Author Topic: Wednesday, Sept. 3  (Read 830 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, Sept. 3
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:35:01 AM »
Good morning!

Have I ever started a daily?  I'm not sure! :)

It's a nice cool morning.  It'll get up to about 85 later.  It's been dry lately so I'm watering the front lawn right now.  We do have an automatic watering system but it seems the section for the front lawn has a sensor that went out so it hasn't worked for 2 summers.  So I've been watering with a hose and butterfly sprinkler. 

Today's going to be busy.  I need to do laundry and ironing.  The house needs picking up.  All 4 kids have dental appointments this afternoon.  I need to make bread.  I'd really like to sweep and mop my kitchen floor.  I want to set up my preschool corner for Nathan.  I'm sure I will find lots of other little things to do here and there throughout the day.  My teens have church youth group tonight.

Dinner--I don't know.  I'll go look at my menu later and see if I need to pull anything out of the freezer.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Wednesday, Sept. 3
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »
Hey Merilee!  I never start them either :)

Hello everyone else!  Where is everyone today?

It's busy around here today.  I went to my first yoga class at the gym this morning, then did my circuit in the gym afterwards.  I got a text from Jean as I was leaving, asking if I could help him unload some sheets of wood at the church.  At 4 this afternoon I need to be back at the church to decorate that wood and make it into backdrops for the next sermon series, then I have choir at 7PM.  Whew!!  In between I've got some computer work to do, so I'd best get to it.

Have a great day, all!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

Re: Wednesday, Sept. 3
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »
Hi Mandy, Merilee and everyone else.

Thought I would post a little while the kids finish lunch.  Been doing lots of organizing and cleaning around here lately.  Does anyone else's kids put things in all sorts of places that they know they don't go?  One of my lower cabinets in the kitchen that is only supposed to have paper towels and trash bags in it, also had a pair of shoes, a tote top, and get this, a drill. ???  Just put some laundry in and in the laundry basket found a disposable diaper, some drywall screws, and a plastic bowling pin. :)  I know they know where things go, so I have started singing the old Sesame Street song to them, the one that goes.................
Three of these things are not like the oth-er.
Three of these things just do not be-long.
Can ya guess which thing is not like the oth-er by the time I finish this song?
Do do do do do.....anyway you know the tune, right? 
My oldest gets a kick out of it and the littles like the game and all the stuff gets put in the right place. :)

Need to finish up school this afternoon, and get a few more loads of laundry done.  Also, I need to dust.  I detest dusting. :P  It is the chore I least like to do and it seems that just as soon as I finish, 2 days later it just looks the same.  I feel like, "Well, that is two hours I can't get back." :P  Supper tonight will be chicken breast and veggies for me, and the kids have been wanting pancakes, so I may give in and get the griddle out later. (maybe not, it takes forever to cook enough, like 8 batches or something)  When hubby gets home we will finish repainting the kitchen ceiling from when we fixed a leak from earlier on.  Got lots of salad stuff planted last night, so that should be about it.

Mandy- are you tired yet? What a day! :)

Merilee- good to hear from you.

Have a great day today girls! :)

Lindsay