Author Topic: Christmas goodies  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Rooney

Christmas goodies
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »
Would some of you mind posting some recipes of some "simple" things you like to make for Christmas goodies?  Keep in mind, I am domestically challenged in this area. ;)

Offline Cheryl

Re: Christmas goodies
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »
I haven't made this yet, but plan to this year.

Crockpot Candy

24 oz pkg. Chocolate candy coating
24 oz pkg. White candy coating
4 oz bar German chocolate bar
12 oz milk chocolate chips
24 oz dry roasted peanuts

Layer in crock in order listed.  Cook on low for 1 hour.  Stir.  Cook on low 1 hour more.  Spoon by teaspoon onto wax paper. Break into pieces when cool.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:48:20 PM »
that looks good Cheryl!!!!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »
We have a family tradition of dipping pretzels in white chocolate and adding sprinkles.  Super simple and even the little guys can do it, but we always have fun and enjoy the pretzels.  I tape big sheets of freezer paper or wax paper to the table and let them sprinkle to their hearts' content.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »
We have a family tradition of dipping pretzels in white chocolate and adding sprinkles.  Super simple and even the little guys can do it, but we always have fun and enjoy the pretzels.  I tape big sheets of freezer paper or wax paper to the table and let them sprinkle to their hearts' content.
I am doing this.  I will post pictures of the mess...just for you Catherine. ;)

Does anyone have a fairly easy fudge recipe to try?

Offline Cathie

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 04:42:39 AM »

I  have a microwave fudge recipe I will post tomorrow for you --- gotta run gonna be late for work  ;)

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 05:42:41 AM »
We always have peanut butter Ritz crackers dipped in white chocolate with sprinkles on top.  It's a lot like Catherines pretzels but using peanut butter crackers instead. 

Lainey loves to help make these and now that the boys are older, they will be helping too.  I always let the kids spread the peanut butter with plastic knives from to-go orders and then they sprinkle to their hearts content.  HUGE mess but the kids love it.

There is also a ton of things you can do with Rice Krispie treats during Christmas.  Dye the melted marshmellows green and use a Christmas tree/bell/wreath cookie cutters to make shapes and then decorate, decorate plain treat squares with green and red icing, M&M's or sprinkles, etc.

Beth
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:49:39 AM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 08:25:35 AM »
I am doing this.  I will post pictures of the mess...just for you Catherine. ;)

You should go for it.  It's a blast.  One of those things we tried once and have repeated every year since.  :)

As for fudge, I LOVE the recipe that is on the back of the marshmallow creme jar.  Not at all healthy, but so easy and delicious.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
Man great minds think alike! I was going to post all those recipes. You guys just saved me time. My mom has a great fudge recipe I will try to find it. Have you ever made truffles. Not to hard. I will try to find andes mint one. You make the mixture and put on cookie sheet to cool in fridge then take small cookie scoop make balls then dip  in chocolate.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »
Beth, I will do a mixture of the pretzels and crackers.  They will like both.  Thanks ;)  You girls are just full of ideas! ;D

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 06:02:13 AM »
Lindsay - this is our favorite recipe for fudge (and it's so easy!!)

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-peanut-butter-fudge
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 10:46:34 AM »
Cheryl, that does look super simple!  Do they have it in chocolate instead of peanut butter?  We can't do anything with peanuts around here.  I would use this one if it was chocolate for sure. :)