Author Topic: Recipe help needed  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Momtoseven

Recipe help needed
« on: September 02, 2014, 11:59:47 AM »
Hi Ladies,

While reading posts last week one caught my eye and I can't remember where I saw it.  It was for a Cracked Wheat sourdough bread and it may have been written by Cheryl.  If it sounds familiar to anyone and she could direct me to it I would be most grateful.

Thanks so much,
Ellen

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Recipe help needed
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:05 PM »
I just saw this!  Alice posted it on the 'Prepping your pantry for winter' thread :)

http://titus2homemakers.com/forum/index.php?topic=821.0;topicseen
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:03:36 PM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Momtoseven

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »
Woo Hoo, Mandy - that is it exactly.  This bread recipe sounds wonderful - I'm going to try it soon.

Thanks again - you're a lifesaver.

Ellen

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 07:02:44 AM »
Hi Ellen,
Yes, it is in the "prepping for the pantry" because I was talking about my pantry and comments led to the recipe.

If the mods need/want to move it to recipes section, please feel free.

I have to say that my sourdough starter isn't super thick more of a pourable pancake batter consistency so maybe a bit more water or milk to make that soft dough might be necessary.

The recipe originally came from allrecipes, but it didn't have yeast (because of the sourdough) nor salt and it had a few more seeds in it. I don't prefer all those other seeds in my recipes so I tweeked the recipe to make it my own and we LOVE this bread.  It is so worth trying.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Momtoseven

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:36:43 AM »
Thanks, Alice - we love sourdough and cracked wheat so it sounds like a match made in heaven :)

Many thanks,
Ellen