Author Topic: Monday, Oct. 6  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Cathie

Re: Monday, Oct. 6
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 02:12:30 PM »
I understand completely Cathie. I have only started buying non gmo grains and beans in the last month or so. Sam is really trying to loose weight and has been doing a lot of research on how HFCS and MSG along with other synthetic, man made chemicals causes the body to gain weight because the body doesn't know how to metabolize the chemicals so it stores it as fat. We've been trying to eat as "clean" as we can. If I still had Caylon and her two here, there would be no way for me to do this. My motto is " I do the best I can with what I have to work with"  :D

BTW, Sam has lost around 30 pounds.  ;D ;D

Beth

WOW Sam WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so awesome!!!!! Congrats!!! i am sure that is all true --- all that bad yucky stuff.  I am trying to eat as clean as we can, meat unfortunately can't be organic but hopefully I can find a local person and we can see.  My family does not like beans so that is a problem, they are big pasta eaters

ugggggggggggggg I hate being the grown up somedays   ;D

Offline Cathie

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 02:12:52 PM »
love that picture Beth! So cool!!!

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 02:25:59 PM »
Meat is my big thing too Cathie. Some weeks I can get the "good" stuff and some weeks I cant. Food Lion has grass fed, no hormones, etc etc hamburger for around $7/lb. Thats not much more per pound than the regular hamburger prices in my area. If I'm going to have spaghetti or chili for our "meat meal" that week, I'll get a pound of the good stuff for just a few more dollars.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 03:20:50 PM »
What an exciting day! Beth is back and EVERYONE is online!! I dont have time to read everything! I will just sum this day up as being a MONDAY! @!!  Ugh I have been to town 3 x. 1st Ross and I went in to rent a grain vac as ours was having issues and a guy was coming to load truck at 9 so Ross left me off to drive our jeep home that has been getting fixed on for a month! Came home and we fed calves and got grain vac set up for safflower delivery and then we took hay racks off of trailer to load our red tractor up and I took it to town to be fixed on. I forgot and shut off the truck while they were unloading and I had to be jump started . ugh Down to elevator for a check , up to the school to leave Lanes forgotten football bag. Back home my mom decides of all days to come and clean my kitchen cupboards but I surprised her and left my kitchen a mess this morning  :o :-[ ;D as Ross and I where running to town. So Ross and I eat a lunch load green tractor that is also broke down (do you see the trend the repair bills this month is outrageous) and I take it in and get 2 new batteries for truck that we need to change tonight. I need to go fuel up skidsteer and add more creep feed to tub so we can feed calves tonight after I get back from 2 pastures of checking cows and putting out salt and mineral. The worst is I want/need to haul hay and we only have 1 tractor right now and the dealer doesnt have a loader tractor to rent right now. I will wait till tomorrow after school and hopefully get at least a couple hauled when Ashley gets home. So I better head out so I can get back in time to go back to town to get Allison from basketball and Lane from football. Oh my troubles havent ended there. My son updated my phone so my banking app isnt there anymore and so I went to redownload and some kid changed password so I am helpless. Kids are so in trouble. They will get phone and have it fixed in few minutes after I spent time trying to figure it out. UGh Just so it is fixed!! I think I should just write a book only titled Why Farm/Ranch Women Turn Gray Faster!!~!

Janice

Offline Cathie

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 04:24:08 AM »
Meat is my big thing too Cathie. Some weeks I can get the "good" stuff and some weeks I cant. Food Lion has grass fed, no hormones, etc etc hamburger for around $7/lb. Thats not much more per pound than the regular hamburger prices in my area. If I'm going to have spaghetti or chili for our "meat meal" that week, I'll get a pound of the good stuff for just a few more dollars.

Beth

thanks Beth - I'll see what I can find  ;)