Author Topic: Wed. Sept. 17th  (Read 1958 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Wed. Sept. 17th
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:06:20 AM »
Good morning,
   It is going to be a long, long day for me. I am off today and tomorrow, but I have to go in at 7 and put groceries away. I woke up at 2:55 and could not go back to sleep.  :( After rolling around for a bit, I just got up. I have stripped the bed and have the laundry sorted. I have had my cup of coffee while doing my Bible reading. Now I am going to eat a yogurt and just piddle until time to leave for work.  ::) After work I am going straight on to St. Joe. I need to get groceries and a few more odds and ends. It will be afternoon before I get home and I would say I will need a nap. LOL
   I am hoping to get something ready for hand quilting in the evenings after I get home. Not sure that will happen, though, since I still need to get the peppers out of the garden and work them up. I also want to reorganize my little storage shed. We have piled stuff inside it this summer and it needs straightened up. Our old house is getting in pretty bad shape, so I need to make a final go through and decide it anything else in it is worth saving.  :(
   I sure thought of Fern (MIL) yesterday. We were standing in the kitchen at work and looked out the window to see a black squirrel running across the lawn with a nut in his mouth.  ;D She loved watching the squirrels.
   You all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wed. Sept. 17th
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:53:47 AM »
Good morning, Winona & everyone!

I was up at 5, not quite as early as you, Winona, but I went back to bed for a little longer.  I really don't sleep good any more.  I don't know what's going on. :-\

I'm up drinking my coffee before getting started on my day.  I wanted to run to CVS and get a couple of items, but one of my front tires looks bad.  I'm afraid to drive until I get Tony to look at it.  Oh well, I need to save that money anyway. ;)

I have lasagna ready to go in the crock pot.  I made up the meat/sauce mixture yesterday, along with the cheeses.  Now all I need to do is layer it. 

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 06:43:23 AM »
Fun to come to the daily and already see posts.  Today is an interruption day.  Allison is still sick and will see dr and Lane will see dr for knee as coach wouldn't let him practice.  I actually think it is fine but go through the hoops and money.  Ross and I made good progress yesterday on haying. I traded with Ross and stayed out till 7 while he took care of kids and I sat out everything for a spaghetti supper that they made. We also have parent teachers conferences tonight. That takes a while.  I always say there is a reason it takes 2 to parent. So we will be haying and when we are in town we will run errands that I keep saying I will do but never make it to town.  I hope this weekend to really make progress as we will be home most of the weekend.  I was thinking of having friends over Saturday afternoon and doing trap shooting if I get caught up on Friday.  Combiners showed up with headers so hopefully start combining safflower soon!

Winona. Hope you get some rest on your time off.
Cheryl. Hope your tire is a cheap easy fix. I love lasagne, it is so time consuming isn't it.  They will love it.

Coffee time...
Janice
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:17:36 AM by wrancher »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 06:50:38 AM »
Good morning!

Having my breakfast and computer time before we head out the door.  Maddy is gone but I'll take the other four to their respective schools, then stay at Max's school (at the Methodist church) for my Bible study.  Missed the first week last week due to Mal being home sick but have kept up on the homework and am ready to jump in.  It's Beth Moore's Thessalonians study and seems good so far.

After Bible study, I will probably get a fast food lunch out (maybe Chick Fil A as they have great Cobb salads) and then have some errands to run.  Aldi, maybe Hobby Lobby (looking for yarn for a project).

Earl has class and kids have church tonight so no cooking dinner...yay!

Winona, hope you get that nap.   Are black squirrels common there?  I have never seen one that I know of.

Cheryl, hope your tire is an easy and inexpensive fix.

Janice, sounds like an extra busy day for you.  Hope Lane's knee improves and Allison is well soon.

Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 08:39:18 AM »
Good morning!

I haven't posted for a few days, mostly because I check in on my iPad and I'd rather type up posts on my computer. :)

Today's going to be a hot one.  Tomorrow will also be hot, then the heat wave is supposed to break.

Today's shopping day.  I got 6 weeks of menus made up a few weeks ago so that's done.  Just need to check it against my stock and make up a grocery list.  I've got a lot of little errands to run today.  When I get home, it'll be time to put away all the food and stuff and balance the checkbook. And that's pretty much all I will have time for today.  Hope to get the last of the laundry folded and put away in little pockets here and there.

Tonight the teens have church group and Alex has soccer practice.  Steven may be going to his parents' house to help with some stuff--FIL had hip replacement surgery Aug 26 and has been in rehab.  He is going home today and MIL asked for some help getting some little things done.  So I may be flying solo tonight.

Hope you all have a great day.

Merilee

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 12:01:08 PM »
Good Afternoon!

