Author Topic: 79 days  (Read 7488 times)

Offline Cathie

79 days
« on: October 06, 2014, 06:37:06 AM »
 :o :o :o :o

yup 79 days till Christmas 2014

I'll be laying on the floor trying to get over that shock

someone come and get me when they get up

:o :o :o :o :o :o

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh some girl needs a plan like NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cathie

Re: 79 days
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 06:39:39 AM »
Question ~

How do you all plan on dealing with the high costs for baking?

I went to buy butter it's $5 a pound here --- no not organic, just regular old butter!?!?!?!

I am thinking I  may need a new plan for my treats this year, although I will probably try and just figure out a way to deal with it.  I only do certain ones at the holidays and I think we would all be pretty said if I didn't

Just wondering if anyone else has though of this

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »
Let's just say I'm not prepared in any way, shape, or form! :P :D

I have 2 gifts for Emily, but she already knows about them.  I know what I'm getting the grandbabies and that's about it.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 08:35:33 AM »
Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY!!  79 days.......that is frightening right now. :o  Cathie, why did ya have to go and put the number out there for all to see ;D?  I used to be done with Christmas by Thanksgiving. As of today, not one thing bought. :P  Hadn't even given it a thought.........until now.  Thanks for the wake up call. ;) 

Offline Cathie

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 08:39:44 AM »
Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY!!  79 days.......that is frightening right now. :o  Cathie, why did ya have to go and put the number out there for all to see ;D?  I used to be done with Christmas by Thanksgiving. As of today, not one thing bought. :P  Hadn't even given it a thought.........until now.  Thanks for the wake up call. ;)

;D ;D that's what I a here for  ;) :-* :-*

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 08:42:04 AM »
I think I may have a plan, but not quite sure about that.  :o

My plan is to go as cheap as possible.  ;D

I am trying to get over my hang-ups on giving used items for gifts. I will be buying the kids new gifts but they will also be getting nice used things. 

For example, a friend of Sam's has a table top drill press that he is giving away.  We are going to get that from Brian and it will be part of Aaron's Christmas.  Our plans for the rest of Aaron's gifts is to watch Harbor Freight for sales and coupons and get him a nice tool box.  Sam will put tools in it that we find at yardsales. If he gets his house, I will probably get him a Netflix subscription/gift card too. 

I haven't really thought about Caylon.  She's the easiest of my kids to buy for so I'm not stressing about her. 

Lainey is getting a pair of Childrens Place pajamas that have sock monkey on them.  They are brand new, still with the tags on them $15.00 pj's that I got at Once Upon a Child for $3.00.  She will also get a set of books (probably Trixie Belden) and something else..... ::)

The boys....I have no idea.  They should be easy though.

I am beginning to pick up baking supplies when I do my grocery shopping and putting them away for Christmas goodies.  That's about the only way I know to have what I need and not have to take out a second mortgage to get them.

79 days, huh??  That's exciting, scary, depressing and nerve wracking all rolled up together.

Beth 
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 08:51:27 AM »
Beth ~

you seem like you have a good plan together.  I hope Aaron's gets his house -- I think that is an awesome gift for him

I think you are right I need to just budget some "baking" money into my already existing grocery budget and put it away.  I need to start making things accordingly - people keep using my stuff for other things ..... it's getting a wee bit frustrating! 

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 08:52:42 AM »
I think I may have a plan, but not quite sure about that.  :o

My plan is to go as cheap as possible.  ;D

I am trying to get over my hang-ups on giving used items for gifts. I will be buying the kids new gifts but they will also be getting nice used things. 

For example, a friend of Sam's has a table top drill press that he is giving away.  We are going to get that from Brian and it will be part of Aaron's Christmas.  Our plans for the rest of Aaron's gifts is to watch Harbor Freight for sales and coupons and get him a nice tool box.  Sam will put tools in it that we find at yardsales. If he gets his house, I will probably get him a Netflix subscription/gift card too. 

I haven't really thought about Caylon.  She's the easiest of my kids to buy for so I'm not stressing about her. 

Lainey is getting a pair of Childrens Place pajamas that have sock monkey on them.  They are brand new, still with the tags on them $15.00 pj's that I got at Once Upon a Child for $3.00.  She will also get a set of books (probably Trixie Belden) and something else..... ::)

The boys....I have no idea.  They should be easy though.

I am beginning to pick up baking supplies when I do my grocery shopping and putting them away for Christmas goodies.  That's about the only way I know to have what I need and not have to take out a second mortgage to get them.

79 days, huh??  That's exciting, scary, depressing and nerve wracking all rolled up together.

Beth 

Beth, do they still have those or did you find them used somewhere?  I was given a whole set of those that my cousin had out grown.  That was probably 25 years ago. :o  Some of the few books I enjoyed.  If Lainey likes those, she might like some of the Ramona Quimby books too.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »
Rooney,

I have about a dozen Trixie Belden books packed up from my own childhood collection. I was hoping to find a few more in good condition from thrift stores or online used book sites. Our small thrift store on Main Street has a huge book room with floor to ceiling shelves filled with books. Right now they have a "fill a bag for $4" sale going on. I hope to be able to get over there and find some good books for her. She is in 1st grade but reading on a 3rd grade level and she loves mysteries.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 10:56:42 AM »
You're trying to add to my anxiety by posting this, aren't you  :P

No plan.. gotta get through "birthday season" for us first.   ;)

Offline Cathie

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »
You're trying to add to my anxiety by posting this, aren't you  :P

No plan.. gotta get through "birthday season" for us first.   ;)

Erica ~

I'm just sharing the joy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I need to plan for 3 birthdays as well  :o :o :o :o :o

I'm going back to sucking my thumb in the corner

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
I have 11 birthdays between the 23rd of this month and the beginning of December... eeeeekkkkk!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 02:13:55 PM »
I have 11 birthdays between the 23rd of this month and the beginning of December... eeeeekkkkk!

oh I wasn't counting others --- 3 in this house, out of 5  :P ;)

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 05:25:12 PM »
Beth I had the whole set of Trixie books and loved them. Had them stored in a large green bag when we moved as kids and my gramma threw them out thinking it was garbage  :'(

What #'s do you have.... I could always check out up here and see if I could find any?

Cathie I do the same for my Xmas baking. I make a list of what I need and start picking up 1 or 2 items with my normal groceries. Once Xmas hits I usually have most of it here waiting.
Laurie
Many hands make light work

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 08:06:05 PM »

oh I wasn't counting others --- 3 in this house, out of 5  :P ;)

that includes 3 of the 4 of us here.. its madness