Author Topic: Tues Oct 7  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Cathie

Tues Oct 7
« on: October 07, 2014, 04:40:01 AM »
Good morning all ~

having my cup of coffee before I make lunches and get ready for work.

It's cold in this house and I "think" we need to turn on heat soon but I am avoiding it at all cost (propane tank will be a fortunate to fill it up  :P :P :P )

Dinner tonight is   :o :o :o :o suggestions??? I am at a loss

Tonight hubby and I will go to the mall to buy Euros for the trip so that is exciting.

Wishing you all an awesome day.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Re: Tues Oct 7
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 05:34:40 AM »
Good morning  :D

It is an overcast, drizzly morning. Ugh.  I am right on the edge of the rain so it's 50/50 on our weather today  :(

I just walked down and opened the door to the coop and let all the girls and turkeys out and fed them.  I swung back around by the muscadine vines and snagged me a few.  I just don't know if the good Lord put anything else on this earth as good as a muscadine.  ;D  Their season is about over and I will miss them so much. 

Let's see, todays to do list looks like this....
~Laundry, if the rain holds off
~Evan comes back from his father's at 1:00
~I have a dr's appt with my gastroenterologist at 1:00. (Aaron will keep the boys while I'm gone)
~Vacuum
~Carry a bunch of stuff to my basement for storage and try to figure out where to put it all.  My basement is a disaster area with all of Aaron's things for his house down there. Ugh.
~Pick the last of the bell peppers and get them in the freezer
~Water the collards and cabbages
~Pull up the okra and pepper plants
~Mow the garden  :o 

I'm sure I'll do more than that but with a dr's appointment right in the middle of the afternoon and Evan coming back from his father's, I'm just not sure how the afternoon is going to play out. 

Gotta scoot.  I have dishes soaking from last night  ::) that need to be washed before I start dragging out the breakfast fixin's. 

I hope everyone's day is off to a wonderful beginning.  I"ll check back in later.  :-*

Beth
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:35:53 AM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 06:09:15 AM »
Good morning!

I've been up a little longer than I intended.  There was a bird singing outside my bedroom window like it's the first day of spring.  When I got out of bed, I thought I could hear my hens cackling but it turned out to be nothing.  Then I had to fix a bottle for the kitten.  Now I'm enjoying my coffee before I do anything else. ;)

Beth, I sure wish I had some of your muscadines.  My scuppernongs didn't do so great this year.  But I agree, that is one of the best things to eat!

Well, I'm going to get busy and I'll check back with you all later.  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 06:32:32 AM »
Good morning!

Beth - So nice to "see" you!  What a challenging summer you had.  I hope your doctor's appointment goes well.

Not much going on here today.  Doug worked second shift yesterday and has that shift again today so he is sleeping on the couch.  When he gets up, he will take me to the store to get something I can easily make for dinner with him gone.  A friend is coming to visit me later this afternoon.

While my back is improving, it is very, very, very slow.  I still need to spend a good part of the day laying down in bed but can stand, walk and even sit for a little bit longer each day.  I have to be extremely careful in what I do and make sure I do not bend or reach too far or pick up or carry anything heavier than a gallon of milk.  When Doug works night shift, it is difficult and I get extremely tired and sore but it is getting better.  My physical therapist is very happy with my progress and has started increasing the difficulty of what I do at my appointments.  This is a long process but I am grateful that I am no longer in excruciating pain.

This weekend, Doug, Molly and I will be going to Connecticut.  We have a friend who set a goal of running a marathon in every state and Connecticut is his last one so we are going to celebrate with him.  Doug is running the half marathon.  I may not be able to do much but Doug was more worried about me staying home alone for so long.  This way, he says he can keep an eye on me.  😄

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Denise

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 06:45:43 AM »
I'm glad you're improving Denise. I know spinal surgeries and injuries are very slow going.  It seems like my mama has been in PT forever. Between her knee replacement and her broken C2 and C3, she's really had experience with PT this summer.

I hope you have a great outing at the marathon. Take it easy and rest when you need to.

Beth
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 06:48:11 AM »
Uuuuummmm Beth....what is a muscadine  ???  ???  ???

