Author Topic: Friday, August 29  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday, August 29
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:27:03 AM »
Good morning.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Friday, August 29
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 06:49:26 AM »
Good morning, Cheryl, and all after!

Having some coffee and thinking about breakfast.  We got rain last night, both early evening and in the night.  Yippee!  It is so crazy dry here that we need every drop.  It's also cooler out...think the high is only supposed to be 93 or thereabouts.  Sounds great after the last few weeks.

Earl took today off.  With it being a "training holiday" on post, most people in his office took off the Friday to make it a 4-day weekend since they're already off Monday.  He has sometimes worked the Friday of one of these but been the only in his area, so this time he decided he'd take the day off.  We can spend it together after taking kids to school.  We're so exciting...will head to the Y to work out, then head to TSC for dog food, then probably piddle around the house as my mom would say.  :)

Morgan is being baptized Sunday.  Other than that, no real plans for the weekend.

Have a great weekend!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:17:48 AM »
Good morning

Heading camping today so lots to do. Things that I planned on having done before I left will have to wait till I get home.  I seem to run out of time whenever camping comes around.  Looking forward to probably last camping trip of the year. I will spare you my list it is overwhelming

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »
Morning!

Cheryl:  Good morning!!

Catherine: Oh, Morgan is being baptized!  How exciting!  I do hope you'll share some photos :)

Janice: Have a great time camping!

Another simple day around here.  I'm doing some NSA work now (the boss is back from vacation, so catching up on stuff she needs), and I'll hit the gym with mom around noon.  I did a bunch of laundry and little jobs around the house yesterday, so not much more than maintenance to do today.  Jean has a gig tonight, so it's just me for dinner (which of course means I'm tempted to get Thai food ;D).

Have a wonderful day, lovely ladies!
Mandy 
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:57:10 AM »
Good morning, ladies.

Today, we complete the first week of our homeschool year!  Its going very well so far.  Very proud of my boys  :)

I think that we will go to the library this morning.  We need to get cards here but I need to find my home rental agreement first with our address on it so we can get cards.  Other than that; its laundry, cleaning, getting Trev to swim practice and I think that the hubs and I may go out tonight.  I do love the time we are getting together since he has "normal" work hours now. 

Dinner tonight.. I am not sure yet.  I have bourbon chicken planned but if the hubs and I go to dinner that will change the plan.

Have a great day ladies!

Janice - enjoy camping!
Mandy - have fun at the gym!  I love going!
Cheryl - have a great weekend!
Catherine - how cool about Morgan!  I know you are proud :)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 11:35:02 AM »
Hi girls!

I am getting the laundry finished for the day and waiting for hubby to get home here in a few hours.  Looking forward to spending an extra day and a half with him this weekend. :)  I have to admit, I am kinda disappointed that we aren't going on vacation this week as planned. :P  Just didn't work out. :P  I will take the extra time with him home though and be happy with that! ;)  We may all head to Home Depot, either when he gets home, or may wait till tomorrow, depends on what he wants to do.  Nothing but home maintenance stuff planned and lots of family time.

Catherine, congratulations on Morgan!! :) :) :) You must be beaming! :) :) :) I can't remember the last time it was just me and hubby the whole day. ???  Before kids, I believe. :)

Janice, your camping trips sound like so much fun! :)

Erica, so glad school is going well for you.  We started two weeks ago and things are progressing better that I had imagined. Have fun if you and your hubby get a night out. :)

Mandy, would you believe I have never had Thai food?  Sounds like I'm missing something good.  Have fun at the gym. :)

Cheryl, where did you go? LOL :)

Gotta go. Lots to do.

You all have a blessed weekend.

Lindsay

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »

Cheryl, where did you go? LOL :)

Lindsay - I had to run to Walmart to check coffee prices!   ;D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 08:38:37 AM »

Mandy, would you believe I have never had Thai food?  Sounds like I'm missing something good.  Have fun at the gym. :)

I hadn't either until I was about 32.  Jean's beloved aunt was coming home from hospice and we had all gathered around to say our last goodbyes. There was a lot of sitting around and free time, so Jean, his brother, and I went out to get some dinner, and they chose Thai food.  I was kind of wary since I'm not a big fan of 'unknown' foods, but after that first time I was HOOKED!  It's one of the only things I actually crave now.  I pretty much always get the same dish (Pad See Ew), because it's so delicious I don't want to risk getting anything else that won't be as good.  How ridiculous is that ;D?

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