Busy day around here.  Yoga this morning followed by my circuit workout at the gym, then I had my initial chiropractor appointment to figure out/heal this hip injury I'm dealing with.  I'm back home now, have had some lunch, and settled in to some NSA work.  Later is choir practice, though I think Jean is going to work late instead of coming home in time to go to choir, so it'll just be me.  He wants to finish this current job and take it completely off his radar before we leave, and I don't blame him. 

Dinner tonight is...something?  Maybe ;D?  I have ground turkey thawed, so with me being at choir and Jean working late it will be some something quick like turkey burgers or taco meat over a big salad.

Have a wonderful rest of the day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 02:03:18 PM »
Good afternoon ladies  :) I have Friday off so we are leaving tomorrow after work to go camping for the weekend. I spent the morning after my bus run fueling my bus and lugging all the camping gear upstairs. Tonight we need to pick up the few groceries we need for said trip.

We're back to the hot weather although it's quite chilly in the mornings when I head out. My flowers are done after all that snow and cold so I just need to get them cut down now.

Time for work so hope you all have a great day!

Winona are you going to tear down the old house now?

Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 08:32:54 PM »
I was thinking of having friends over Saturday afternoon and doing trap shooting if I get caught up on Friday.

Coffee time...
Janice

I am a country girl from birth and had to look up what this was. ???  Around here we call it skeet. LOL ;)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 08:46:39 AM »
Lindsay, we are about in the middle between you and Janice. We call it trap shooting and skeet shooting. LOL Funny how the same thing is known by other names in different parts of the country.  :D

Laurie, not sure about the tearing down, but we are afraid it will fall down. I suppose we should just give up and tear it down, but it holds a big part of our lives in memories and it is sad to see it go. You know?

Mandy, how did your chiropractor appointment go? I have been considering seeing one, myself. Although I am not sure a chiropractor can help with my nerve pain. That is more than likely caused by my diabetes. I am trying to get better control of my BG.

Cathy, I wouldn't say black squirrels are common here, but they sure are not rare. Where I grew up, about 10 miles north of work, we had black squirrels all the time. I grew up thinking that is the color of squirrels. They are beautiful critters, but quite sassy!  ;)

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 10:54:21 AM »

Mandy, how did your chiropractor appointment go? I have been considering seeing one, myself. Although I am not sure a chiropractor can help with my nerve pain. That is more than likely caused by my diabetes. I am trying to get better control of my BG.

I loved it!  Jean started seeing this chiro a few weeks ago after his shoulder injury, and I knew that I had wanted to start seeing one, I just hadn't taken the initiative to find a doctor yet. 

In mid-July I started having an issue from sitting for long periods of time.  The left side of my tailbone was in pain, but the worst part was the extreme tightness down the back/side of that left leg.  I'm fairly flexible, but I can barely touch my toes unless I take that leg our of the equation by bending that knee.  So, while the pain was not unmanageable, I wanted to nip it in the bud before it got worse, but also wanted to increase my performance and flexibility in my workouts, yoga, and ballet, as well as increase general alignment and overall health.  Our guy specializes in sports medicine and performance, and he started with the Radford Ballet Company, so it's a perfect fit :).

I would definitely urge you to find a doctor and set up a care plan!  I am a firm believer that if the spine is aligned properly, the rest of the body will fall in to place and work at its top ability, since the spine is sort of the 'message center' of the rest of the body.  Keep us posted if you decide to go, and let us know what you think!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 11:39:39 AM »
Lindsay, we are about in the middle between you and Janice. We call it trap shooting and skeet shooting. LOL Funny how the same thing is known by other names in different parts of the country.  :D

Laurie, not sure about the tearing down, but we are afraid it will fall down. I suppose we should just give up and tear it down, but it holds a big part of our lives in memories and it is sad to see it go. You know?

Cathy, I wouldn't say black squirrels are common here, but they sure are not rare. Where I grew up, about 10 miles north of work, we had black squirrels all the time. I grew up thinking that is the color of squirrels. They are beautiful critters, but quite sassy!  ;)

Blessings,
Winona

Those squirrels sound interesting!

I would agree that it would be worth trying a chiro for nerve pain.  Things being out of alignment is what causes many kinds of nerve pain (pinching off things).  I think a lot of people are put off by the fact that it can take several visits if things are really out of whack, but they have to move the spine bit by bit back into place.  Partically, because you can only do it so fast, and partially because, if it could go faster, it would be hard for the body to handle all that movement.  I don't know if I'm explaining this well.

Also, when something like my hip goes out, sometimes it doesn't stay back in the first time.  The muscles around have to adjust to the correct position, and sometimes support is needed (as in my hip belt I have to wear at times).  Anyway, the chiro has been very helpful to me.  Earl is back to going as well.  He has pretty bad degeneration in his back but they can at least help somewhat so he is more comfortable on a day-to-day basis.