Author Topic: Just for fun, what is your favorite?  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Rooney

Just for fun, what is your favorite?
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:40:41 PM »
We don't have public tv (except for news/weather), cable or any satellite tv at our house.  We do however, order movies that we like and tv series off of amazon frequently.  I also did watch some tv when we were first married.  I have been watching some of my favorites over the last few weeks while doing my ironing, fixing clothes or any work that requires sitting. 

Thought it might be fun to see what everyone's favorites are.  You know, kinda neat to see how everyone's tastes differ?  Let's say, what are your favorite 3 movies and tv series of all time?

Guess I will go first. :)

TV SHOWS
1.  Everybody Loves Raymond
2.  Seinfeld
3.  The Incredible Hulk (the old one)

MOVIES
1.  What About Bob?
2.  Richer or Poorer
3.  Funny Farm

Offline Cheryl

Re: Just for fun, what is your favorite?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 06:09:26 AM »
Fun thread!  :)

We have Dish, but I don't watch a lot of it.  I used to enjoy television, but now I prefer to read.

TV Shows

1.  Andy Griffith show
2. Ghost Hunters
3. Dateline

Movies

1.The Help
2. ??
3.??

BTW, I like Everybody Loves Raymond too. ;)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 07:32:12 AM »
TV shows:
1. Designing women (oldie but goodie)
2. Little House on the Prairie
3. The Waltons
(I reckon they are all oldies but goodies ;) )

Movies:
1. Steel magnolias
2. ?
3. ?
(I dont really watch a lot of movies...)

~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 07:32:32 AM »
Oh, wait, I LOVE Home Alone 1 and 2!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 08:01:46 AM »
Bobbie, I like The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie.  Weren't those older shows better than what's on now?

A few more of my favorites are Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and I Love Lucy.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »
Oh, how fun!  I have a few all-time favorites, but I'll admit that our TV is on All. The. Time.  I work from home, and I like having the background noise of something like Dr. Phil or Food Network (something I don't really have to pay a lot of attention to).  So, let's see...

TV SHOWS
1. Gilmore Girls
2. Little House on the Prairie
3. Big Bang Theory

MOVIES
1. Harry Potter series (can I list a whole series ;D?) 
2. Angela's Ashes
3. Fiddler on the Roof

Super fun thread!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 09:36:56 AM »
Oh, I love Big Bang Theory!

Cheryl, those older shows were way better than whats on today! I would have loved to been alive back in those times. My mom says I'm crazy and wouldnt survive it! lol

Mandy, I like having the food network on, as well. I LOVE the pioneer woman! She makes so many yummy looking things on there! With ingredients I've actually heard of! Thats always a plus!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 10:37:38 AM »

Mandy, I like having the food network on, as well. I LOVE the pioneer woman! She makes so many yummy looking things on there! With ingredients I've actually heard of! Thats always a plus!

I have my little TV routine... Dr. Phil (in the background) on the DVR until about 2 or 3PM, then I have on Little House on the Hallmark Channel (again, just in the background) until 5, which is when Pioneer Woman comes on.  I actually watch Pioneer Woman, then get up to make dinner while I put on Gilmore Girls (DVR) on in the background ;D.
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 11:36:08 AM »
Wow!  I figured everyone would think this thread was kinda silly and bypass it. :)

Oh Mandy, I totally forgot about the Gilmore Girls!  I liked that show so much that my first daughter almost got named Lorelei. ;D  Well, now I know what is going on my next dvd order.  A season or two of these.  I noticed that they always switch up which seasons are on sale on tv series, so sometimes I have buy them out of order.  Eventually I can collect the whole series that way. ;)

Cheryl, anytime I am folding laundry (at least an hour a day), Everybody Loves Raymond is on.  It doesn't matter how many times I watch them, they are still funny.   I love Frank and Marie.  I think partly because they remind me a bit of my paternal grandparents. ;)  My grandmother always said the "Hello Dear" and she begun sentences with "well, my dear" and she also was quite talented with the compliment that really.....uhum.....wasn't one.  Oh, and she had you eat whether you wanted too or not. :)  And my my grandfather kept telling her to quit talking all the time.  Ahhhh, good memories. :)

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 12:03:05 PM »
So glad I'm not the only one in the world with the TV on ALL the time, Mandy!!
I'm not sitting in front of it all day by any means, but it is on for the noise factor.

Can't really narrow down my favorites, but I do like a good sit com (Big Bang, The Goldbergs, etc.) as well as some good crime dramas (Law & Order reruns, NCIS, NCIS L.A., Criminal Minds).

I don't do much reality TV except The Biggest Loser (season starts tonight!!)  & Survivor.  Can't stand any of the other reality stuff!!

I also love my Downton Abbey time!!

Thank goodness for the DVR!  Otherwise, it looks like I would be sitting in front of the TV all the time!  LOL!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 02:36:24 PM »
Mandy - Gilmore Girls will be on Netflix instant starting October 1st  :D

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 02:40:42 PM »
Of all time... that adds a twist to it.  There are many I like but for all time favorites, here is my list

TV:
Friends
The Cosby Show
Little House on the Prairie

Movies:
Forrest Gump
A League of Their Own
Harry Potter series

over the next few weeks we should do favorites in other areas... comedy, drama, current shows, songs, bands... could be fun  ;)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 03:03:17 PM »
Of all time... that adds a twist to it.  There are many I like but for all time favorites, here is my list

TV:
Friends
The Cosby Show

Movies:
Forrest Gump
A League of Their Own
Harry Potter series

over the next few weeks we should do favorites in other areas... comedy, drama, current shows, songs, bands... could be fun  ;)

Erica, that is such a good idea! :D  Kinda like we did with the ingredient of the day.  I will volunteer to start a different thread on it a couple of times a week, if no one else wants to. :)

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »
Erica- I heard!! As if owning the box set of all seasons and watching it on my DVR every day isn't enough  ;D

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 08:01:20 PM »
I saw this earlier and want to join in, but am not sure I can pick 3 favorite movies.  There have been movies I really liked, but I guess I tend to like TV shows better overall.

As for TV shows, that's a tough one.  I'm going to go with the following, for now:

Downton Abbey/tied with Call the Midwife
Ballykissangel (but I also loved Monarch of the Glen)

And I really liked Jericho. Going to have to check out Gilmore Girls with all these good reviews.  :)