Author Topic: What do you use to grease your bread pans?  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Mountain Mama

What do you use to grease your bread pans?
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:15:53 PM »
Just curious to see what others do.  So far I keep falling back on no-stick spray.  I use the kind with flour added in.  It seems like there ought to be a better way.  The stuff works but  I would like something with better ingredients.  I'm kind of tired of cleaning up the residue too.  The spray goes everywhere and leaves a film.  I keep forgetting to take off my glasses before spraying the pan and that is not good.

Offline Rooney

Re: What do you use to grease your bread pans?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:25:18 PM »
I actually have never used the non-stick sprays, mostly because I don't like that they have to use a propellant in them. :P  I have always just used good old butter and then lightly dusted the pans with whatever flour I am using.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:02:45 PM »
I am guilty of using that non stick spray, as well. However I ran out over a month ago and have been just using shortening. And I will dust with flour too if i dont forget. The few times I have forgotten, my products still came out ok :)
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:51:30 PM »
I use a coconut oil spray

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 07:45:45 AM »
I use a sprayer that I can fill with olive oil and then pump it up for the pressure but I only spray the short sides of the pan.  The long sides and the bottom get a length of parchment paper so the only thing to wash are the short sides.  It helps a lot to remove the bread from the pans using the parchment paper also. Hubby taught me this one!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »
I have used both sprays and butter.  I like the coconut oil spray Lindsay mentioned, but sometimes pick up the cheaper stuff at the commissary rather than making a special trip to get the other.  I like the taste of the bread a little better with butter.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 12:18:52 AM »
I need to really look into this coconut oil a little more. I understand it is healthier for you. Does it taste much different than any other oil? I dont plan on eating it by the spoonfuls or anything ;) But just a little curious about it.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.