Author Topic: Monday, August 25, 2014  (Read 977 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, August 25, 2014
« on: August 25, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, August 25, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »
When typing the date I couldnt believe it! Yikes! Busy time of year with actual garden produce coming in, after telling neighbor sure I will take some garden stuff(cucumbers, zuchinni, tomatoes, beets, potatoes and eggs, awesome neighbor!) When I went down to my garden after saying it was producing it was loaded!  So feeling a little over whelmed so decided to clean off desk and get that off my mind and getting ready for camping this weekend. We have guys coming to look at calves today so need things clean and picked up. We need to haul hay but to wet,thank heavens! Next week Ross will be spraying and I will be cutting our sudan grass for hay. Finishing laundry and dishes and as soon as I finish desk work I will start on canning. I need my refridgerator and walk in cleaned out desparately. I might get my mom to help tomorrow. I ended up meeting Megan 1/2 way yesterday as her laptop broke so I sent mine tell she figures out something. She went to Dr this morning for her knees have been bothering her so she has physcal therapy for a month then they will scope her if that doesnt work. Washing machine is playing its done song. The kids want to change the tune. Ha

Have a great day
Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   We had a pop up storm during the night. I didn't even know it was coming in. We got 1/2 inch of rain. Kevin mowed a lot of the garden off last night. He left the peppers, melons, and a few tomatoes. Tomatoes did not do much this year. Potatoes were the best we ever had. Peppers did good, melons and pumpkins did good. We also had several green beans. That is about the sum of our garden this year. I planted 18 eggplants and never even got enough to eat my fill. LOL Oh well, that is the way gardening goes. I think we will mainly just plant in raised beds next year. Our fall crop that we planted in those are doing well. I even have beans blooming.  :D
   I stopped by to see one of my twin brothers, Ron last night. It was his and Don's birthday. I talked to Don on the phone. Really tickled Ron that I stopped by. Ron's daughter, Madison and Larry's son, Adam were there visiting. So I got to see my brother, a niece and a nephew all at one time.  ;) Tonight after work, I will stop by mom's and take care of here bills and meds. She has been worried that I wouldn't do them for her, although I have reassured her. It is just easier to get it done that to have her nag me day after day. Sorry if that sounded unkind. If you knew my mom, you would understand. LOL
   I cut out the fabric for a new purse/bag yesterday. Probably won't work on it till my time off, Wed. and Thurs. Kind of looking forward to doing a bit of sewing again. I also want to get a quilt sandwiched so I can have a project to work on in the evenings when it cools down.
   We have been sharing our potatoes with family and people I work with. We just have too many for us. Makes me feel good to see the smile on people's faces when I tell them they are organic.  ;)
   Well, I need to fix something to eat, then it will soon be time to get around. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »
Good afternoon!  I haven't posted in a long time!  School started today and the change in our schedule seemed like a good time to make a change in some other areas, which includes posting here! I need some accountability!

In May I was called to serve in the women's organization of my church (called the Relief Society).  We had a meeting today that took up most of my morning.  So the only homemaking I've done today is make lunches.  :) 

In about 10 minutes I have to leave to pick up the high school carpool.  Our assigned high school is about 8 miles away, while the "local" high school is only 3.  So we applied for Christie to go to THS instead of CHS.  She was accepted to THS but that means we have to provide transportation.  Luckily two neighbor girls across the street are also going to THS so we agreed that the other family will take all 3 girls to school in the morning then I will pick them up afterward.  I'm sure glad I don't have to go back and forth to school every day, twice a day.

So Christie is in 10th grade, Jordan is in 8th grade and Alex will start kindergarten next week.  This week is kindergarten assessments.  So after next Tuesday I'll just have Nathan at home.  I need to post pictures. :)

I don't think I'll get much more done than the basics today.  I do need to wash Alex and Nathan's clothes and change their sheets and tidy their room.  I think that's all I'll try to get done today.

Tonight's dinner is vegetarian fajitas, spanish rice, black beans and fruit.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Merilee

Offline Cathie

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 02:27:26 PM »
good afternoon, way late afternoon ladies  ;)

I did not get as much done as I would have like today but I did let the kids have a pool party today --- so score me some mama points  ;D

I need to work on my laundry and cleaning but now I am hot and tired  ;)

I hate to run but got to go and get things on the move here

Have a great night everyone