Author Topic: Calmness  (Read 6948 times)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
Calmness
« on: September 11, 2013, 08:38:48 PM »
If you've read my posts in the prayer sections, you know that there have been some storms (not literal) in my life and after an emotional breakdown today I figured it would be a good time to study and search the bible for some verses on being calm.  I'm not planning to write up a lot of my own thoughts here, just post these calming verses and let the spirit talk to each of us as we read the words.  If you're troubled in your own life, I hope they will bring you the comfort they have me tonight.

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9

"The Lord is my alight and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident." Psalms 27: 1-4

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil." Proverbs 3:5-7

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:03:19 PM by Shelly »
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
Re: September 12, 2013 - Calmness
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 09:07:42 PM »
May I just say thank you for using the KJV?  That version always rings more "true" to me. :)
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »
May I just say thank you for using the KJV?  That version always rings more "true" to me. :)

No problem.  It's what i grew up with, so it feels more natural to me.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 05:55:17 AM »
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:   Isaiah 26: 3-4

Love these verses too :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 08:22:52 AM »
This is an appropriate one for me today as well.  I have also been struggling with some issues and have often felt that I just could not take it for one more second.  Doug is extremely helpful but, when I am home alone and he is at work, it is very hard.  Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Denise

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:45:13 AM »
Denise, i will keep you in my prayers for strength and peace. 

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53:41 AM »
Shelly and Denise, praying for both of you!!
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »
Shelly - I think of you often, too.  Hang in there!  Things will get better.

Denise

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 01:33:50 PM »
Things will get better.

They always do, don't they?  :)

Already things are looking a bit better here today.  We have a REAL FREAKING LIGHT in our bathroom now.  No more flashlight baths or anything!  OH! and the drywall is nearly finished.  DRYWALLLLLLLLL!  I want to go kiss the walls I'm so freaking excited!  Trev said we need to go pick out a fixture this weekend and then we can pick out flooring to go down so the TOILET can go in.  We're going to have a TOILET!  A real flushing with water toilet!  *giddy giggles*

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »
Shelly - I would be kissing the walls as well.  Heck, I would probably kiss the toilet when it went in!!!!!  I hope it is up and working soon.

Denise

Offline Cheryl

Re: Calmness
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
I know this thread is almost a year old but I found it very helpful today.  There are some things I've been struggling with lately and reading through this again has brought me a sense of peace.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
Re: Calmness
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 03:11:17 PM »
Praying for you Cheryl.

Asking the Lord to give you peace and comfort.

Blessings,
Cathy