Author Topic: Tuesday October 14  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday October 14
« on: October 14, 2014, 07:43:36 AM »
Good morning!  Just getting us started... :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday October 14
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 08:16:35 AM »
Good Morning

Just in from chores (calves fed) Ross and Megan headed to my BIL to help load calves. THey are selling their calves today and they leave over in another town. So a day kinda at home. My mom is coming out this morning to do some cleaning. I have a mess so need to make tracks. Lane has football again tonight at least this one is at home! I have a few errands to run in town before the game. Have laundry and dishes started but am obviously lacking at the picking up thing. When my college girl is home everything is messier. ugh But glad she is here to help. I am finishing some bookwork (thats why I am at the computer  ;) ) I dehydrated some chives and they are so pretty. Really dark green. I did 4 trays and refilled a big spice container from Sams. I used parchment paper on the trays and that was slick as i could just pick up the sheet and put in jar and clean up was a snap. I have some other herbs to dry but was doing them all separately. My basil froze it must be super tender. 

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 08:28:41 AM »
Good morning!

All kids but Max to school (he's off Tues/Thurs).  He is in his jammies watching Shaun the Sheep while I was doing my Bible study and am now having some coffee/computer time.  I am supposed to do my workout next, but have to reconfigure.  Today was supposed to be my Chalean day with the shoulder workout, but my shoulders are sore from lifting rocks and carrying buckets of rocks yesterday.  So I may swap it out for the back/chest-focused workout instead.

Tonight is open house for Mal's gifted and talented class.  And an open house type thing for graduate school at my alma mater.  I am going to go see what Master's programs they are offering these days.  I have white chili already made in the crockpot and baked corn muffins last night, so supper should be super simple tonight.

For today, I hope to finish up meal planning for camping, make a grocery list, and fold laundry.  Max has music at 2:00 PM, then he and I will stop to visit an older friend.   She isn't getting out much after back surgery a few months back, so we like to visit now and then.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:44:53 AM »
Not much time to post today, but just wanted to say my husband's outside right this minute putting up a new, improved clothesline for me! ;D. It's the little things, right?  All of you line-drying ladies will understand. :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »
Hi ladies.

Didn't get to post on the daily yesterday.  It seemed liked my day was really full of just stuff, ya know.  I am diligently working on getting our grocery bill down.  In fact, Sunday afternoon, Steve and I watched youtube videos of the America's Cheapest Family series.  That was actually kinda fun.  Found a tip we knew of but hadn't been applying to save on water.  Oh, I also found the really good organizational printouts from organizedhome.  I love these.  I am going to put them all in a three ringed binder and start that way.  Next month will be my first month to give menu planning a go, as my menu planning usually consists of "Hey, what do you want for supper tonight?"  I have already come of with some areas to cut that we won't even notice. I have also started trying to cook ahead a bit.  Yesterday in between all the other daily goings-ons, I cooked up 102 pancakes and froze them.  That should be 3 meals out of the way.  Wish I could put away 3 extra meals everyday.  Wouldn't take long to get ahead and stay ahead that way. ;)

On the agenda for today is to finish school, laundry, ironing and a bit of tidying.  My bigger washer is not working right now and it isn't something we can fix.  It is under warranty and we are waiting for them to call us back to set up a service call.  It always takes two though.  One to diagnose the problem and another to fix it.  I am really trying to keep up with the one that works and praying it doesn't decide to go out at the same time.  That would be frightful! :o 

Catherine, does Max like Wallace and Grommitt as well?  Mine all love that.  They have season 1 of Shaun and like that too.

Janice, I am so jealous of you and your "cleaning mama". :)

Cheryl, glad you are getting your new clothesline.  And you are right, it is the little things!

Lindsay

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 11:56:13 AM »
Good morning!

I am finally getting in to a groove today.  I get us with my hubs in the mornings and make sure his lunch is packed and I make him a smoothies for breakfast and then start my day BUT today, I went back to bed for an hour.  I was pretty tired, I guess. 

We have had breakfast (peach, almond breakfast cookies) and Trevor has finished his school work.  Brandon is still working on his school work and I finished the weeks lesson plans.  I need to sit down and grade some school work but I am not sure that will happen today.  It may be something for tomorrow.  Laundry is going and now I just need to figure out what is for dinner.  It will need to be something that I can make before we head to the gym and reheat when I get home or something that Brandon can make.  The boys have Scouts this evening too.

Cheryl - enjoy your new clothesline!  We are in a rental home right now and I LOVE the clothesline!  Makes me feel all "pioneery"  ;D

Janice - have fun at the game!

Catherine - have a great work out!  Sorry you are sore from the lifting but its a good kind of sore, right  ;)  8)

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 11:59:41 AM »
Lindsay - you snuck in on me while I was typing!  Great work on getting organized and starting meal planning.  I use a website for meal planning that I like a lot.  So helpful to have meals planned (although some days get missed... like today  ;D   ::)   :-\   )

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 12:00:53 PM »
Lindsay, I'm not sure if Max has seen that.  I think the other kids have and do, though.  I was letting him watch this especially today because it's our last day with Amazon Prime.  We have cancelled and our old membership expires after today.  We signed up for Netflix again.

Erica, yes, definitely a good sore!  I can feel muscles in my upper arms and shoulders.  If I can get rid of the overlying layer of fat, maybe I'll have buff arms.  :D  One can hope, right?  Lower body gets a great workout hiking, though I do squats and lunges as well.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 12:10:15 PM »

Erica, yes, definitely a good sore!  I can feel muscles in my upper arms and shoulders.  If I can get rid of the overlying layer of fat, maybe I'll have buff arms.  :D  One can hope, right?  Lower body gets a great workout hiking, though I do squats and lunges as well.

I have the same thing happening with that layer on my arms, OL.  I was talking to one of the trainers at the gym and said I need to get rid of my "bat wings".  He said "patience"... keep doing what I am and be patient and it will happen.  That stupid tricep area... UGH.   :-[