Author Topic: Tuesday, September 30, 2014  (Read 1046 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, September 30, 2014
« on: September 30, 2014, 07:15:28 AM »
Good Morning!

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, September 30, 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 07:26:50 AM »
It rained all through the night.  1 1/2" of rain. I made kids take suburban instead of car. Today I am in house all day!  I have to finish the bookwork that needs done by tomorrow is all.  Yes very over whelming!  I got a lot done yesterday.  Lane had his game in rain and they won 36-0.  So nothing exciting. I will get to make a meal for us since we will all be home for supper! I used to think that was crazy why a family couldn't sit down for supper when my kids were little.  When they started sports everything changed.  We are different than most though we eat more from scratch because we have to.  I couldn't afford to eat out for our family very often. I want to make some meals in a jar but I think I will actually put them in a Mylar bag for quick meals when I am in a hurry.  I want to make some for my daughter at college also.  Ok laundry and dishes are calling me

Coffee time.....
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 07:28:58 AM »
Good morning!

I haven't posted for a few days due to not being on my computer.

The past few days have been rainy and cool--even cold.  I've loved it!

Yesterday I took my two younger boys up the canyon to see the leaves.  The aspens were practically glowing against the gray sky and dark green of the pines.  Beautiful!

Today is an at-home day except for running Alex to school and a soccer game tonight.  I need to do laundry, ironing, general house tidying, check/pay bills, balance checkbook, clean up the office, make plans for Alex's birthday, prepare for two meetings I have tomorrow, and a whole bunch of other things I'm sure I will find to do through the day.  My office desperately needs some attention.  I also want to do some cooking to clean out the fridge a bit before grocery shopping tomorrow.

I set up a little school corner last week and it's worked out really nice for Alex to have a space to do his kindergarten homework packet.  Instead of sending homework every day, the teacher sends home a packet at the beginning of the month with a list and schedule of activities to do every day.  Since this is K, the only *required* thing is the literacy charts, which right now is focusing on identifying upper and lower case letters and sight words.  We need to finish September's packet.

Hope you all have a great day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »
The days of saying just a home day is over! Just came in from helping DH feed calves and move them to a different pen and add more feed bunks. Then I went to shop and cut boot tops off old boots that I need to make for a benefit auction. I make boot frame mirrors and donate them to help raise money for a family in need. The auction is Oct 12 so I need to make tracks!!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 01:48:32 PM »
Janice, that is so sweet of you to do. What are boot frame mirrors?

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »
I take old cowboy  boots and take the tops of them (the fancy stitching part) and we have this iron worker thing that just chops them off. Then I take the top and split it in 1/2 so I have 4 tops off a pair of boots then start laying them around the frame. I took a pic but cant get it to send for some reason. I will keep trying