Morning ladies, just heading out to work in 5 mins but will come back later
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline wrancher

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 06:59:40 AM »
Good Morning

So fun coming here and not starting the board and boring everyone. I love reading about the different fruits or berries? from your areas. I have never heard of those so googling when I 1st came here.

Today is feed calves, fill air seeder then I can row bales with our 1 tractor. :'( We need 2 to haul hay one on each end. I cant wait till things quit breaking down and the repair bills stop. I need to figure out a crockpot meal.

Coffee time.......
Jancie===

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 07:45:54 AM »
I'm just taking a little quiet time to myself this morning after getting the kids off to school, geezer moody pre teen and teenager not fun! Hubby is off fishing again today, I went with him yesterday morning and sipped my coffee while reading g a whole book it sure was blissful at the lake even if the squirrels were causing g a lot of racket lol. I'm going to start laundry and pick up the house til hubby gets home them we are going to go try and play some tennis, neither of us have before but thought it would be a nice exercise so this should be interesting. Great hearing g from everybody have a great day!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 08:06:13 AM »
Laurie,

Muscadines and scuppernogs are part of the grape family that are native to the southern region of the USA.

Mine are more bronze than purple.  Here's the Wikipedia article.
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 08:22:29 AM »
Good morning!

I started to post yesterday then got pulled away and never made it back. :)

Last weekend was busy!  Friday my husband, oldest son and I went to a college football game.  Our alma maters were playing each other.  Mine won!  Then Saturday morning, Alex had a soccer game and pictures.  All day Saturday and Sunday we were watching General Conference (semiannual meeting of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to hear preaching, counsel and advice from our church leaders) on TV.  Sunday was Alex's 6th birthday.  As soon as the last meeting was over, we gathered food and headed over to the grandparents' to celebrate.  Grandpa recently had hip replacement surgery and he is doing very well but getting around is still a challenge.  Plus we have a split level house so no way he was getting up the stairs.  We had a good time anyway!

I have a new "job".  A friend of mine recently got hired as a sub teacher at the Deaf school.  She has 5 boys.  Three of them are in school all day.  The youngest two (twins!) are in preschool which starts at 1 pm.  Her husband works from 11 am to 8 pm.  So when she works, he takes care of the boys, getting the older three off to school then dropping off the twins with me at 11.  They are at my house til 12:15 when we all (me, my two boys and the twins) head off to school.  We walk (it's a half mile) so we need to leave early enough to walk without wearing out the boys.  Alex starts kindergarten at 12:45 (class goes in the building at 12:40, I like to be there at 12:35), then the twins and Nathan (my youngest) play on the school playground til preschool starts.  Then Nathan and I walk home.  So I'm working for 2 hours.  It doesn't feel much like work though, because they are good friends of ours so the boys all get along really well.  The pay isn't that much but it's still some spending money! :)

Today I wrote down my to do list and it filled an entire page of my notebook.  A lot of it is really little things that'll take 5 minutes or less--I just want to remember to DO them.  Today is laundry day and I want to get started on ironing.  I've got a full basket so I'll do 5 items here and there.  I also want to finish my fall decorating.  I've got a shelf behind the TV to work on then and the front porch.  I bought some mums so I want to pot them.  Also will put out my large pumpkins.  I need to check bills and pay any that are coming due and send a bunch of emails about church.   My office and the boys' bedroom is a disaster so I need to get started on those.  It's time to start thinking about Christmas gifts I'm going to make!

Last night we drove up the canyon to see the fall colors and hike around a lake.  It was absolutely beautiful up there.  If I get enough stuff done this morning, I may take Nathan and go up another canyon after the other boys go to school.

Have a wonderful day!
Merilee

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
Good morning!

Just getting in my computer time.  Got up early but was packing kids' lunches.  Mallory has violin on Tues/Friday so has to be there by 7:45...got her dropped off, came home and made myself and the three younger kids a protein shake (breakfast is free at school so they often eat it there but need something to tide them over).  Took Morgan and Micah back to school, came home and fixed Max some more breakfast and myself some coffee, then sat down to do my Bible study homework.  My reward is computer time before I get to work around here.  :)

On today's agenda:
-Make eye doctor appointments for Earl and I (looks like we will be changing insurance providers in November so I want to use our current benefits for an exam and new glasses prior to that, then can get contacts when needed with next years' benefits).

