Author Topic: Saturday August 23  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Cathie

Saturday August 23
« on: August 23, 2014, 07:25:44 AM »
Good morning ladies ~

It's been FOREVER since I have been here and I missed you all  :-*

Today is finishing laundry and some cleaning.  I am hoping to meal plan and get myself organized with school coming up.  This last full week before school has a lot in it so it's going to be very busy.

Today my girlfriends are singing in a jazz festival so I will go and listen and take pictures for them.

Dinner tonight will be ............ not sure  ;) haven't mentally gotten that far yet

Have a great day

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Saturday August 23
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:29:53 AM »
Good morning, Cathie and all who follow! I hope your day is going well! Cathie, it's nice to see you!

We just came home from our big splurge--McDonald's coffee. Yum! That's the best way to spend $1 in my opinion!  ;)

Today is grocery shopping and lots of laundry. I never seem to catch up, but I do keep trying!

Not sure on dinner tonight, maybe sloppy joes and fruit salad.

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 07:33:43 AM »
Good morning.

Cathie, glad you are back.  You've been missed around here. ;)

I am sitting here surrounded by a stack of notebooks, recipe boxes, cookbooks, and a calendar.  I am trying really hard to find some inspiration in planning my September menu, but not having much luck.  When I finish with this I need to do some housework.  It's too hot to be outside so I might as well be in here cleaning. 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:38:51 AM »
thanks Jennie  :-*

Thanks Cheryl  :-* -- you and I seem in the same boat -- I am hoping the menus decided themselves  ;D ;D

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:24:07 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It rained off and on most of the day yesterday. That created some really high humidity when the sun did peak through the clouds. It is still cloudy and humid today. I think we just have today and tomorrow of this high heat and humidity, then it is supposed to get back down into the 80s.  ;)
   Hayley and Colten came and caught their chickens. He is such a wonderful young man. We love him already. He caught all but two of them. I caught 2. LOL They built their little house on his parents land, so they are using his mom's chicken house. His mom wanted some too, so I think they ended up with about 23 pullets and 2 roos. I am just happy to see the chicks going to a good home. We will have to butcher anything that is left. Most of the ones left are roosters.
   I got caught up on everything yesterday, so I am ready to begin another week. I work 4 days, then have 2 off. I have my routine down now. So everything flows naturally once I start. Of course things happen that sometimes changes my routine, but that is life.
   You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 10:42:23 AM »
YAY!!! CATHIE'S BACK!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies.
The sun is out today and it is HOT! But we've seen rain all week.  So kind of nice to see the sun. Last night I made calzones for dinner and Chad and I had an at home date night. We had a pretty good time just talking and watching tv.  We turned off the phones, etc. It was great.
I finally got my menu for September done. Its pretty easy for me. I know I've only got a small budget to work with and we have lots of meatless meals and lots of breakfasts for dinner. What I dislike though, is we have a lot of repeat dinners. I'm afraid its getting old to Chad. But he knows I'm doing the best I can with what he and I both make financially.
I finally got the laundry all caught up! Yesterday I swept and mopped the bathrooms, kitchen. The rest of the house is in good shape. So I'm going to spend today just being lazy. When the sun goes down, we may go outside and sit on the deck and light the citronella candles.  Its so relaxing to sit outside in the evenings.
Any of you ready to decorate for Fall or am I jumping the gun? I'm ready for pumpkins, cinnamon candles, etc. I am not ready for the winter that follows if we have another like we had last year. But I am ready for the leaves to change and a new season!
You ladies have a great day! oh, dinner tonight will be breakfast! Wouldnt ya know it! lol
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 03:06:29 PM »
Good afternoon!

Sitting here catching up a bit online.  We had a fun but full morning and I'm pretty tired, lol.  Did a yoga class at the Y this morning, mostly to get Earl to try it.  He has such back and knee issues and I think the stretching might help (I have hip and back issues and it is feeling good for me).  Then he showed the kids how to do some raquetball, and we all swam for a while.  We came home and heated up some fried rice for lunch, then all had quiet time or naps. 

Not a whole lot planned for the evening.  We had a change of plans last night with the four kids going to a friend's for dinner and Maddy had a b-day party.  So Earl and I snagged the opportunity for a date at a new little Mexican place we had only been to once before.  We split one of their huge orders of nachos and a piece of sopapilla cheesecake.  So, tonight we're having the homemade pizza scheduled for last night.  Maddy is babysitting at 6:30 so I guess will eat there with the kids.  I checked out some Beverly Hillbillies DVDs from the library and we might play some board games or Uno.

Cathie, glad to see you!
Bobbie, I'm ready for much cooler weather (104 today, ick) but not the decorating.  Still seems too hot for pumpkins, lol.

Happy Saturday!
Catherine

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 08:13:05 PM »
Good evening ladies,

Still feeling awful.  Jon took me to the med stop this morning.  They had to do 2 breathing treatments on me before they would let me go home.  I am still tight as a tick in my chest and wheezing.  The doctor put me on a zillion medications plus using breathing treatments at home.  My fever is going down, so that is a good thing.  I told Logan to ask if Morgan, Jordie's sister, if she could watch Grayson on Monday.  I'm hoping to be all better by Tuesday to watch him.

Jon has taken such great care of me today.....he's such a good and kind man!!

I always enjoy reading about your days.

Denise....sure have been praying for you.  I know it's been a tough day for you.  Hugs!!

Have a blessed Sunday tomorrow everyone.

Love,
Cathy

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 08:27:17 PM »
Good evening ladies,

Still feeling awful.  Jon took me to the med stop this morning.  They had to do 2 breathing treatments on me before they would let me go home.  I am still tight as a tick in my chest and wheezing.  The doctor put me on a zillion medications plus using breathing treatments at home.  My fever is going down, so that is a good thing.  I told Logan to ask if Morgan, Jordie's sister, if she could watch Grayson on Monday.  I'm hoping to be all better by Tuesday to watch him.

Jon has taken such great care of me today.....he's such a good and kind man!!

I always enjoy reading about your days.

Denise....sure have been praying for you.  I know it's been a tough day for you.  Hugs!!

Have a blessed Sunday tomorrow everyone.

Love,
Cathy

Oh Cathy, hate to hear you're having trouble with breathing.  Glad Jon took you in and hope the meds are helpful.  Praying for you to feel better quickly!

Love ya,
Catrat

Offline Cathie

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 05:48:02 AM »
Thanks for the welcome backs -- you are all so sweet

Cathy - so sorry you are still so ill.  I hope the meds and treatments help the turn around. You Jon is a wonderful man. :-*

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
Cathy - I hope you are feeling better now.

Denise