciate it.

The girls are here taking care of me until Doug gets home.  They have been a great help but I can tell it is hard on Molly to see me this way.  Once I am better, we will have to do something special for them.

I am not sure what we are doing for dinner.  There are some leftovers I think but we will decide when Doug gets home.

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »
Catherine - Sounds like a good day and like the kids are enjoying school.  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Denise

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 12:25:25 PM »
TGIF!! :)  Am I right ladies?  Been a busy week and glad for the weekend to be about here. ;)  Well, let's see, I have laundry going (when don't I?) and dishes running, and the kids are finishing lunch.  As for the rest of the day, I am going to try to finish painting the front door (it is kinda difficult so it takes a while, but I am almost finished).  That will mean that all the outdoor painting is done for a year or two. :) We also need to finish off the yardwork, since it supposed to be even hotter this weekend, if that is even possible.  Weedeating is a must at this point.  Was thinking of doing our big off season stock-up at Kohls tonight because it is the biggest saving time over the next week, but I really don't feel like going so we will see.  Really don't need to miss it though because we depend on those super low prices and extra discounts for all the kids clothes for next summer. :)  Just seriously not in the mood. :P

Wednesday night we decided to visit a new church.  Glad we did. :)  The people there were very nice and seemed very accepting of our larger family.  As you can imagine, even people from church have had harsh words for us in the past.  Shouldn't be that way, but it is.  Anyway people said some of the sweetest things to us and made us feel very welcomed.  We may go visit again soon. :)  Planning on it. :) 

Winona- I have been thinking of you lots lately and hoping that this changeover is working out.  Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself.  Sometimes a change of scenery does a person good. I guess the paycheck does too! ;)   Love you as always, friend.

Mandy-  I am so sorry about Jean's shoulder.  Is it just me, or after you hit 30, do injuries just seem easier to get?

Denise-  I read the prayer section and am so sorry of the hard time you are going through.  Debilitating pain is hard enough, but it is extra hard to deal with when you are a mom with all sorts of other responsibilities.  Sounds like Doug and the kids are rising to the call and helping out as best they can.  Praying.

Cathy-  Hope you get better over the weekend and that all your house showing pays off soon. :)

I just wanted to say that I am very thankful to have all of you ladies to talk with each day.  It has been so nice to make some new friends.  I really appreciate you all accepting me into your little group.   You have all been so sweet. ;) 

Well, I am hoping to spend a wonderful weekend with my family.  You girls do the same! :) 

Lindsay

Offline Rooney

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 04:03:53 PM »
Good morning, ladies.

This heat is terrible.  We are under a heat advisory today.  It just saps my strength when it's like this.  I wish the humidity was gone.  I think I could handle the heat a lot better without it.

I'm leaving in a bit to run to the library and grocery store.  I'd like to get back before it gets much hotter.  When I get home, I would like to work on my meal plans for September.  It will be here before you know it.  My days go a lot smoother when I have the meals planned.

Gotta run...Emily is waiting on me.

Supper tonight is homemade pizza with a salad.

Have a good day! :)

Cheryl, I have felt the same way the last few days- zapped, no energy.  We have even had to use the extra window air conditioner on top of the regular AC just to keep up with this awful humidity. :P

Offline Cathie

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 07:22:43 AM »
love reading about your days  ;D :-*