Author Topic: Monday, October 27, 2014  (Read 1080 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, October 27, 2014
« on: October 27, 2014, 05:41:10 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, October 27, 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:47:59 AM »
Im enjoying my coffee and quiet time.  Need to get in shower but being quiet. Today is hopefully hay hauling. We worked the calves that we are feeding and that was way more time consuming than we thought. I did get some hay in but now both trucks need unloaded and we will feed calves first. I cant wait to get some house cleaning done but we are getting closer to getting caught up outside. kinda We will never be caught up. We will have 3 kids home after school so that will help alot. Allison has basketball practice.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:06:14 AM »
Good morning.  :D

We are busy this morning with wood. Aaron and Sam brought home wood from the land that they had cut down in the spring. They brought home 3 huge lengths of wood that were bigger than 3 foot across. Sam is busting and I'm stacking. I have to take a lot of breaks...all that lifting kills my hernia.  :P

I have also started switching my closet around so that's been a lot of trips up and down the stairs. I tell you what, I'm about too old for all of this. Or maybe I'm just too out of shape.   ::)

I've gotten 2 loads of clothes on the line and 3 loaves of pumpkin bread made from the pumpkin I processed this weekend. The other 2 cup bags went into the freezer. I have pumpkin seeds ready to roast and some pork ribs ready to go into the roaster oven.

Breaks over and Sam is hollering for me. Talk to yall later.  :-*

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
I have been up early and to town already and I am just taking a break right now. It is going to be almost 80 today so we are thinking of going fishing later.
I know a while back I posted about not buying pop because it isnt healthy and it isnt affordable. But, there was a misprint in a local store ad and they had to honor it. It was 4--24 packs of mt dew for 12.00. I know, worst pop to drink of all. But I did buy the 4. I figured with the holidays coming up and having guests over, it would be something for them to drink. Plus I do enjoy an occasional diet mt dew. That is 96 cans of pop for 12.00. About 13 cents a can. Walmart had to price match it and they had people in there buying it up like crazy and the managers were flipping out!
For breakfast we had egg and ham sandwiches on toast.  I need to do dishes, vacuum and do some laundry. I'm not really feeling the whole fishing thing today but Chad loves to go and he likes it when I go along. I have a stomach ache though (that time) but I dont want to ruin his fun.
I think for dinner we may have smoked sausage with fried potatoes and onions and green peppers and maybe mac and cheese or a salad.
I am getting excited for November to arrive this weekend. I love fall but am looking forward to the winter holidays. I made my pie crusts yesterday and got them in the freezer to use for Thanksgiving. This weekend pumpkins should go on sale so I am going to get some and roast them for the pies, cakes etc.
I wanted to tell you about something that has amazed me recently. There are two teenage girls who live down the lane from me. They have been smart mouthed girls and we've had to chase them out of our yard on their four wheelers, and other things...they were just rude. Well a couple of days ago we were outside and the one girl walked up to me and started conversation. She acted like she had some sense and was a delight to talk to. Yesterday, she came back when we were burning outside. Again, she was really nice. Then yesterday evening her and her sister both walked up and they came in and we talked about school and girly things. I gave them both a piece of cake. And the one told me she loves to cook. They are both really nice girls who had nothing but respect for Chad and me. When they left, I knew God had his hand in it. I had prayed all summer that they would stay around their house and not come down here. They would drive real fast through our yard with their four wheelers and put muddy rutts in it and stuff. But anyways, I was frustrated with them. I think I forgot that they are really just kids and now they know I dont want them doing that. But we have became friends. I just think God knew what he was doing! Makes me feel a lot better! Sorry about the book, ladies. Imagine if you were on the phone with me! wow. lol
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 01:37:19 PM »
Afternoon, y'all, (that's what I'd say if you were here, lol)...sounds like you have all been busy today!

Did not sleep at all well last night.  And Mal kept getting up to come in and tell me SHE couldn't sleep, lol.  Anyway, Earl's alarm went off earlier than usual, at 5:30, and then I was awake knowing I should get up by 6.  Finally rolled out of bed and got moving.  The battery on my van is acting up and we are trying to wait till Wednesday to replace (payday and we want to do cash), so I needed to take him to work.  To do that, I had Maddy not ride the bus so she'd be here with the others helping them get ready while I was gone (well, mainly Max needed help).  So I got home, got my Camelbak filled, and took off to get them all to school, then drove straight out to the Refuge to hike.  We had a great time out there.

So now I'm home, just had some lunch, and am going to go change my shirt and pick up Max, come back home and do a little dinner prep, go get the other kids (Maddy will get home in there and stay with Max), drop the other kids at home, go get Earl, and head to Max's parent-teacher conference.  Tomorrow will be an at-home day unless I drive Earl to work, so I'll do house stuff then.

Bobbie, that's so nice that you could get to know those girls better.  Maybe they need a caring adult in their lives right now and you are it.  Sometimes teens like to talk to someone other than their parents about things.

Have a great afternoon and evening, all!
Catherine

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 02:50:38 PM »
Catherine - I remember when Molly used to come in the room in the middle of the night to tell us she couldn't sleep.  What she thought we could do about it, I will never know!  😄

Denise