Author Topic: I am back.  (Read 1741 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
I am back.
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:40:43 PM »
  Hello dear ladies,
    Life really threw us a wringer this month, or  maybe I should say that we made some stupid decisions this month. :( I decided to move to the first shift so I could have full time. It is 5 a.m to 1:30 p.m. In order to be closer and not have to drive 10 miles on nasty roads this winter, I moved into an apartment in Oregon. :( :( I hated living in town. I never could sleep. I missed Kevin and our babies so much that I was crying most of the time. I hated the first shift with a passion! The first shift aids are nothing like the evening shift. The care partners kept hiding out and letting me do all the work. I never had time for a break. I was so exhausted when I got off work that I could do nothing else. After 10 days, I decided this was enough. I called Kevin and told him I was coming home.
    So I moved back home. The couple who manage the apartments are friends of ours and were nice enough to give me back my deposit even though I did not give them 30 days notice. I then, cancelled the electric and had the phone and internet moved back out here to the farm. Yeah! It has been an expensive month, but a good lesson. We are meant to be together. It was torture on both of us.
   As far as work goes, I have gone to my boss and told her I wanted my old shift back. I start training a new lady tomorrow at 5 a.m. Leah will work full time on first shift. I will take one of her days off weekly and another lady will take the other day off. I am not really happy to even be working one day a week on that shift, but it is what I have to do right now. Kevin doesn't even want me to do that, but I told him I could survive one day a week. Ladies, you can not believe how hateful the first shift aids are. I came home in tears Saturday because of something smarty one of them said about me. I guess I am not as tough as I thought. Kevin says I am too soft hearted. I work hard and help others, also try to see the best in everyone. Let's just say that some really took advantage of me. :(
    So I am hopefully back to the evening shift. I will work 11-7:30 on Wednesdays, putting groceries away, then doing my regular shift. I will also work one day 5-1:30. I think I will actually gets some days off this coming month. I love working with Kerry and Barb on the evening shift, but once Kevin finds a job, I will be coming home to be a house wife once again. You can not believe how much I miss being home. Kevin has had one interview, but did not get the job. Jobs are really scarce around here right now.
    Kevin has been such an angel. I think he about went crazy without me. We have worked hard to make our little cabin more like a home and not so cluttered. We bought a day bed with another bed under it. At night we pull it out and raise it up to make a queen size bed. During the day the extra bed slips under the day bed. It gives us so much more room during the day. We also took down the shelves and put up wall cabinets. It looks so much better. Kevin bought a sink to put in our counter for me and has an idea to hook up water. I am so excited.
   I may not have a lot of conveniences and luxuries out here, but I will take this to living in town any day. I hated that. Thank you all for thinking about me. It has been a long, stressful month. Please pray for me as I still have to work at least 4 times on the day shift in Nov. I really don't want to have another melt down. I don't want to give the mean ones the satisfaction. Just pray for strength for me. Thank you. Sorry this is so long, but it has been a long month. LOL
    I posted this on FB, but just copied and pasted it so I didn't have to type it all out again. I really appreciate everyone thinking about me. It means a lot to have ladies who actually care and are not mean and hateful. I guess I just got a taste of what the workforce is like.  :-\
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Proudmama

Re: I am back.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:47:51 PM »
You poor thing!  My heart was breaking for you (and Kevin) while I read this.  I am so happy you are back home where you belong.  And don't you give another thought to those nasty first shifters - you just hold your head up high and ignore them.  Do not give them the satisfaction of seeing that you are upset.  Just be your sweet self, do your job, talk to those who deserve your time and ignore those who don't.

Denise

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:56:28 PM »
Love ya, Winona.  Check your messages. :)

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 04:20:07 PM »
I am so glad you're back.  I was worried about you! 

I'll be praying for you and Kevin.  Hang in there!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 04:53:05 PM »
Aw, so sorry to hear you've had such a rough and stressful month.  Glad the problem is mostly fixed now with an end in sight and glad to see you back on here!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 07:07:21 AM »
Oh my goodness you have been through alot. Glad to see you back and hoping things are looking up Your a strong lady keep your chin up!

Janice

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »
 :) Winona <3
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 07:33:49 AM »
glad you are back

love you  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 07:56:58 AM »
   Thank you all. Things are looking up. I got my November schedule yesterday. I actually have more than 4 or 5 days off this month and have a couple of times when I have 2 days in a row off. Didn't happen in Oct. I am only scheduled to work two day shifts. That makes me happy. Yesterday went pretty good. I think Leah will do just fine. She seems tougher than me. LOL Also our supervisor is making note of every time the care partners mess around and leave the work for the DAs. She plans to bring all of this up at the next meeting of the supervisors. Who knows if it will do any good.  ::)
   Kevin has put in applications in some home improvement stores, Menards, etc. Sure hope he gets something. I forgot to tell you that, Lindsay. LOL
   I need to start getting around. I go in at 11 today to put groceries away. You all are like my rock. I am so thankful to have every one of you as a friend. Love you all. Life has to be better this month. LOL
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 12:44:18 PM »
Oh, Winona!  I am so happy to hear that things are looking up :)

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