-clean out cabinet where I store tea, coffee, vanilla (current and bottles in the making) and measuring cups.

-General pickup, sweeping, and a load of laundry.

-Possibly tackle the coat/miscellaneous closet if energy level doesn't plummet.  :P

-Fill vitamin containers for the next week.

-Do schoolwork and reading lesson with Max (we are starting a Winter Promise curriculum:  Animals and Their Worlds, which I think he will love)

We have community group tonight and I plan to make a breakfast casserole for that as it is a breakfast-for-dinner theme.  May need to run to Aldi for sausage as I think we only have the maple kind in the freezer.

Supposed to be back up to 95 today, yuck.  But cooler again toward the end of the week...can't wait!  We have a camping trip planned for the end of next week so are hoping for good weather for that.

Did I tell you all we got rid of our chickens?  Found them a good home with a rural minister and his teacher wife.  They had turkeys already and were wanting chickens...she is a friend of a friend of mine so it worked out well.  For now I'm buying eggs from the lady we got our beef from.  We will take a break this winter then decide in the spring if we want to get more or not while in town.  We loved having them but it's not financially worth it when you have to fully feed them (no free-ranging at all allowed in town anymore) and are trying to avoid GMO feeds.

Beth, nice to see you back and hear about your days.  :)

Have a great day, everyone!
Catherine
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:38:52 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 08:41:02 AM »
Cheryl and anyone else interested.

I was thinking about my Tractor Supply store today and the coupons I get in the mail.  I am pretty sure I got on their mailing list by going to their website, mytsc.com, and in the top right hand corner, clicking on "Create an account" and filling out the info it asks for.  Every now and then I get coupons for 10% off general purchases and I'll get a coupon for a big ticket item...hunting stuff during hunting season, fencing, wood splitters, etc. 

This spring I got a coupon for 10% off a lawn mower purchase and Aaron bought one of the zero turn "Bad Boy" mowers and saved something like $300.  (Of course now that lawn mower is stored in my garage since he hasn't gotten the house yet.   :(  )

Beth
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
Thanks Beth, they sure sound tasty. When I come visit I'll have to try some  ;)

Had a couple of errands to run after work this morning. Only gone an hr but my back was getting so bad had to come home. Beth was right when she said back issues are no fun  :'(

Saved some money today so will post in the appropriate section... when I find it lol.

Have a great day ladies. Love hearing about your days
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Rooney

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 01:30:08 PM »
Hi all!

Just got back from dental appointments.  Out of six kids, only 1 cavity and they said it was due to overly deep grooves in the molar.  We will get that dealt with next Wednesday.  Tomorrow is another dental visit and a chiro, then we are done till next week.

We have a birthday girl in our house today.  Eden turns 3.  So I will be baking brownie/cake dessert later.  Also have to get the beans for dinner cooked and the cornbread made.  Wow!  Talk about procrastinating, Steve is picking up her gifts on the way home.  He does know what to get and where to get it though, so no biggie really.  So we will be celebrating that tonight.  I sure do like when birthdays fall on the weekends better, so we can make a big deal of it.

Sounds like you all have been busy today as well.

Denise, I am so glad to hear that you are on the mend!  Hope things continue to get better for you. :)

Beth, so glad you are back! :)

Catherine- fill vitamin containers for next week?  You are so organized! :o

And Janice, you certainly are NOT boring (like you said). I enjoy reading about how different your day is than mine. ;)

Lindsay

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 01:32:32 PM »
Cheryl and anyone else interested.

I was thinking about my Tractor Supply store today and the coupons I get in the mail.  I am pretty sure I got on their mailing list by going to their website, mytsc.com, and in the top right hand corner, clicking on "Create an account" and filling out the info it asks for.  Every now and then I get coupons for 10% off general purchases and I'll get a coupon for a big ticket item...hunting stuff during hunting season, fencing, wood splitters, etc. 

This spring I got a coupon for 10% off a lawn mower purchase and Aaron bought one of the zero turn "Bad Boy" mowers and saved something like $300.  (Of course now that lawn mower is stored in my garage since he hasn't gotten the house yet.   :(  )

Beth

Beth, thank you!  I was just telling my husband you had a TSC coupon and I wish we had those! ;D. We got a sales paper in the mail today and that made me think of you.  I'll go to their web site and try signing up.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn